Are arbalests and crossbows worth it now in turn-based mode?

in real time mode they are actually pretty great for locking down bosses and casters, though you have to micromanage the shooting a bit.

i haven't tried them in turn-based mode, but I imagine that they would be better at damage and worse at interrupting. The action economy constraint on their firing would be gone, but at the same time it seems like it would be harder to optimize your firing to interrupt or bosses. If you don't care about that, then just use them for the higher damage rate.

1 minute ago, thelee said:

in real time mode they are actually pretty great for locking down bosses and casters, though you have to micromanage the shooting a bit.

i haven't tried them in turn-based mode, but I imagine that they would be better at damage and worse at interrupting. The action economy constraint on their firing would be gone, but at the same time it seems like it would be harder to optimize your firing to interrupt or bosses. If you don't care about that, then just use them for the higher damage rate.

I see. I feel (fear?) that I have to almost prepare for a different game. I will also likely switch from Aanima's Legacy to a war bow as well for my Ranger multi-class character. Further, I am wondering whether I should forgo dual wield melees and convert them to 2H builds.

4 minutes ago, Lampros said:

Further, I am wondering whether I should forgo dual wield melees and convert them to 2H builds.

dual wielding is still decent (especially just for doubling-up on stat sticks), it's just not the all-around best approach as in real time.

Just now, thelee said:

dual wielding is still decent (especially just for doubling-up on stat sticks), it's just not the all-around best approach as in real time.

Hmm, so still viable then? I recall I never ran 2H builds. Perhaps I will do 1 of each and just compare. 2 years is a long time in game development time, and I've already forgotten three-quarters of what I knew! ;)