Hi, I'm running the new update through Xbox game pass . 

The console locks up when constructing Base components . e.g Walls or Floors . happens in Creative and Game mode

The system will eventually kick me out returning to the Xbox home screen 

other crafting items work fine 

• Thanks 1

Where to begin?

Insect a.i is mostly destroyed, Ive seen every insect now just stand there, doing NOTHING. I can walk up and literally punch 2 wolf spiders to death.. While they just stand there beside eachother and die. Lady bugs, stink bugs etc etc the same exact thing.

DO NOT BUILD, Building ANY base type blue prints will insta crash the game. In single player,multi and creative. Lean-to, spinning wheel, work bench etc are ok.

Juice boxes wont spawn droplets.

I was treated to the above only after I fought the game for 2 hours, do to the game constantly trying to load and sync to the cloud saves.. I made the incredibly stupid idea ( apparently ) to delete my save files and start anew. Well after the first game crash I re launched the game just to find my save files had re appeared. Deleted again and after crash same thing happened. So I deleted my save files from the dashboard this time, and cleared system cash, yeah the game did not like that at all.. After attempting to cancel the sync and attempting to mash A to get to the next screen I had to cancel again 20 times till I finally got to the next. After shutting the game down for a couple hours and resetting my xbox (hard reset hold for 30 then unplug) the game hates me even more. Now it is just trying to sync perpetually, AND my old files are back again this time saying unknown save file and my new saves will not load. 

Sorry for the lack of structure everyone, its 245 am and i'm truly tired atm. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am also having problems on Xbox. Any time I try to craft something for my base the game freezes and I have to quit out. Insect AI also seems to be broken with insects just standing around not doing anything.

Im able to play the game how its(almost) suppose to be played. The only issue, for me atleast, is when every i try and place down a blueprint for any type of base construction, wall, door, floor, scaffolding, etc., the game crashes. Ruins my whole building experience with this game and thats the main one i been wanting to enjoy. 

From what i saw playing last night, also on the xbox one x using my save file from before this patch -

7 hours ago, Rooks Nemesis said:

Insect a.i is mostly destroyed, Ive seen every insect now just stand there, doing NOTHING. I can walk up and literally punch 2 wolf spiders to death.. While they just stand there beside eachother and die. Lady bugs, stink bugs etc etc the same exact thing.

Kill them, when they respawn they're back to normal.  In my game it's not all bugs, just a few here and there.  All the mites around the oak branch were stuck, but around the rake rock they were fine, 1 wolf spider was stuck in the bottom of the oak tree, the other one there was roaming like normal, even killed me.

7 hours ago, Rooks Nemesis said:

DO NOT BUILD, Building ANY base type blue prints will insta crash the game. In single player,multi and creative. Lean-to, spinning wheel, work bench etc are ok.

Building works fine for me.   I finished building my outpost base just outside the hedge maze, right by the trowel, no issues placing and building scaffolding, stem walls, floor panels, stairs, sprig fences, doors, and roof panels.  Food items worked fine, dew collector, jerky rack, water container.  Chests are okay, spinning wheel worked fine to build and use.

8 hours ago, Rooks Nemesis said:

that was changed this patch, if there's an existing drop in the map the boxes won't drop any more.  Check around the juice box, see if that drop has rolled off somewhere. 

Also you can put the water container under the straw so it catches the drop,  it will fill up the container and then have 1 drop outside it now, and then you can just use the container to fill your canteen, just make sure to find that one drop in the map so it will continue to fill your container.

Xbox One X

Phone won't let me edit my previous post.  

I was able to finish the construction of my outpost last night, but now playing during my lunch break, I can't place any building blueprint, game locks up and you have kill it.

Xbox One X

Yeah i played about 5-6 hours yesterday, on my xBox One, and everything was great, almost completed the whole Hedge Lab and received some new equipment / tools, new mutations, and completed a few other odd tasks i had been working on.

then i decided to build a foundation for a new base. the game froze and crashed.

once it can back up i can only load games that show none of the above as being done, so all the work done yesterday, including clearing out the Hedge Lab, is gone. 

i haven't gone into the game today to see if any patch has been added, but will in a few hours.

other than that, the zip line is very fun and the game itself is still my favorite!

5 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

From what i saw playing last night, also on the xbox one x using my save file from before this patch -

Kill them, when they respawn they're back to normal.  In my game it's not all bugs, just a few here and there.  All the mites around the oak branch were stuck, but around the rake rock they were fine, 1 wolf spider was stuck in the bottom of the oak tree, the other one there was roaming like normal, even killed me.

Building works fine for me.   I finished building my outpost base just outside the hedge maze, right by the trowel, no issues placing and building scaffolding, stem walls, floor panels, stairs, sprig fences, doors, and roof panels.  Food items worked fine, dew collector, jerky rack, water container.  Chests are okay, spinning wheel worked fine to build and use.

that was changed this patch, if there's an existing drop in the map the boxes won't drop any more.  Check around the juice box, see if that drop has rolled off somewhere. 

Also you can put the water container under the straw so it catches the drop,  it will fill up the container and then have 1 drop outside it now, and then you can just use the container to fill your canteen, just make sure to find that one drop in the map so it will continue to fill your container.

that's brilliant about the water container under the straw! thanks...

13 hours ago, Rooks Nemesis said:

Where to begin?

I was treated to the above only after I fought the game for 2 hours, do to the game constantly trying to load and sync to the cloud saves.. I made the incredibly stupid idea ( apparently ) to delete my save files and start anew. Well after the first game crash I re launched the game just to find my save files had re appeared. Deleted again and after crash same thing happened. So I deleted my save files from the dashboard this time, and cleared system cash, yeah the game did not like that at all.. After attempting to cancel the sync and attempting to mash A to get to the next screen I had to cancel again 20 times till I finally got to the next. After shutting the game down for a couple hours and resetting my xbox (hard reset hold for 30 then unplug) the game hates me even more. Now it is just trying to sync perpetually, AND my old files are back again this time saying unknown save file and my new saves will not load. 

Sorry for the lack of structure everyone, its 245 am and i'm truly tired atm. 

The same deal here.

also note, this happens in new games.  I saw the Trello board post about it freezing due to amount of structures in the game, so i made a new game with no structures, and i can't place anything from the building menu in that new game either.  My xbox froze and stayed frozen, i waited 15 minutes for it to unfreeze in the new game (the time it takes my controller to power off from inactivity) and it never unfroze so i could play.

Xbox One X

hopefully we'll have a hotfix next week.  building is my favorite part of the game.  It'll get boring very quickly just running around killing bugs.  Although i guess i could make a chest for each bug and fill it up for future use 😟  Should take too long since most are frozen in place.

Edited by McSquirl Nugget

Xbox One X

There's an intended hot fix for this issue. It's also affecting pc players as well. No known time frame as to when the hot fix is coming but hopefully soon enough. It can be discouraging but we need patience as the team works around the clock to get this done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YaBoyJenkins said:

Since the new update came out, every time I try to build something, the game freezes and crashes. I've been playing on Xbox 1, on a multiplayer world. I don't know why it's doing this. 

This is a known issue that is top priority and the dev team will have a hot fix soon. 

The liquids containers holding falling droplets is something I was all ready aware of, This is different. There is the first droplets from the source juice box, after collection and 15 days later none of the boxes have dropped droplets period, nor has my containers filled at all. I have 5 containers under the juice box at hedges. Its part of my hedge outpost. 

As for the critters a.i fixing itself, yes and no. Sometimes they will act accordingly, id say 70% of the time tho they are frozen in place. And lmfao go check out the ant hill, there was 65+ ants all just sitting in the tunnels doing absolutely nothing. Even hitting them, stealing eggs.. It doesn't matter. The ants outside half work right.. When they are not getting stuck on nothing.

OH, has anyone tried harvesting the "new" spider webs? I used to get anywhere from 5 to 9 per web, now just 1 each. I went to each real spider den in game and collected 30 webs. Came out with exactly 30 web fibers. The values seem really off to me, OR they are pushing for spider encounters to really farm for them. Which to me seems very counter intuitive for people who cannot fight. You need those web fibers to essential level up every decent tier. A good chunk of the fanbase will get stuck at that bottleneck. 

4 minutes ago, RazielDERF said:

There's an intended hot fix for this issue. It's also affecting pc players as well. No known time frame as to when the hot fix is coming but hopefully soon enough. It can be discouraging but we need patience as the team works around the clock to get this done. 

It may seem like I am po'd, But I completely understand that this is bound to happen. I consider it growing pains lol. You play through enough early access games, you see this happen usually on a MUCH bigger scale. Subnautica and the long dark come to mind. What makes this very different is, they acknowledged there is an issue and they voiced they are working on fixing it immediately. That right there all ready earns them good faith points in my opinion. As I said ive seen developers just go radio silent before sometimes for weeks leaving their player base stranded.