First, I'd love to see more weed plank builds, such as plank floors (to give it a "hardwood floor" look).  And maybe some plank roof parts for that rustic log cabin look.  And grass floors can go over top of weed floors like carpet. 

Second, what about decomposing parts?  Like with parts for a house?  After all, armor and weapons need repairs, why not parts? After... say... 1 in-game month after building a house part, the grass parts turn yellow and the weed stem parts turn black.  After 2 in-game months, the part automatically destroys itself (decomposed).  But you can repair the pieces before that time.  Or you can make it last longer by using sap sealant. 

Edited by CodeMonkey757
Added some details

4 minutes ago, CodeMonkey757 said:

First, I'd love to see more weed plank builds, such as plank floors (to give it a "hardwood floor" look).  And maybe some plank roof parts for that rustic log cabin look.

100% This would be amazing .... 
I am always in for new building parts .... 

4 minutes ago, CodeMonkey757 said:

Second, what about decomposing parts?  Like with parts for a house?

Oh H E L L NO !!!
I am on Game Day 920+ .... I'm about to hit Game Y E A R  # 3 ... 
I have built an Entire Village .... a Lilliputian Kingdom ....
There is NO WAY I have time to go back and repair all of the 10-12 Structures that I have .... some of which are Quite Large.

2 hours ago, Gnith said:

100% This would be amazing .... 
I am always in for new building parts .... 

Oh H E L L NO !!!
I am on Game Day 920+ .... I'm about to hit Game Y E A R  # 3 ... 
I have built an Entire Village .... a Lilliputian Kingdom ....
There is NO WAY I have time to go back and repair all of the 10-12 Structures that I have .... some of which are Quite Large.

First question..... why did you build it so big?  You only need a couple of buildings, tops.

Second question..... Can I see it?

9 minutes ago, CodeMonkey757 said:

First question..... why did you build it so big?  You only need a couple of buildings, tops.

Second question..... Can I see it?

I can definitely tell you're a programmer ..... 
Game Developers always make open sandbox games where you can build anything .... 
then are confused and sometimes horrified when players don't just build a tiny cute house with a picket fence .... 
We Build The Taj Mahal .... To SCALE !!!

Because YOU built a system that Allowed it !!!

and they ALL ask the same question .... "Why would you do that?"

Also ... if they ever fix the bug so that people can visit my game world again .... 

Then YES, You Too can Vacation in Lilliput !

I wasn't asking why like you're crazy.  I was asking for a reason.   Like does each building have a purpose (one's an armory, one's a kitchen, etc...)? 

Personally, I don't care how big you build it.  Make it cover the whole map if you want.  I was just simply asking.

i actually like the idea of the building parts decomposing, give the game a bit more reality. 

The sap sealant is a great idea, give the buildings an extra month if they're sealed, and a real reason to use the sap collectors.  

An alternative to the sap is the paint can that fell off the porch.  Make it a weatherproofing stain, we can add different items to it to change the color.  That could be a tier 2 type sealant that would give the weed stem walls 6 months, grass planks 3 months.  The grass would get brittle then anway, even sealed, so i think after that 3 month mark it would just need replaced.

Something to do with those pallets of planks and stems around my bases finally :)

Xbox One X

Kind of ..... I like building villages. I have a Forge, a Warehouse/Winery, a Cottage/Lodge, a proper sprawling castle ... a Border Wall 

but yeah .... I am NOT in this to do continuous house maintenance .... 
that's too much of the Wrong parts of real life to be putting in my enjoyment time

Maybe when they add more customizable world settings, building decay can be one of those settings. It would, of course, automatically be disabled in creative mode. That way, players who want more realism can improve their immersion, while players who like to build elaborate structures in survival mode can still do so without worrying about their buildings rotting every 3 days. The grass planks could still yellow over time as an aethetic touch; but it would only impact the structural integrity if you choose to have that enabled.

Other ideas for an aethetic aging effect would be dust building up over time, especially on buildings adjacent to the ground.

• Like 1

What I would love to see is a option for choosing the slope of the triangle walls, so that we can get different sloping roofs, and not talking about a different few sets of triangle walls but having it so that we could for instance scroll the middle mouse button to find the right degree before placing the triangle wall.

I´m pretty sure this would be the first time this kind of thing is implemented in a game.