Politics 20/20

Amentep

https://www.aol.com/donald-trump-fatigued-good-spirits-203747698.html

Trump is indeed in a high risk group and this could be very serious, its not something anyone should think is a form of karma around Trumps general mask rejection because many groups and people in the USA have rejected much more about the virus. I would argue this is an example of a country with  high levels of virus and then people choosing to ignore certain common ways that the virus spreads like " avoiding crowded places and confined places " 

Sadly the USA has had thousands of cases similar to this so this is something we all should be aware of 

I hope Trump is okay 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

I have some other reasons, but this is probably in the top ten for why I'm voting blue this year:

I was about to say that SNL was trash but then I noticed it was Jim Carey so that might be worth watching.

46 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

Failed joke. 

Yeah, Trump has never been poor and the truth is he's just a rich **** who likes gaming the system. I think rather than laughing at Trump for not quite being the bizzness man he plays on TV we should be concerned how such people can do whatever the **** they want with almost zero repercussions.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, Pidesco said:

Failed joke. 

not failed for us.

President being transferred to walter reed.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

10 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

1 in 50 in his age group will go to hospital. of those most will recover.  Fairly decent odds, but not ones you would want to roll that often. 

Hopefully he makes it, and gets a dose of humble in the same go. 

I understand your point but its not  representative of the overall virus impact in USA and  what this means in the event Trump dies

He has a compromised immune system so his odds of not making it are greater. No chance of his humbleness changing, why change when you happy with the results ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

19 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

Hope springs eternal.

Its unlikely Trump will die but we shouldnt think this will be a good thing. I am trying to get my head around certain things but it will change certain realities on the left and right

For example his base will dissipate and that is a typically good voting block to rely on?

John Milton 

2 hours ago, Skarpen said:

I have never and will not ever cheer, endorse or support any fascist in any country. 

The two biggest fascists I can think of right now are Bolsonaro in Brazil and Modi in India.  People like Trump and Orban certainly give a whiff of it but they're clever enough not to go full retard like the others.

I suck at national leaders memory game so there might be others that I've left out.

21 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

The two biggest fascists I can think of right now are Bolsonaro in Brazil and Modi in India.  People like Trump and Orban certainly give a whiff of it but they're clever enough not to go full retard like the others.

I suck at national leaders memory game so there might be others that I've left out.

To be fair to Trump that's wrong. While he sure wouldn't have an issue being instated as Tangerine I, Glorious Orange of the States by some of his PROUD fascist followers that's mostly because it would stroke his ego, not because he's actually interested in the ideology or even a fascist himself. He himself is just Trump.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

2 hours ago, KaineParker said:

I was about to say that SNL was trash but then I noticed it was Jim Carey so that might be worth watching.

I am glad you didn't say SNL is trash because that would be a dumb statement. It swings wildly across the quality spectrum based on the cast and host. The Eddie Murphy episode early this year (last year?) was one of the best ever, but they have also had plenty of duds this season. 

So yeah, get educated son. Also watch Dolemite Is My Name.

Chris Wallace urges people ‘wear the damn mask,’ follow the science on coronavirus

anybody trying to grasp the current alternate reality which were mentioned earlier in the thread, am gonna recommend reading the comments section following the story.  mask wearing advice is hardly news at this point regardless o' the President being hospitalized. nothing new here in the linked article in that sense. what is curious is the reaction o' trump nation, the same folks who thinks trump had a winning debate performance and who believe the white supremacy question were tough/unfair, to a post trump hospitalization plea to put politics aside and don masks where social distancing is impractical.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

3 hours ago, Gromnir said:

not failed for us.

President being transferred to walter reed.

Gromnir I am looking for feedback from you and any others around the nature of violent protests in the USA and how to  respond. This is still a debatable point and came up in the Presidential debate and is seen as real criticism towards the Democrats and how they enforce law and order. Now I have been doing some research around this and I am more than happy for my view to be changed as I would prefer that but I am not seeing any real evidence to convince me. 

The principle of law and order absolutely matters and then the perception of law and order also matters. So if you find cities like Portland which had months of protests or Seattle which had protestors taking over city  blocks and a police station you  can understand how this doesn't create a perception that these cities mayors are doing there jobs and ensuring reasonable protests. 

Quick questions so I am clear as I have never really read concern from most US forum members around this, why would violent protests or anarchy in US cities not concern you? Is it 

1. You dont think this is a real issue, meaning are you disputing the numerous valid reports form many cities ?
  2. You think this is an issue but the states must deal with it and accepting it wont change it 
  3. Other reason?

Then there is another concern. The majority of protests have been about the fact protestors are unhappy about the rulings made around incidents involving the Police  and  a suspect or suspects. So have we now basically decided that  " we will  decide protest and damage property but only when a  court ruling also disagree with us "?

The Breonna  Taylor ruling and its outcome was another example of this. But in Kentucky the protests around the ruling have been much less severe as the police got involved and on day 1 arrested 100 protestors were arrested 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nearly-100-breonna-taylor-protesters-arrested-kentucky-attorney-general-s-n1233848

So the outcome and reason for less violence and anarchy is clear, if the police get involved and arrest people breaking the law the levels of lawlessness are vastly reduced. Do you agree ?

John Milton 

8 hours ago, Gorgon said:

Hope springs eternal.

And is contagious. 

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Why is it, when I read a news article that mentioned Trump had a fever, the first thing that popped into my head was "I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell?"   :-  

I do hope he gets better, tho.  Such weird times, these, all around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

4 hours ago, BruceVC said:

The principle of law and order absolutely matters and then the perception of law and order also matters.

Funny, that's exactly what Lukashenko says too. A kindred spirit of yours?

Sometimes things wont get better until you fix the cause. You can shoot and kill the symptoms, heavy handed too, but the problem will persist until actually addressed.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

27 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Sometimes things wont get better until you fix the cause. You can shoot and kill the symptoms, heavy handed too, but the problem will persist until actually addressed.

Gorthfuscious !!!! I am not sure that is an answer that is part of the solution?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

The Michigan state Supreme Court has stripped the governor of her emergency powers. Of course in my opinion they should’ve done that right from the get go but better late than never.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

US Federal Debt Tops $27T

so which of the two candidates is promising to cut federal spending? That would be neither of them. Someone explain to me how important this election is again. Someone better wake up Honorius the Visigoths are at the wall

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

41 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

😛

(sorry about the language, my editing abilities are atrocious and I couldn't find a "cleaner" version 😑)

Its not an uncommon occurrence in Democracies through out the world for political parties to be brought together in times of crisis or significant other event 

• Like 1

John Milton 

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

US Federal Debt Tops $27T

so which of the two candidates is promising to cut federal spending? That would be neither of them. Someone explain to me how important this election is again. Someone better wake up Honorius the Visigoths are at the wall

As the Visigoths later became the Spanish and the Spanish would later beget the Hispanics, and as a Hispanic I find your reference to Visigoths and walls racist sir.

• Haha 4
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif