Tier Three and Four

Tier three- human scrap. We already kind of have an idea of what will be tier three tools and weapons, as we have already seen the mint mallet (the marksman's cap doesn't count as the armor tiers is more broad and random.) The mint mallet is made out of old mint chunks. It is also made out of high level nature items. This could be the same for all the other tools and weapons. For example, a charcoal hammer. It would be made out of (you guessed it) charcoal pieces and a paper stalk (more on that later.) You could then use the charcoal hammer to break glass. It could be used for arrows, a spear, and an axe. All these tools' handles would paper stalks. These would be made out of paper bits (which you could maybe find in the shed and would cut up with a tier two axe.) You would use two of these and one copper fiber to make one paper stalk. You would find copper wire inside broken plastic wire and would be able to cut it. You could then soften it in a forge/ oven, thus making it copper fiber. I don't know what the bow would be made out of (most likely some bendy human garbage; maybe a wire bow?) The dagger would be made out of some venomous thing from a bug somewhat harder than the wolf spider. The armor would be a mix of random scrap and rare items (maybe we could see more items that could be broken apart- like m&ms and popcorn.)

Tier four- small animals/ big bugs. Things like hummingbirds, scorpions, roaches, katydids, lizards, daddy long- legs, and centipedes would be cool. You would have to be more creative about the way you kill these creatures, as you could not fight them straight on. For example: You could arm an old mouse trap to kill a mouse. You would weaken a roach with roach poison, then kill it. You could cut off pieces of a centipede. You could smash a daddy long leg's legs in, then hit its body and head. You could then use a daddy long leg to make a spear. You could use roach parts to make a tanky armor. Hummingbird parts could be used to make an armor that gives attack stamina, and could also be used for a bow. A scorpion stinger could be used for a tier four dagger. 

These are what I believe should be the next tiers. This post is less coherent and more rambly, as I just wrote what came to me. Let me know if these are what you think the next tiers should be!

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps some of the Tier IV resources (the tiers use roman numerals) could also be acquired through corpses in the hedge. Last wednessday my professor found what was left of a hummingbird next to a hedge in the inner courtyard; only a wing and an unidentifyable mass of bone and feathers remained.

Another thing that Tier IV creatures would introduce would be a food chain; as we start getting into predators that would prey on larger arthropods than us. An example of this is the Wheel Bug a commonly distributed True Bug about the size of your thumb (males are smaller though) that prey on beetles and smaller true bugs by pinning them with their front legs and using their straw-like mouth to liquify their insides and suck them up. Due to the its size and method of eating its prey, it wouldn't be capable of eating us, but would instead go after spiders, ladybugs, bombardier beetles, and stinkbugs.

Of course, not all examples of the food chain are as strictly fixed; Hummingbirds, for instance, eat flying insects mid-flight and raid spider webs to snack on the spider and any insects caught in the web. However, like the unfortunate one my professor found, they can also fall prey to orb weavers themselves if they aren't careful.

This food chain system could permit more scavenger-like tactics, as orb weavers and some tier IV creatures would leave behind the corpses of their prey when done; we wouldn't get any food out of these corpses, but we would be able to get other resources from them. Of course, where there is the possibility of scavenging, there will be ants. Perhaps there would be another ant colony in the hedge zone that we would have to compete with for resources. This would also make the hedge floor safer from spiders, as the ants would deter them.

On 10/15/2020 at 8:47 AM, Gearhart said:

Perhaps some of the Tier IV resources (the tiers use roman numerals) could also be acquired through corpses in the hedge. Last wednessday my professor found what was left of a hummingbird next to a hedge in the inner courtyard; only a wing and an unidentifyable mass of bone and feathers remained.

Another thing that Tier IV creatures would introduce would be a food chain; as we start getting into predators that would prey on larger arthropods than us. An example of this is the Wheel Bug a commonly distributed True Bug about the size of your thumb (males are smaller though) that prey on beetles and smaller true bugs by pinning them with their front legs and using their straw-like mouth to liquify their insides and suck them up. Due to the its size and method of eating its prey, it wouldn't be capable of eating us, but would instead go after spiders, ladybugs, bombardier beetles, and stinkbugs.

Of course, not all examples of the food chain are as strictly fixed; Hummingbirds, for instance, eat flying insects mid-flight and raid spider webs to snack on the spider and any insects caught in the web. However, like the unfortunate one my professor found, they can also fall prey to orb weavers themselves if they aren't careful.

This food chain system could permit more scavenger-like tactics, as orb weavers and some tier IV creatures would leave behind the corpses of their prey when done; we wouldn't get any food out of these corpses, but we would be able to get other resources from them. Of course, where there is the possibility of scavenging, there will be ants. Perhaps there would be another ant colony in the hedge zone that we would have to compete with for resources. This would also make the hedge floor safer from spiders, as the ants would deter them.

I like the idea of scavenging. I think that would be a cool way to get resources from things like hummingbirds and mice (for mice, arming a mouse trap and killing them that way; for hummingbirds, leading them into a web, like you said, or something similar.)

17 hours ago, YaBoyJenkins said:

I like the idea of scavenging. I think that would be a cool way to get resources from things like hummingbirds and mice (for mice, arming a mouse trap and killing them that way; for hummingbirds, leading them into a web, like you said, or something similar.)

I mean, technically speaking, the definition of scavenging is looting whatever you can find. If you make the corpse yourself, it isn't really scavenging. Still, I also like the idea of luring tough fights into traps.

Something that occurred to me when you mentioned human scrap stuff for tier 3 is that someone made model ideas for other candy weaponry on deviantart. I'm not sure whether they made it before or after the mint mallet was added, but I do know there's currently a dev resource called "steel gum" in the game, which is used to make a sword they currently lacks a model.

What about using wrappers for armor?

12 minutes ago, Gearhart said:

What about using wrappers for armor?

Now that's an idea I could get behind. Wrapper armor could look really cool (I would imagine it would look like an astronaut suit or knight armor.) I also thought that it would be cool if there was a flower bed full of roses that we could cut off thorns off of (you could use thorns for a spear.) 

24 minutes ago, YaBoyJenkins said:

Now that's an idea I could get behind. Wrapper armor could look really cool (I would imagine it would look like an astronaut suit or knight armor.) I also thought that it would be cool if there was a flower bed full of roses that we could cut off thorns off of (you could use thorns for a spear.) 

we have roses and thorns in the game already, roses are to the east of the Oak tree along the pond.

Not sure on wrapper armor, ever see ants go after a candy bar?  they rip through the wrapper quite easily.  I think it would be cool if we could use the pop cans around the yard, make that into tier 4 armor and weapons/tools like discussed above with a forge.

Xbox One X

27 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

we have roses and thorns in the game already, roses are to the east of the Oak tree along the pond.

Not sure on wrapper armor, ever see ants go after a candy bar?  they rip through the wrapper quite easily.  I think it would be cool if we could use the pop cans around the yard, make that into tier 4 armor and weapons/tools like discussed above with a forge.

I meant like in the actual flowerbed, there would be real roses that we could take thorns out of. And no, we don't already have thorns, we have thistles.