Permadeath Run with what rules?

HI guys,

I played some PoE II, and I wanna go for yet another run. I will definitly play with the permadeath option. Yet I´d like to make things even more realistic....it´s always kinda unrealistic that one needs to save the world but got time to click every stone if there´s some item´s below. So I´d like to add a maximum number of hours I am allowed to play until the world is doomed. Problem is, I have absolutly no idea how long that should be, and that´s kinda my question. Watching all Videos and reading almost all texts (even so not excessvely), playin on 2nd easiest difficulty, with levelscalling disabled in all directions how many hours playtime would be a challange but not too difficult? And if I´d played for a 2nd time cause I´d died..what would be a challange if u skip almost all of the texts?

Kind regards

Daniel

There is a build-in God challenge for that. It's called the Eothas Challenge.

There's a challenge mode for every god (on top of solo, expert, trial of iron) that adds a certain twist. You can activate as many challenges as you like.

In order to do this you have to click on the little stylized face on the bottom of the game menu (where you can click on new game/load game etc.) before starting a new game. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

In order to do this you have to click on the little stylized face on the bottom of the game menu (where you can click on new game/load game etc.) before starting a new game. 

Whenever this little stylized face thing comes up, I immediately wonder: which percentage of Deadfire players have no idea that these God challenges even exist? I suppose that's hard to know.

That´s awesome guys! I have a question about it though: Does time keep ticking whilst u´r in a dungeon or is it just ticking whilst u´r "travelling"? Because if it´s just ticking whilst travelling one should still turn every stone!

Edited by Tears85
I used a german English phrase

It is ticking whatever you do (except if you pause the game obviously). But of course crawling a dungeon in 2 hours (real time) takes less time than let's say resting for 8 hours or sailing from A to B. 

The Eothas Challenge is pretty tight afaik. So you not only have to try to rest as little as possible, you also have to plan your sailing routes beforehand to a certain extend because travelling around pointlessly will most likely lead to a lost game.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thx at Devs for implementing such a cool feature.....even if it´s too tight, awesome you are thinking about stuff like that!

€: And will tiem not spend on a previous task be added to the time I got for next task?

Edited by Tears85
A question came up whilst playin!