2 hours ago, Effero said:

How can an update be released when  attempting to build anything causes game to crash? I don’t see how a major component of the game is overlooked in testing. Poor project management? I understand this is free from XBOX Pass, but this is a basic elementary requirement in the Dev world. Don’t release until fully tested. 

As a free pre-release game, it's my understanding we are all part of the testing process. Finding these issues, some small, some major has been fun. Despite some of the headaches it's caused, I totally understand this is all part of the dev process for a pre-release game. Considering the size of the dev team and what they've released so far, I feel their project management has been phenomenal. 

• Like 1

This game is exceptionally awesome! Testing it out is a wonderful experience.  To be a helping hand in the dev process is a honor, considering how much I'm in love with this game. Hiccups are to be expected but in the end our voices are being heard and the turn around on the issues are actually quite quick. Keep up the great work.

1 hour ago, aireek said:

As a free pre-release game, it's my understanding we are all part of the testing process. Finding these issues, some small, some major has been fun. Despite some of the headaches it's caused, I totally understand this is all part of the dev process for a pre-release game. Considering the size of the dev team and what they've released so far, I feel their project management has been phenomenal. 

it's not free :)  but you're right otherwise,  well said.

Xbox One X

I know you all are working as fast as you can. But I was wondering if you will release the hotfix as soon as it is done or wait till Thursday to do it? This seems to be the norm. This way people can plan a little better and maybe not get so upset. Some people are trying to come up with scheduled streaming times for there viewers and it helps the views if the have a schedule.

8 hours ago, aireek said:

As a free pre-release game, it's my understanding we are all part of the testing process. Finding these issues, some small, some major has been fun. Despite some of the headaches it's caused, I totally understand this is all part of the dev process for a pre-release game. Considering the size of the dev team and what they've released so far, I feel their project management has been phenomenal.cle

8 hours ago, aireek said: You clearly lack development experience or work for the team. Releasing an update with MAJOR issues is a rookie mistake. I love Grounded and glad to report things to make the game better. This can’t be done when you aren’t able to start the game or have the ability to do a major function of the game i.e. building. Sugar coat it all you want, but there is no excuse for this. 
8 hours ago, aireek said:
Edited by Effero

On 10/5/2020 at 5:50 PM, aireek said:

Appears to be related to the number of structures built in your world. Playing on an Xbox One X in single player. I started a new world and had no issues crafting objects. However in my previously saved world (I have a TON of structures), the game would instantly crash upon selecting any item to craft. However with existing incomplete blueprints, I'm still able to complete the build. The only issue with those is that when I place the last item, the game freezes for +/- 5 seconds. The same thing occurs when I recycle an item. The game freezes for roughly 5 seconds before the object disappears. In both cases, the game unfreezes and I can play again. The delay for completing/recycling an object  existed prior to 0.3.0 and seemed to get progressively longer as I crafted more items. Before 0.3.0 the delay was getting long enough the game was almost unplayable. Now with the build/crash bug, all I can do is collect resources. 

Also, auto save seems to be working sporadically so I manually save every few mins now.  Manually saving a games takes 5-10 seconds which leads me to wonder if the auto-save feature is simply timing out.

The only insects with odd AI I've observed so far after 0.3.0 are aphids. Now they'll simply jump in place and never run away. All other insects appear to behave normally.

Hi,

So will destroying structures fix the delay when building/recycling on Xbox 1 X?

On 10/8/2020 at 7:24 AM, VAD121 said:

Hi,

So will destroying structures fix the delay when building/recycling on Xbox 1 X?

couldn't say, i don't get a delay building or recycling on the One X.

Xbox One X

Thanks, everyone, for reporting these issues! The building crash was one of our top priorities, and the team is working hard to resolve the other issues you have reported. 

We've created a Grounded Issue Tracker and a Feature Board to keep players informed on bugs and upcoming features. Please bear with us while we work to keep the issues updated with the most recent information.