What you've done today - One Life to Live

Amentep

"In 2077, the storm of world war had come again. In two brief hours, most of the planet was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of nuclear devastation, a new civilization would struggle to arise."

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

^ Last few/several posts - I'm lost.  Unless ... Cyberpunk, that game everyone in the world but me seems to be waiting for? Is that it?  😛

...Still feeling bleh. 
...I bought new super-long (top of thigh) leg warmers. 10 pairs. They're thick, cozy, don't fall down and keep me warm while still letting me not to have to wear pants. And they're black, so it matches my kitty pillow when I snuggle it on the couch.  I feel better now.
...maybe I need to visit the humane society just to look at cute kitties.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

36 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

^ Last few/several posts - I'm lost.  Unless ... Cyberpunk, that game everyone in the world but me seems to be waiting for? Is that it?  😛

...Still feeling bleh. 
...I bought new super-long (top of thigh) leg warmers. 10 pairs. They're thick, cozy, don't fall down and keep me warm while still letting me not to have to wear pants. And they're black, so it matches my kitty pillow when I snuggle it on the couch.  I feel better now.
...maybe I need to visit the humane society just to look at cute kitties.

"Two days later" LadyC; ... I may or may not have bought a litter of kitties

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

cd9.jpg

Damn, and you managed to kill it. With nuclear fire even.

Nice 👌

Edited by Azdeus
  • Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

38 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

"War.  War never changes."

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

3 hours ago, Azdeus said:

"Two days later" LadyC; ... I may or may not have bought a litter of kitties

I have no idea what you're talking about.   :-

3 hours ago, Amentep said:

"War.  War never changes."

Well, I know that one.  But why is everyone quoting stuff from that now? 
Then again, nvm, I'm just perpetually lost these days.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

16 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

15 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

10/23/2077. Never forget!

😆

Is why ;)

Edited by Azdeus
  • Haha 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

30 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.   :-

You will laugh when you get it

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

^ Reference to Outer Worlds release? Otherwise, I'm still lost.  😛

...I wonder if I'd like golden-year-ing in Texas ... "one of the highest property tax states."  ... never mind.

Fallout, LC.

Today, was ok, completed 5 of 6 objectives.  Still have time for the last one, but am lazy. Hoping me changing the WAP from being powered off router may help the weird instability it has had.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Cut firewood today. Made bean soup in the crockpot. Now drinking coffee and relaxing in the cool air on the back porch. In two hours Game 4 of the WS comes on. Go Rays!

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Recently install latest Gimp graphic editor to check it again? Using a 1440 or higher monitor and all the program menu UI text is so tiny (like 3 mm tall at most) you'd need to press your nose against the monitor to read it because Gimp is apparently not "DPI aware" or some such?  Then do this:

--Open Notepad.  Paste the following:

style "win32-font" {
  font_name = "tahoma 14"
}
class "*" style "win32-font"

--Save file named .gtkrc-2.0 in folder C:\Users\<User Name>   (yes the period in front of gtkrc is needed)
--Restart Gimp

Note:  While saving (Step 3), change the 'Save As Type: ' from Text Document (*.txt) to All Files(*.*).

...took me a while to find that solution. Otherwise I'd have uninstalled it again.  :mellow:
Gimp's improved every time I've looked (last time was likely several years ago...). I think it's finally become something I'll have perm-installed for when my old faithful Paint Shop Pro 9 can't handle something. Options are good.

*google, zillow, google, zillow*

"Oh! Hubby, look at this one!"
"Did you find one you like? Did you send check already?"
"Pffft, hush."  😛

We took a break after the last retirement property situation didn't work out (sold again/didn't like the areas after all). Gotta get off our butts again. Looks like some trips to Oregon is in order.  I already checked - there's fiber net in up there in enough places. That's important, ofc.   :thumbsup:

Someday we will find that 1/4-1/2 acre lot, outer-suburbia retirement house we want.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 11:36 PM, LadyCrimson said:

Recently install latest Gimp graphic editor to check it again? Using a 1440 or higher monitor and all the program menu UI text is so tiny (like 3 mm tall at most) you'd need to press your nose against the monitor to read it because Gimp is apparently not "DPI aware" or some such?  Then do this:

...took me a while to find that solution. Otherwise I'd have uninstalled it again.  :mellow:
Gimp's improved every time I've looked (last time was likely several years ago...). I think it's finally become something I'll have perm-installed for when my old faithful Paint Shop Pro 9 can't handle something. Options are good.

Check out Photopea: it's a shockingly competent and free Photoshop knockoff (and even has some features that Photoshop doesn't have, as well as support for some newer filetypes that Photoshop has refused to support, like the increasingly popular .webp). My only complaint is that there's no desktop version, and it has to be run through the browser...but even with that caveat, it's a better alternative to Photoshop than anything else I've tried so far.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I ordered the seeds for next years garden. No more farmers market so I’m only planting for me . So 3/4 of an acre. 
Sweet Corn

Kentucky Blue Pole Beans

Lima Beans

Butternut Squash

Summer Squash

Vidalia Onions

Strawberries

Green Peas

Its more diversity over a smaller plot than I usually do. But this time I’m keeping all of it. Canned or frozen.

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

5 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Needs more watermelon. :p  I know it cant be canned or frozen but its just so delicious. 

Yeah, we generally only get watermelon over Xmas and its very popular...and those seeds can grow anywhere

But you do get watermelon ice-cream made with fresh watermelon which is delicious 🍨

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

watermelon may be frozen but texture will change drastic. suggestion: puree melon (remove all seeds) and then freeze in ice cube trays. throw the frozen cubes/balls o' watermelon in a ziploc bag and store in the freezer almost indefinite.

watermelon rind is underutilized and may be pickled and/or preserved. deep-fried watermelon rind is also surprising tasty, but we would not recommend trying to deep fry watermelon rind which has been previous frozen.

HA! Good Fun!

ps (edit) forgot to mention seed removal... though one assumes such would be self-evident. bad to assume. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I love watermelon. And it’s so easy to grow. Probably one of the easiest plants to take care of. Only problem with them is they don’t keep well. You can’t freeze it and you can’t dry it. You have to eat them right away. Usually I grow quite a bit of them in the spring for cash crops. You can sell small to medium watermelons at the farmers market for two dollars apiece. The larger ones for as much as five. 
unfortunately our farmers market has closed along with the flea market. I keep expecting another one will open but it hasn’t happened yet.

• Sad 1

Thomas Sowell

Watermelon rind is also good for deer. They love it. Sometimes I would leave a little piles of it around. Between the deer and the wild hogs it would all get gobbled up quickly

Fried watermelon is extremely good. It’s also good on the grill braised with a honey and water mixture

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

Thomas Sowell

In the late summer I used to plant pumpkins for the same reason. Two years ago I ended up harvesting over 200 pumpkins and sold everyone of them on the first day.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I harvested about a pound of hops this year from my hop vines, but I have no way to dry them, and all the brewing equipment is in storage, so they will simply be decorative for the time being. Still, it was nice to see them getting more productive. Next year maybe I will have a plan in place to use them.

• Like 2