Dandelions Not Respawning

So im on my xbox one. Started a fresh game after the last patch came out. On day 0 i cut down some dandelions in multiple areas. Some areas i removed stumps and some i did not. Its 15 days 10 hours later and none of them have respawned/regrown. This is broken. Please fix it. Two days max, with the stump.

10 hours ago, steelgod101a said:

So im on my xbox one. Started a fresh game after the last patch came out. On day 0 i cut down some dandelions in multiple areas. Some areas i removed stumps and some i did not. Its 15 days 10 hours later and none of them have respawned/regrown. This is broken. Please fix it. Two days max, with the stump.

The continuous loss of Renewable Resources is quite troubling.
I myself am still on a SaveGame from Launch Day, I'm on Game Day 956.
The Amount of Renewable Resources that I am missing is quite staggering.

When you started your Save, how many times you've Started Over, Which Patch was most recent when you started your Save .... 
None of this seems to matter ... A Large Number of Players are Still Reporting the Continued Loss of Renewable Resources.

This Needs To Be Addressed.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gnith said:

The continuous loss of Renewable Resources is quite troubling.
I myself am still on a SaveGame from Launch Day, I'm on Game Day 956.
The Amount of Renewable Resources that I am missing is quite staggering.

When you started your Save, how many times you've Started Over, Which Patch was most recent when you started your Save .... 
None of this seems to matter ... A Large Number of Players are Still Reporting the Continued Loss of Renewable Resources.

This Needs To Be Addressed.

I agree with this. To the point where it must be time for me to leave a review in the xbox store advising people not to waist thier money until its not just finished but on version 5.5 or more because of all the simple bugs in the game that make it more irritating than fun.

1 hour ago, steelgod101a said:

I agree with this. To the point where it must be time for me to leave a review in the xbox store advising people not to waist thier money until its not just finished but on version 5.5 or more because of all the simple bugs in the game that make it more irritating than fun.

you do realize the game is still in testing?  bugs are to be expected, we're here playing the preview to find and report them.  pretty childish to write a bad review because a game in testing has bugs...

2-3 in game days is the timer on my dandelion and weed stem respawns,  they'll spawn back if you cut the stump down or not, doesn't seem to matter with them. 

Grass is not growing back for me in some areas leaving the stumps.  I'm building a base by the rake handle, there's a small puddle to the west of that, and about 150cm south of the west ant hill, on the edge of the cracked earth area where the stink bugs hang out.  it has a few clovers, some sprigs and a dozen or so blades of grass.  I've cut all the grass there, left most with the stumps, a few stumps cut down to get fiber, and I get no grass regrowth there.

• Like 2

Xbox One X

Thats messed up. No, I wouldnt actualy give it a bad review being this new of a tittle. Just letting off a little steam. This group is actualy working pretty hard to get this game working properly. Once its done Grounded will probably end up being my favorite game.

• Like 1

Ok so the one dandelion i left a stump behind for actually did regrow. Trouble is that it didnt come back until I quit the game shut down the xbox went to bed woke up turned it back on and loaded the game. So since it didnt happen until i reloaded the game theres no way for me to know how many days it takes for them to come back.

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I had my base set up right next to that first analyzer for one thing. Aparrently even that is too close to at least one of those nearby dandelions on top of the hill there. Second I built Trail Markers by all the weeds and dandelions i came accross so i could easily navigate back to them later. That was all a mistake. Having player built anything within a cirtain proximity of the dandelions and or weeds STOPS THE RESPAWN. I started a new game, built my base some where between the first analyzer and the mint case, and used no Trail Markers this time. Takes 3 to 6 days, but all the dandelions are regrowing now and I've been leaving the dandelion stumps just in case. In my previous game the red weed plants that did regrow did so with or without the stumps and were regrowing in around 3 to 4 days, much faster than dandelions do.

In the end what I think they need to add is a radius circle that appears around the blueprint your about to lay that highlights all the plants and everything else within that radius that will be affected by building an object at that location so that players can clearly see how far away they need to be to build things like Trail Markers and other structures and not upset the regrowth of resources in that area.

Edited by steelgod101a

2 hours ago, steelgod101a said:

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I had my base set up right next to that first analyzer for one thing. Aparrently even that is too close to at least one of those nearby dandelions on top of the hill there. Second I built Trail Markers by all the weeds and dandelions i came accross so i could easily navigate back to them later. That was all a mistake. Having player built anything within a cirtain proximity of the dandelions and or weeds STOPS THE RESPAWN. I started a new game, built my base some where between the first analyzer and the mint case, and used no Trail Markers this time. Takes 6 days, but all the dandelions are regrowing now and I've been leaving the dandelion stumps just in case. In my previous game the red weed plants that did regrow did so with or without the stumps and were regrowing in around 3 to 4 days, much faster than dandelions do.

In the end what I think they need to add is a radius circle that appears around the blueprint your about to lay that highlights all the plants and everything else within that radius that will be affected by building an object at that location so that players can clearly see how far away they need to be to build things like Trail Markers and other structures and not upset the regrowth of resources in that area.

Nice catch, i didn't even think about proximity.  I like the idea of a radius like this, would save a lot of frustration.

Xbox One X

21 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

Nice catch, i didn't even think about proximity.  I like the idea of a radius like this, would save a lot of frustration.

It also occurs to me that i've never actually whitnessed a blade of grass, dandelion, or red weed plant regrow in front of the character like I've seen water droplets appear on the dew collector and mushrooms in the mushroom garden. The only times I've noticed the weeds, grass, and dandelions return is when I leave the area and return. So it may very well be that the presents of the character them selves is also stoping the respawn of those resources. 

There was a game on pc i played that had the same issue. The trees would not grow while on screen. The game was Signs Of Life, a little two dimensional game with only two people developing it. About a week after posting the issue the devs put out an update and had the issue fixed.

Edited by steelgod101a

As it turns out its not just player built structures thats halting Dandelion and weed regrowth, but pre built structures as well. Up the main path from first spawn, past the first analyzer, behind the clover patch, next to the mysterious machine there are two Dandelions that when cut down will also never regrow. Obviously this is because of thier proximity to the mysterious machine.

1 hour ago, steelgod101a said:

As it turns out its not just player built structures thats halting Dandelion and weed regrowth, but pre built structures as well. Up the main path from first spawn, past the first analyzer, behind the clover patch, next to the mysterious machine there are two Dandelions that when cut down will also never regrow. Obviously this is because of thier proximity to the mysterious machine.

those are the 2 i was referring to, they grow back for me.

Xbox One X

I reached out to the dev team, and they confirmed that buildings are preventing those resources from respawning. It was to prevent them from growing into your structures. That being said, I'll forward your suggestion of a radius around blueprints for consideration. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cstanick said:

I reached out to the dev team, and they confirmed that buildings are preventing those resources from respawning. It was to prevent them from growing into your structures. That being said, I'll forward your suggestion of a radius around blueprints for consideration. 

Thanks. That would be wonderful. I thought they actually read them forums though, otherwise i would have been posting all this in a message directly to them, if i knew how.

Edited by steelgod101a

• 1 month later...

Glad I found this thread. Just got the game a couple days ago. I thought dandelions not respawning was a bug. Turns out it's because I put a marker and weed plank pallet next to every patch of dandelions I find.

Instead of, or in addition to the radius, maybe allow markers and pallets to be placed next to dandelions without inhibiting their growth? I find it useful to place a pallet near 2+ dandelions so I can cut them all down and put the planks that I can't carry in the pallet so they are easy to find later.

Come to think of it for markers it might be a good rule in general to ignore them from inhibiting growth of anything.