Saves now listed as Unknown

On 10/3/2020 at 1:52 PM, CrazyCraig321 said:

No matter where you are as of this morning, all saves are listed as unknown.

Has this progressed into anything worse for you? Lost or corrupted saves or anything? Or is it just the unknown thing? I just finally got back through the almost 30 in-game days I lost because of disappearing saves, and now this happened. Im not trying to lose all that again. 

On 10/3/2020 at 12:52 PM, CrazyCraig321 said:

I was having the same issue until I saved Oct 8th at 7:55 pm Central Time.  Then the save location reported Grasslands.  I will try again today and see if it changes.  Saves.png.7f70fd5de57051a649c5a98505ff42ee.png

On 10/3/2020 at 1:52 PM, CrazyCraig321 said:

This is happening to me as of today.  Second time I have seen this happen, first time was back when 3.0 went live, haven't had the problem since, but today , all my multiplayer saves from my last session are all listed as "Unknown".  The game does load , but every save is listed as "Unknown" in this session now for some reason.

This happened after an evening of playing multiplayer with a friend on xbox game pass pc, while they were on an xbox , and I was the guest.  They hosted the game.  

Edited by Michael Skinner

If I had to guess , I would say that from all the posts that I have seen surrounding this particular issue, that it seems to have something to do with when a player enters or interacts with the newly changed Hedge Zone.  I have noticed a large number of people having this issue AFTER they visited the Hedge Zone.  Consequently, this is also the phase of the game at which my saves started to label as "Unknown".  

Anyway, just an observation , thought I would share in case it was helpful to anyone. :)   Cheers!  

35 minutes ago, Michael Skinner said:

If I had to guess , I would say that from all the posts that I have seen surrounding this particular issue, that it seems to have something to do with when a player enters or interacts with the newly changed Hedge Zone.  I have noticed a large number of people having this issue AFTER they visited the Hedge Zone.  Consequently, this is also the phase of the game at which my saves started to label as "Unknown".  

Anyway, just an observation , thought I would share in case it was helpful to anyone. :)   Cheers!  

i think people just noticed it after.  It's been doing this for a few patches.

Xbox One X

I test ran 4 new games, 2 on steam and 2 on xbox game pass for pc and in all 4 instances, the saves started to label as "Unknown" anywhere I saved AFTER visiting the Hedge Zone Lab area and doing the Jungle temple quest.  Can not speak for anyone else , but I can say with confidence that it is in fact happening this way in my multiplayer saves and single player saves for me.

Hello!

This appears to be a bug that when the game doesn't recognize your location, it lists your save as unknown. Unless any of you have been having trouble loading said unknown saves, I'll need to add that to our database for investigation if that is the case. Please let me know if those saves aren't loading. 

Please include the following information: 
1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam). 
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you let us know how many players in total in the game and their platforms if you know this) 
3. Description of issue. 
4. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

On 10/20/2020 at 4:41 PM, cstanick said:

Hello!

This appears to be a bug that when the game doesn't recognize your location, it lists your save as unknown. Unless any of you have been having trouble loading said unknown saves, I'll need to add that to our database for investigation if that is the case. Please let me know if those saves aren't loading. 

2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you let us know how many players in total in the game and their platforms if you know this) 
3. Description of issue. 
4. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

I started seeing this after visiting the Hedge Lab too. 
Xbox One

Single Player (afraid to multiplayer bc of losing save progress and people falling out of the world)

Game will freeze screen momentarily during auto save. Auto saves are not listed. All saves since Hedge Lab are labeled Unknown, no matter where I am. 
Presently, I’m unable to load last save. It locks up and sends me Xbox Home. 

I’ve deleted console saves and allowed the Cloud to sync but it didn’t help. I’m at day 154 and had just finished all my zip lines this morning. I’m not starting over. 

First off, Love the game! can't wait for more content to arrive, and you all are doing a fantastic job!  Just trying to do my part to help out spotting issues, hope this information is helpful to you.

1. PC Gamepass  and Steam PC clients

2. Multiplayer test on both clients (one player)  Single player on both clients

3. After visiting the Hedge Zone and doing the quest for the temple chip, no matter where I saved my game it would save as "Unknown".  This happened in all 4 test games that I ran.  1 Single player and 1 multiplayer game on each client, for a total of 4 games.  Since the last patch this issue is only happening on the Steam PC client that I can see now, the PC Gamepass client does not seem to be having this issue anymore.  When this problem first came up after 3.0 saves on the Gamepass PC client would not load after saving and would often ctd, but since the last patch, 3.3 , the problem on Gamepass PC client seems to be resolved.  The Steam client however still seems to be doing this "Unknown" save thing, but the saves can be loaded normally thus far.  I have not had the Steam client ctd when trying to load any of the affected saves.

4. Last thing done in game was standing in Hedge Zone near the small lab with the analyzer in the hedge nearest the porch of the house.  I saved each game in this location when they started to become labeled as "Unknown" and it persisted with every save after that, no matter where I would be when making the new save.  

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone!

If you haven't already, I recommend submitting a support request to report this bug to the team. The team believes this issue is related to where you are saving the game not being classified as its own zone. Can you please also include the coordinates from where the save was made? You can find those in the Game Preview Debug Menu. 

https://support.obsidian.net/

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Just wanted to report that I also experience the same problem; but specifically I noticed the game saves location became Unknown specifically after I give the SuperChip in the Hedge Lab to Burg.L. While I was traversing the Hedge Lab prior to getting the SuperChip this wasn't happening yet.

• Like 1

I'm having the same issue after grabbing the super chip in the hedge lab. Now all locations are marked as unknown. I've tried a few things and noticed that dying and respawning seems to fix the problem but I haven't died once yet in my save so I'd prefer to find another way to fix the problem. Does anyone have any other solutions other than dying?

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are still running into this issue. Please feel free to submit a support ticket, and we'll look into this issue. 

https://support.obsidian.net/

2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you tell us how many players in total in the game, and their platforms if known)
3. Difficulty level
4. Description of issue.
5. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

Thanks!

Someone please clean this mess up. It does not save the content of my posts after the first section. So the info in 1 single section. Workaround: die near spawn (Main Menu - Give Up), change teen from Death Screen, save game, change back teen if you want to. All future saves will have proper location info.