Health Bar insects

The health Bar of insects resets fast.

For example: when i using a bow to kill bigger insects from a distance, the insect keeps walking away and his healthbar resets to full. Its impossible to kill the bigger insects on your own. very fustrating when you got the health bar down to half. :(

This problem can occur for two reasons: First and most likely, the insect you are attacking is not on the same platform as you are(i.e.: you're on a rock on which the insect you're trying to kill can't climb or get to), so it will try to "recalculate" a new path to get to you, until it actually goes out of range and out of combat and regens its HP.

Second one could be this: The insect is bugged(glitched). Its pathing might be affected by the new updates with the Grass stumps and Walls collision. 

I personally encountered both scenarios. For the first scenario, just get down from wherever you elevated yourself and face the insect by blocking or by shooting arrows and running and trying to kite. Whereas for the second scenario there is not much you can do, and I personally have been struggling with this too. 

Remember the game is in early access so be patient and keep giving feedback to the devs! 

Edited by Andi

I agree it can become challenging, but typically you can use traps for example tp prevail. You might need to spend some time before you fight building these traps but they are very useful in combat in supporting you with reducing the overall health of the enemy. I have had some great success with traps fighting bombardiers, stink bugs, wolf spiders, lady bugs, ants, trapping aphids for food, and keeping orb spiders at bay at my my base.

Another beneficial feature about using traps for combat is that the bugs typically start attaching your traps if you get them agitated, reducing their health without you moving a finger. then you can jump in and finish them off.

2 hours ago, Mushroom said:

It is a clear pathing issue, but I'd rather have the bug scurry away when attacked and unable to retaliate, than just stand there. I mean it does make sense, fight or flight and all that.

sure, but instantly regaining all of their health is a bit much, don't ya think?

21 hours ago, Gearhart said:

sure, but instantly regaining all of their health is a bit much, don't ya think?

if they leave combat mode, no.  i can't think of any game i have that the animal/enemy stays hurt once you or they leave combat unless it's a boss type. 

they need to fix the terrain bugs that make them leave combat so frequently since the 3.0 patch.  then this won't be much of an issue.

Xbox One X

3 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

if they leave combat mode, no.  i can't think of any game i have that the animal/enemy stays hurt once you or they leave combat unless it's a boss type. 

they need to fix the terrain bugs that make them leave combat so frequently since the 3.0 patch.  then this won't be much of an issue.

You sure? Most survival games I've played don't even have a visible indicator that they're in combat. The only reason for having them regain their health would be to save memory, but even then you should have it so that the time it takes for the reset to kick in is relative to how badly they are injured.