Working on my first Ranger build and I'm noticing something odd about Marked Prey.

Example:
1. I highlight my enemy and it shows 75% chance to hit with my attack
2. I cast marked prey
3. I highlight my enemy again it still shows 75% chance to hit with my attack

Is this just a visual bug? Do I still get the accuracy bonus? Also, does Marked Prey work for ALL attacks (meaning AoE, attacks that bounce, etc.) or just attacks that directly target my enemy?

Assuming this is just a visual bug, to calculate the accuracy correctly, do I just take the displayed percentage and add 10 percentage points to that number? So in my example above, would I have 85% chance of hitting?

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that number. It can't incorporate conditional accuracy bonuses and Marked Prey is one. 

If you want to check what really happens with your accuracy you should execute an attack and then check the combat log. If you hover over an entry like "<char> hit <enemy>..." and hold shift you will see a detailed list of the accuracy bonuses that lead to that attack resolution.

Marked Prey is a rather complex ACC bonus because it only works for you and you animal companion although it's a hostile effect on the enemy. Seems to have been too complicated to show this in that basic accuracy "tooltip" - so I wouldn't even consider it a visual bug but an intentional omission.

Afaik it works for every attack roll you make (on that enemy), no matter if AoE or direct attack. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Oh interesting, thanks for the explanation! Also, I did not know about the "holding shift" thing. I did look at the attack roll without holding shift and it wasn't super clear, but I'll try with holding shift.

On 10/3/2020 at 3:44 PM, Yefo said:

Is this just a visual bug? Do I still get the accuracy bonus? Also, does Marked Prey work for ALL attacks (meaning AoE, attacks that bounce, etc.) or just attacks that directly target my enemy?

any thing that involves an attack roll against the marked enemy for you or your animal companion will get the accuracy bonus. includes spells, bounces, aoes, explosives, scrolls, etc.

fwiw, in some cases you *do* see a higher accuracy number when you hover over a marked enemy, but it is really inconsistent and I don't know what causes it to work sometimes. and yes, you would just add 10 to whatever number you see (numbers higher than 100 still improve your chance to crit).