Your last meals\final request

BruceVC

Sup All

Without sounding morbid  the pandemic has changed many things for the world and despite the important advancements mankind has made we are still globally impacted by things that none of us can control....like Covid

The pandemic has reminded me of the brevity of life and how sometimes we take things for granted like going to a  bar and restaurant, freedom of movement and spending with family and friends and the significance of relationships 

If you had one day left on this world what would be your favorite 5  " last meals " ....its hard because most of us love our food and there is so much food I enjoy but I have made the list below 

1. A good Sunday roast, Pork or Beef and all the relevant side dishes like Yorkshire Pudding or roast potatoes with gravy 
  2. Pork Spare Ribs
  3. A full  English breakfast 
  4. Pizza ...yeah, good old Pizza...you cant go wrong
  5. Cheese Fondue 

What would be your 5 favorite " last meals " 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This sounds almost Biblical "Last Supper" type of stuff.

Whilst I don't think Covid-19 is "End of Days" worthy material (We are far more likely to die in a nuclear devastation if the radical right get there way), I'd say my last meal would be chunking on a human torso because once consumerism is gone everyone would turn into savage carnivorous flesh eating zombies.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

This sounds almost Biblical "Last Supper" type of stuff.

Whilst I don't think Covid-19 is "End of Days" worthy material (We are far more likely to die in a nuclear devastation if the radical right get there way), I'd say my last meal would be chunking on a human torso because once consumerism is gone everyone would turn into savage carnivorous flesh eating zombies.

You right, Im not suggesting Covid is the end of mankind at all. Once the vaccine is out our lives will definitely start returning to normal and I cant wait 

But dont you have favorite meals you love and would want to eat if hypothetically you had 5 days left on the earth?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

27 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Hmm, in no particular order:

Alaskan king crab

Steak. Something I havent had like high end wagyu.

Baby back ribs

Sushi

Chocolate

Good  choices, I do love shellfish like Crab and Lobster but I had limited choices

I also haven't eaten that very expensive steak like Wagyu.....it is super expensive in SA 

John Milton 

12 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

I want a do over! I think Id switch out sushi for fried chicken. Oooooh, or wings and drumettes. I cant decide. :aiee:

I might just concur, hot Chicken wings with a Roquefort\Blue Cheese sauce ...oh  yeah. I will drop pizza for wings 

You are allowed to change your selection because this is final 5 meals 🍕

So no need to be too concerned with healthy meals but sushi is delicious

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

well if it’s my last meal, and I’m not going to die until I get it, then I’ll take two scrambled dodo eggs and a dinosaur steak please. I’ll wait.

in all seriousness I’d like an appaetizer of steamed stone crabs. For dinner a grilled yellow fin tuna raw in the middle, conch fritters, salad with orange vinaigrette dressing in big slice of Keylime pie for dessert. Oh and a pitcher of margaritas would be nice. Maybe I have to go but I shouldn’t have to go sober

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

As much as I love food, if I knew I had one day left to live, I don't think mealtime would be top priority on my list of personal time wasters.

I'd probably just have some jerky and fave candy/energy bars/fruit etc. on hand, and demand that my hubby spend his entire day cuddled up in bed with me. Either that or go to the beach or woods, build a campfire and watch the sunset.  I dunno, eating would be the last thing on my mind.  :lol:

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

As much as I love food, if I knew I had one day left to live, I don't think mealtime would be top priority on my list of personal time wasters.

I'd probably just have some jerky and fave candy/energy bars/fruit etc. on hand, and demand that my hubby spend his entire day cuddled up in bed with me. Either that or go to the beach or woods, build a campfire and watch the sunset.  I dunno, eating would be the last thing on my mind.  :lol:

Firstly thats  very honest, candid, emotional  and loving things to say  about your marriage,  please tell your husband how lucky I think he is to be married to you  8)

However I realize my original objective of this post has been misunderstood and thats my fault for how I framed the first post. This was supposed to be  a good news post where you post your 5 favorite meals but in order to really think and post  " well what are my 5 favorite meals  "  its harder than many people think especially when we are surrounded by such great food and variety ...look just how Gfted1 and myself changed our minds in the beginning

So these types of questions normally  get framed with an emphasis that allows our minds to focus on that  thing to get the " best 5 " meals instead of procrastinating which is easy to do 

So in other words, this is not about the final days or end of the world scenario that you are thinking about .....its about your 5 best meals 

I hope this makes sense and Im sorry for the confusion.....you not suppose to take it so literally but I am glad you did because now I can clarify what I was asking :)

• Like 1

John Milton 

35 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

well if it’s my last meal, and I’m not going to die until I get it, then I’ll take two scrambled dodo eggs and a dinosaur steak please. I’ll wait.

in all seriousness I’d like an appaetizer of steamed stone crabs. For dinner a grilled yellow fin tuna raw in the middle, conch fritters, salad with orange vinaigrette dressing in big slice of Keylime pie fo r dessert. Oh and a pitcher of margaritas would be nice. Maybe I have to go but I shouldn’t have to go sober

:grin: " dodo eggs " .....thats clever 

Your meals  are very GD, nice one. Very  tasty choices I must say.....so you clearly would prefer seafood to meat, much healthier ?

John Milton 

1 minute ago, BruceVC said:

:grin: " dodo eggs " .....thats clever 

Your meals  are very GD, nice one. Very  tasty choices I must say.....so you clearly would prefer seafood to meat, much healthier ?

Just taste better. Plus I live a hell of a long way from the ocean. Good seafood is hard to come by. Back when I lived in South Florida it was easy and common place to get. I miss that 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The hearts of my enemies. If I'm going, they are all too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Just taste better. Plus I live a hell of a long way from the ocean. Good seafood is hard to come by. Back when I lived in South Florida it was easy and common place to get. I miss that 

I must tell you whenever you mention stories of heading off to Cold Creek or getting away from society  and camping with the dogs I am always envious....you sometimes mention you cook fish you have caught....it seems like a such a sense of freedom and connecting with nature. Do you know  I have never been fishing in my life....its sad and unusual because many people in my family fish a lot but no one in my direct family 

So I have this  possibly naïve vision of fishing and being one with nature where its .....good fun? Relaxing I imagine 

But I love the idea of catching and eating my own fish 8) Just to add I have friends who have offered to take me fishing and I must take  them up on the offer 

John Milton 

9 minutes ago, Malcador said:

The hearts of my enemies. If I'm going, they are all too.

Malc I am a little disappointed you are not sharing traditional Caribbean food or maybe some Caribbean dishes as " Best 5  ",  I understand you cant assume someone from a region enjoys the local cuisine but I always enjoy learning about other peoples food interests because for me its part of understanding other peoples culture and or interests 

But I understand if you prefer not to go into detail 8)

John Milton 

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Malc I am a little disappointed you are not sharing traditional Caribbean food or maybe some Caribbean dishes as " Best 5  ",  I understand you cant assume someone from a region enjoys the local cuisine but I always enjoy learning about other peoples food interests because for me its part of understanding other peoples culture and or interests 

But I understand if you prefer not to go into detail 8)

Well, if it's what I would like for dinner, that's different. But if I'm going to die, my last act should be suitably out of spite.  

Maybe macaroni pie would be nice.  But then again, every authentic Trinidadian dish I seem to eat is nuked with pepper :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 minutes ago, Skazz said:

Is that a thing?

EDIT: I googled it. It's a thing. Looks delicious, too.

Yep, is a thing in Scotland and Trinidad alone as far as I am aware. 

• Like 1

@BruceVC  I think I might have couched it in terms more akin to:  "You're an astronaut and going to spend the next 6 months stuck in space orbit with terrible food. What delicious meals would you pick to eat the day before going up?"   :lol:

Anyway, even with that in mind I'm not sure what I'd pick. I find as I get older that while there are those meals/foods I will order over and over, if I really start thinking about ultimate fave meal/s I come up blank.  I'm not enough of a gourmet or variety eater.  As long as my taste buds are happy, I'd be happy.

• Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I know I would have spam eggs and rice with a side of french fries (from real potatos not the frozen stuff)

Last drink would be a glass of Bowmore 15.

Edit: Would Eva Green count? Cause I would love to eat her out.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

6 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

@BruceVC  I think I might have couched it in terms more akin to:  "You're an astronaut and going to spend the next 6 months stuck in space orbit with terrible food. What delicious meals would you pick to eat the day before going up?"   :lol:

Anyway, even with that in mind I'm not sure what I'd pick. I find as I get older that while there are those meals/foods I will order over and over, if I really start thinking about ultimate fave meal/s I come up blank.  I'm not enough of a gourmet or variety eater.  As long as my taste buds are happy, I'd be happy.

You right, that would have been  a much better way of getting the same feedback 

:thumbsup:

John Milton 

Keep the food, bring on the Gautier Cognac (1762) and some nice company.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein