Bird Feathers

After chopping up the bird feathers, the lootable item is hard to see. I feel it should he given a more discernible visual. 

Also, its a really big feather to yield only one feather for use. What a tease. 2-3 would feel a little better.

Disagree, they're super easy to find, so taking the best part and only getting 1 piece is fine.  

They drop the little loot bag, like all bugs if your inventory is full,  i don't see a need to change that.  

They need to change the graphics so it's different than busting an acorn shell though.

Xbox One X

I can agree with both ideas here. The animation is silly with acorn shells popping out of it but it is clearly meant to be a place holder for a future refined animation (they already replaced the audio). The loot bag however, I have to say it is occasionally tough to see on the ground as it is tiny and can blend right in. Although easy to find feathers the shear size doesn't make sense for the yield. I will add my 2¢ and say it should only take 2-3 swings instead of 4 to harvest it.

On 10/12/2020 at 10:35 AM, McSquirl Nugget said:

Disagree, they're super easy to find, so taking the best part and only getting 1 piece is fine.  

They drop the little loot bag, like all bugs if your inventory is full,  i don't see a need to change that.  

They need to change the graphics so it's different than busting an acorn shell though.

They can always compensate for the increased yield by making feathers less common. I know I never see a bunch of feathers all over my yard from one bird.

2 hours ago, Gearhart said:

They can always compensate for the increased yield by making feathers less common. I know I never see a bunch of feathers all over my yard from one bird.

I have, but we don't have cats in the game to cause it ;)  reducing feathers and increasing the drops from them could work.

Edited by McSquirl Nugget

Xbox One X

8 hours ago, Gearhart said:

Somehow in my game I get plenty of feathers. I find them more when I'm not looking for them and simply traveling through. They seem to frequent the areas where the crow lands like the bird bath and laser beam thingy. But I have also found them in very random places. 

22 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

I have, but we don't have cats in the game to cause it ;)  reducing feathers and increasing the drops from them could work.

speaking of dead birds, last Wednessday my teacher found a hummingbird by the hedges in the inner courtyard. Well, what was LEFT of a hummingbird, anyway. Only a wing and some bones. I looked in the hedge, but didn't see anything moving in there, so either it was killed by something that didn't live in the hedge, or whatever killed it is very good at camouflage.

Edit: there were webs visible on the top of the hedge, so perhaps a Spider killed it. Maybe they can add a hummingbird corpse by the hedge zone as a source of feathers and bones.

Edited by Gearhart
Addendum
  • Gasp! 1