Sunflowers !

I think Sunflowers would be a great resource.

They would provide large edible seeds, and enormous flower petals ....
they grow like wild weeds .... 
Small Sunflowers could be harvested as an alternate Husky Weed .....  (maybe even in a different color !)
and Large Sunflowers would be Impervious to cutting ... and provide petals and seeds.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gnith said:

I think Sunflowers would be a great resource.

They would provide large edible seeds, and enormous flower petals ....
they grow like wild weeds .... 
Small Sunflowers could be harvested as an alternate Husky Weed .....  (maybe even in a different color !)
and Large Sunflowers would be Impervious to cutting ... and provide petals and seeds.

6 hours ago, YaBoyJenkins said:

This would be cool. Maybe the sunflower seeds would drop randomly, and you could break them apart with a hammer.

OMG! I love it! I bet some of the insects would love them too, additionally sunflowers would make the yard even prettier (it already is) and potentially provide building material. I would love to craft some pretty sun umbrellas, hammocks, and lawn chairs/recliners, or a pretty yellow sunflower rooftop.

1 hour ago, MoniTheMelone said:

OMG! I love it! I bet some of the insects would love them too, additionally sunflowers would make the yard even prettier (it already is) and potentially provide building material. I would love to craft some pretty sun umbrellas, hammocks, and lawn chairs/recliners, or a pretty yellow sunflower rooftop.

Yeah ... Petal Shingle Roofs was one of the other things I suggested, back when I suggested the Pebble Foundation
as basically a re-color of building components already in the game ... I'm still holding out for those Koi Scale Roof Shingles too !!

7 hours ago, YaBoyJenkins said:

This would be cool. Maybe the sunflower seeds would drop randomly, and you could break them apart with a hammer.

when sunflowers get full with seeds they get really heavy and droop

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gnith said:

Yeah ... Petal Shingle Roofs was one of the other things I suggested, back when I suggested the Pebble Foundation
as basically a re-color of building components already in the game ... I'm still holding out for those Koi Scale Roof Shingles too !!

when sunflowers get full with seeds they get really heavy and droop

I love the idea of Koi Scale Roof. What if the different building materials has different properties... I mentioned in an earlier comment that birch bark for example is water proofing, this could be great for buildings around the sprinkler area. Maybe the Koi could have reflective properties and deter or attract certain insects maybe even for some sort of trap or protection. 

• Like 1