Wolf Spiders Stuck in Oak Tree

There have always been two Wolf spiders living in the base of the Oak tree.  Since the launch of the test , they have both been oddly absent from the tree.  I thought perhaps I just wasn't catching them in there, but it was consistent through the test.  

Found out today why they are missing from the tree, Apparently they are stuck IN the tree.  There is another Wolf spider that lives under a leaf right of the entrance to oak lab and when you are up in his spot you can hear the other Wolf spiders arrgo you and see parts of their legs protruding from the base of the tree.   Could not get a clear picture of them since they move so fast.  But they are in there, generally there is a Lady Bug or two stuck in there as well , with a slew of aphids and weevils.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That could be my problem too because I thought its because I built something over their home.  I have not seen many bugs on the liver server as well nor ladybugs.  However, on PTS I see many bugs and the wolf spider jumped out of nowhere when I was hitting a web sac.

• Thanks 1

I have a wolf spider stuck like in the roof/wall innside the cave in the oak tree 😂 I'm terrified of spiders, so I like that it can't hurt me.  I named him Bob for now.
But in general, most insects seem more or less broken. Not caring when I walk past, not attacking when i attack them, or just run away after i hit them once. And they are appearing in the most bizarre places at times. Like ants on top of grass and stuff

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Skinner said:

There have always been two Wolf spiders living in the base of the Oak tree.  Since the launch of the test , they have both been oddly absent from the tree.  I thought perhaps I just wasn't catching them in there, but it was consistent through the test.  

Found out today why they are missing from the tree, Apparently they are stuck IN the tree.  There is another Wolf spider that lives under a leaf right of the entrance to oak lab and when you are up in his spot you can hear the other Wolf spiders arrgo you and see parts of their legs protruding from the base of the tree.   Could not get a clear picture of them since they move so fast.  But they are in there, generally there is a Lady Bug or two stuck in there as well , with a slew of aphids and weevils.  

Right i was wondering i haven't seen a wolf spider in a long time. Everytime i go inside the tree i can hear spiders but nothing is in there. I just thought my save file is bugged or something because i know that normally there are 1-2 wolf spiders in that tree

• Thanks 1

I was in the area north of the tropica punch where the ants, ladybug, and occasional weevil roam, and noticed bugs were getting stuck a lot. There was and ant stranded on the rock by the twig; an ant on a blade of grass, an ant on a blade of dry grass. I tried cutting the dried grass, but the ant remained suspended mid-air.

I also found a ladybug stuck on top of the ice cap mint container.

Basically arthropods keep spawning in locations with little space to move and no way down.

On a more positive note, I noticed that the ant legs use animation sliders to adjust to uneven terrain, so all that's missing for arthropod climbing is the navigation AI.

• Thanks 1

with ladybugs, i've seen one get stuck on the mint container,  it charged an aphid and glitched on a piece of grass then walked off the grass onto the container.  I'm thinking that's how they get in other weird spots.  Ants could be from lunging at weevils maybe.

• Thanks 1

Xbox One X

this also happened in my run (game ver 0.2) he stuck just above the tunnel ceiling and now he just came inside in 0.3 (new run) test hahaha 
pretty sure they need to fix the model collision or spawn point

pic below

Spoiler

20200927105104_1.thumb.jpg.bfc85f87df51c2c1fbf061d45b11639b.jpg

Edited by azum1
  • Gasp! 1