Resources not respawning properly in Grounded.

45 minutes ago, Reece Roberts said:

I have been playing the game since day one and been loving it but I have never seen the mints respawn since I first harvested them. There are a few others I've noticed like certain weed stems, clay and food doesn't appear in some spots.

My #1 Request ...
a Settings Menu Option to Reset ALL (or by type) Renewable Resources.
So that Grass, and Stem, and Clay, and other Harvestable parts of the Backyard that are no longer properly re-spawning in your game ...
can be Toggled Back ON, without starting a new Save Game.
This is My Dream.

• Haha 1

Well if your looking for more mints in the mint container, thats a mistake. They will respawn very, very slowly but not in the container. They respawn in the bottom of the western ant hill, well 1 will be in there. Go to 5:30 in the video here to see what I mean 

10 hours ago, RooDaaR said:

Well if your looking for more mints in the mint container, thats a mistake. They will respawn very, very slowly but not in the container. They respawn in the bottom of the western ant hill, well 1 will be in there. Go to 5:30 in the video here to see what I mean 

I estimate that I've lost about 1/3 of the original Clay Deposits ....
and WELL over half of the original Husky Weeds that no longer respawn in my game ... 

What they ought to do is use the sleep mechanic as a reset switch; all creatures get deleted and respawn, plants regrow or grow bigger, loose dandelion tufts on dirt grow into new dandelions, etc.

Perhaps they could also make stage models for grass and weeds regrowing from stumps and/or growing from the ground.

4 hours ago, RooDaaR said:

yeah all of my western clay deposits and any that were under water are gone, but every 4 days i can still harverst over 150 clay from the ones that do respawn. and i have many husky weeds in the eastern flower beds that stopped growing

I was able to get my weeds back when I chopped up the stumps as well. After waiting a few in-game days they came back. Now I have more wood than I can handle. 

Keep on mind there will be a new update coming Wednesday where they'll be several fixes. Also many new items introduced to the game as well. 

10 hours ago, RooDaaR said:

I'm on the public test server, so many of those fixes have happened already for me and still have lots and lots of weed not regrowing. And cutting it to the mud makes them gone forever for me, a change coming to the whole game with the update

If you haven't already, you should put this in the PTS forum so it gets the proper views from Obsidian.

Only thing in the game i don't have respawning now (i'm not in the public test btw) is clay.  everything else is respawning fine.  🤞the patch tomorrow fixes clay.

Xbox One X

• 2 years later...

If its candy nodes:

No mint nodes were respawning as nodes you simply bust (NOT the ones you dig up in the Sandpit) for me....

SPOILER ALERT::: Location examples are: 1) Trash Heap in Mint Container 2) Trash Heap Next to Lunch Box neat Black Ant Entrance 2) Plant Pot in Upper East Yard 2) Nearby to 2 near base of Stump Roots 2) Upper East Yard high up on Wall

As SOON as I broke some full nodes of Cha Cha (not the ones you have to dig up) in the Trash Heap then the Mint nodes in the Upper East Yard started spawning again (after 2 weeks of game time)...

So my theory is there is a maximum pool of candy on the map (lets say 8 chunks). If you never break any of these chunks then no more chunks of ANY flavour will spawn which means if youre farming chunks of ONE flavour only then you will have to break candies of other flavours to repopulate the pool if that makes sense....probably another way of Obsidian  controlling farming methods

Edited by dazza61
  • Like 1