Torches

You've made all the torches go out in water without give use something to replace them. With water in the anthill I can't see to even make my way back out.  Now I'm gonna have to starve to be able to retrieve my stuff. Does that seem right to anyone else.

Edit oh wait you can't starve to death! Guess drowning it is! ☹

Edited by Chad Bodine

22 hours ago, Chad Bodine said:

You've made all the torches go out in water without give use something to replace them. With water in the anthill I can't see to even make my way back out.  Now I'm gonna have to starve to be able to retrieve my stuff. Does that seem right to anyone else.

Edit oh wait you can't starve to death! Guess drowning it is! ☹

Hmmm,  why not grab materials for a new torch then light it again when you get out of the water on your way to get your backpack?

You can starve to death, when your food hits 0 your health slowly drops,  unless that was also changed in the last patch.

Xbox One X

On 10/10/2020 at 12:23 PM, Chad Bodine said:

I can make as many torches as I want out of the water. But you can't see to swim inside ant hill or the water caves.

must be your settings, i can see well enough in the tunnels swimming to find my way around.

Xbox One X

On 10/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, McSquirl Nugget said:

must be your settings, i can see well enough in the tunnels swimming to find my way around.

That gives me an idea; what if the brightness settings were adaptive; adjusting over time to line up with the average lighting of the scene; just like how our eyes adjust to changes in light.

2 hours ago, Gearhart said:

That gives me an idea; what if the brightness settings were adaptive; adjusting over time to line up with the average lighting of the scene; just like how our eyes adjust to changes in light.

I like it.  

Maybe later in the game we'll get night vision,  take the parts of one of the robots we fight to make them, then torches won't matter except for new players/new games while they work up to get the night vision.  

Xbox One X