What you've done today - One Life to Live

Amentep

From what I remember it's a full pounds difference in weight. I guess it'd be the ruger with wood furniture. Still you can use the savings in price to shave off more weight on an AR15.

I'd not deny that a piston operated rifle is easier to clean than the AR15 though

Then again, you could make the Ruger look like the AC 556 and everyone knows that A-Team cosplay is priceless. 😄

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Our "retirement" possibilities have really opened up the past few years, far beyond what we ever expected. I still can't quite wrap my head around it and largely ignore it, outside of slowly becoming one of Amazon's best customers.  And is it changing us in some way that might be a little negative? I'm not sure.

Maybe in 5 or so years we'll get bored and go trotting around the globe like a gleeful senior citizen version of some exotic travel YouTuber's. Except, that sounds rather tiring. :mellow:   Turtling and consumer-ing it is, then. For the moment.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Going in the hospital for an overnight stay on Tuesday. Ugh. For the past few months I've been having this problem that I've tried to ignore. It starts with tingling in my fingers and progressed to numbness in my hand, then later my whole arm. Finally it got to the point I could not ignore it.  So I saw my doctor and then a neurologist. Turns out I have scar tissue putting pressure on my radial nerve in my arm. I was in a pretty nasty car accident over 11 years ago. One of the injuries was a compound fracture on that same arm. Which ended up with a couple of pins in it. Now scar tissue inside causing problems. I was acrually relieved. When the doctor said I needed a nerologist the mind conjures up terrible possibilities. The truth was not THAT bad. 

But a overnight stay in the COVID factory? Ugh. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

9 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

They just going in to clean it up?

Pretty much. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

Pretty much.

I wish you a speedy recovery :)

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Going in the hospital for an overnight stay on Tuesday. Ugh. For the past few months I've been having this problem that I've tried to ignore. It starts with tingling in my fingers and progressed to numbness in my hand, then later my whole arm. Finally it got to the point I could not ignore it.  So I saw my doctor and then a neurologist. Turns out I have scar tissue putting pressure on my radial nerve in my arm. I was in a pretty nasty car accident over 11 years ago. One of the injuries was a compound fracture on that same arm. Which ended up with a couple of pins in it. Now scar tissue inside causing problems. I was acrually relieved. When the doctor said I needed a nerologist the mind conjures up terrible possibilities. The truth was not THAT bad. 

But a overnight stay in the COVID factory? Ugh. 

Scar tissue cutting off a nerve is much better news than pretty much anything else it could've been! Hope your local hospital is treating the pandemic seriously...

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

My covid test came back negative, so my boss can rest assured that my sneezing is infact because of the cold weather. Other than the nice experience of a temperature drop and rain, nothing going on except for trying to find something to eat besides whiskey.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

5 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Pretty much. 

All the best mate 🍀

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Indeed, speedy recovery GD.

Still trying to determine if I should take up the invitation for a free COVID-19 test next Saturday. On the one hand, it would be nice to know. On the other hand the actual chance that I'm sick is very close to zero and going outside just increases it. I'm pretty good as self-isolation. :p

I mean, going outside to the testing facility will put me into contact with at least ten times more people than I've actually interacted with in the past month (and that is counting the optician I went to to order new glasses).

On the other hand that would mean seeing the sun again after so long... hmm.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

This weekend we went to a small town 45 minutes outside Cpt for lunch at a gastro-farm called Rozendal Farm

It was beautiful and picturesque and the lunch selection was delicious. They offered something unusual from normal dining choices where normally 

• You can order from a menu  with a  choice of a variety of starters, mains and deserts
  • You can feast from a tasting menu, 5-10 smaller dishes that demonstrate the Chefs creativity and skill
  • A buffet where you can eat as much as you want from a variety of dishes

This restaurant presented you with 3 or more set menu dishes for your starter and main so even though it was "semi" set menu everything was absolutely scrumptious and looked amazing. One of the mains was a beef and goat ragu :thumbsup:

20201115_141019.jpg

20201128_122612.jpg

20201128_153820.jpg

20201128_155640.jpg

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh, great. This morning I learned that my best friend's cat died yesterday evening and I noticed that my toilet was full of peeled off plaster. Looks like the neighbor's drain pipe is leaky. Well, time to call the landlord before anything more serious happens and I get a load of literal crap dumped in my flat.

What a monday...

Waiting for a doctor's appointment in my car. Have had bad back pain for a few weeks since I tumbled off the yard tractor at work and I want a doctor's certificate to prove that I am unwell and not skipping work for

1. Cyberpunk 2077 

2. Not wanting to sit in the gatehouse next week.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Thanks 2

Back home now, met with the doctor. Got the papers to prove it.

Doctor was fun; "Wow, you're tall!" "Ofcourse that would've hurt, you're really tall!" "Well, you're quite tall, so about two metres then?"

I believe it's quite official, she deemed me very tall. So I'm tall. I just hope that's not what she writes in the papers 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone's in love with their doctor. Or the other way around. ❤️

Well this day's getting worse all the time. One of the dogs of my sister-in-law also died. Looks like 2020 is gearing up to be really annoying on a personal level on its way out. FU 2020. FU.

On a more bright side I've decided on a Christmas present for my wife:

184575_6777_3.jpg

• Hmmm 1

22 minutes ago, majestic said:

Someone's in love with their doctor. Or the other way around. ❤️

Well this day's getting worse all the time. One of the dogs of my sister-in-law also died. Looks like 2020 is gearing up to be really annoying on a personal level on its way out. FU 2020. FU.

On a more bright side I've decided on a Christmas present for my wife:

Hahaha! She was really attractive, but I doubt she was much more than 25, shes doing her internship. Besides, I'm pretty sure she cooled right down once she told me to take my shirt of and realized I had **** bigger than hers 😉

Those earrings are awesome!

But yeah, **** 2020.

Screenshot%2525202020-11-16%252520at%252

• Like 1

Need to pick Christmas gifts and fast.  Was thinking of getting my sister a Dyson heater/cooling fan, but apparently they are not good quality. 

• Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Need to pick Christmas gifts and fast.  Was thinking of getting my sister a Dyson heater/cooling fan, but apparently they are not good quality. 

Buy one made in China then if it fails you blame the Chinese and globalization? And you can always bring in the dependable and ubiquitous  " its because of Capitalism" ....but at least you will be covered if a gift is deemed " not good quality " ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hope all goes well with your hospital trip, GD.

Azdeus ... *converts meters* ... oh, so around the height of my brother - perfectly normal then.  :shifty:  It is funny how some people react to tall people. Similar to "short" reactions in a way I guess. Most males and some of the females in my family/extended are/were either close to six feet or over six.  So despite my own smurf height, to me anyone much under six feet looks a little on the "short" side.  :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

Hope all goes well with your hospital trip, GD.

Azdeus ... *converts meters* ... oh, so around the height of my brother - perfectly normal then.  :shifty:  It is funny how some people react to tall people. Similar to "short" reactions in a way I guess. Most males and some of the females in my family/extended are/were either close to six feet or over six.  So despite my own smurf height, to me anyone much under six feet looks a little on the "short" side.  :lol:

I'm 193cms tall according to the police, or 6 Feet, 3.9843inches. :p I might be off, I don't have my ID nearby to check, and I'm not particularly keen on getting out of bed to fetch it 😅 I'll be honest, generally speaking when I walk about town, I don't really feel tall, there are plenty of people my height. I'm tiny compared to how tall my grandpop was though.

My mother is on the short side though, so I guess I got a bit used to a "wide" span of heights. It's funny though, if you were to line up the males on my fathers side I would be exactly average height. 😄

7 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Wife called me a Grinch because my commitment to keeping the Santa myth going for my son stops at lies of omission instead of outright lies.

When I was a kid, my mom outright told me it was fake when I asked her. So I guess you can tell her that the Grinch is greener on the other side when you get exiled to the Whoville waste dump.

And I legit did not know you had a kid, seems my obsidianstalking.txt needs updating.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands