Please fix and restore game saves.

I'm tired of my games saves disappearing or not saving. I put in way to much work on here for the game not to save anything. And then when I click to load up a game save I'm at the loading screen for half an hour. Whats the point in playing if you can't save anything.

On 10/9/2020 at 6:02 PM, TheRealest91 said:

I'm tired of my games saves disappearing or not saving. I put in way to much work on here for the game not to save anything. And then when I click to load up a game save I'm at the loading screen for half an hour. Whats the point in playing if you can't save anything.

No doubt! I have stopped wasting my time. I love the game, but won’t do anything further until the saved game issue is resolved. 

• Like 1

I’m having the same issues. I can’t permanently delete old saves and new saves keep disappearing. I’ve lost over 30 days of in-game play. I can’t decide if it’s bc I’m switching from single to multiplayer, killing bugs that are “bugged” in game (stuck in place, etc), a burgle quest, or buildings.  It seems to be one of those or a mixture. I play for a while and then saves won’t load and I get kicked outta the game. The one save that’s solid is from before the 9/30 patch. Everything saves post patch is always lost. 😔

This is sad that we have to come here to let them know. I understand video games are incredibly intense to make but maybe the "veterans" need to come in and work on this. It's starting to feel worse than Subnautica's development team, and that's a huge statement. Haven't been able to play on xbox in weeks because this save issue

saves are working just fine in my xbox, maybe you have to many saves?  I do get the long loading time to see my save list, but that's usually when i have a lot of saves in the list.  They also changed the save storage a few patches back and that requires a game uninstall and reinstall (don't remove the saves), have you tried that yet?  And make sure you fully quit the game when you're done, the xbox quick resume feature seems to have some issues with grounded. 

Xbox One X

Well I installed it back and guess what I lost all of my saves I did in october and only have my september saves. If you dont want to lose your saves do not uninstall the game just wait for an update or something. Now I have to do all that building I did around the rock. I might just be done with this game. This right here just really killed it for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 9:48 AM, McSquirl Nugget said:

saves are working just fine in my xbox, maybe you have to many saves?  I do get the long loading time to see my save list, but that's usually when i have a lot of saves in the list.  They also changed the save storage a few patches back and that requires a game uninstall and reinstall (don't remove the saves), have you tried that yet?  And make sure you fully quit the game when you're done, the xbox quick resume feature seems to have some issues with grounded. 

I believe I mentioned that I can’t delete old saves. I can go through the motions but when I quit and come back they are still there. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled 3x. Each time I lose all progress after day 84. I’m at day 154 now. I’m done. Just done. I’ll prolly come back to this once they finish the full game. 

• Thanks 1

Update. I made a new game on Whoa! difficulty. 3 saves in and it won’t load. Kicks me out to Home Screen. I hadn’t even made a canteen yet. Something is seriously wrong with the save to cloud thing. Ugh

Logged in today and none of my recent saves are showing.  My last save is from Sept. 30.  All the manual saves auto saves and log out saves gone. Only 4 saves in my list.  Time to take a break until the saves are fixed.  I'm tired of having to redo everything I just completed.

• Like 2

Xbox One X

This issue has been found to be due to xbox cloud saves not uploading to the cloud correctly. They thought they had it fixed in patch 3.3 but it didn't help. Hopefully they have this out during this weeks content update patch. Would rather see this patched than see new content to be honest because seems like many of us can't play at all.

• Like 2