Would it kill the DE to implement a map you can use without going into the menu screen? You can die if attacked while in menus as game does not pause like it does when you go into options. Either a radar style or map bubble that actually shows you where your tracked mission is. I am wandering around in circles just trying to find Burgl again. Yes, I have been to the marker and still cannot do anything but die by ants while searching. I am a long time game player (40+yrs) and while his game has a lot of promise, it is incredibly difficult to navigate. Inexperienced players will not stay with this game due to the learning curve being so steep.  If anyone knows of a comprehensive guide please link it.

18 hours ago, Ajglitch1 said:

Would it kill the DE to implement a map you can use without going into the menu screen? You can die if attacked while in menus as game does not pause like it does when you go into options. Either a radar style or map bubble that actually shows you where your tracked mission is. I am wandering around in circles just trying to find Burgl again. Yes, I have been to the marker and still cannot do anything but die by ants while searching. I am a long time game player (40+yrs) and while his game has a lot of promise, it is incredibly difficult to navigate. Inexperienced players will not stay with this game due to the learning curve being so steep.  If anyone knows of a comprehensive guide please link it.

I'd love a minimap. Could be a BURG.L unlock. I don't think the game necessarily needs it, something the devs could more easily implement for now would be if the game didn't mute the sound in the menus. so you could hear if you were getting into combat. I think that's the main issue with having to look in the menus, since you're never sure if something's trying to rip your face off.

I would recommend setting up some trail markers in the meantime, since they can really help you with navigating some areas without even needing to consult the map.

I trail mark my base, all big bug locations like stinkbugs and spiders, and some important areas like the juice boxes, ant hills, etc. This makes navigation a ton easier at least for me. With markers off though I am clueless haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Use trail markers, lots of them. After a while you will get to know the map and be able to orientate just by looking at the oak tree and the house and at that point you can straight up remove trail markers and only leave the essential ones.

However, a radar that detects enemies or heat would be a nice burgl RS reward.