Which game are you looking forward to?

Dr DC Fate

I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077,  Empire of SIn and maybe Diablo 4. Should go look around to see if any new city builder games are in the works.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

15 hours ago, Orogun01 said:

....You speak Japanese?

Nope, but both have confirmed english translation. Yakuza 7 already in november IIRC.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm looking forward to all the crowd funded projects that I have backed, plus a lot of Japanese games.

Backed: Solasta: Crown of the Magister, SKALD: Against the Priory, Mechajammer, Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes...

Non-backed: Yakuza: Like A Dragon, Persona 5: Scramble and Trails of Cold Steel IV (PC), Nier Remake, Bravely Default 2, Brigandine (PC)...

• Like 3

I was going to say "nothing," but then I looked up some lists and ...

...when did these two happen.  I'll probably buy the Evil Genius one when on/near when it releases (Steam page only says "2021") just to check it out. 

Stronghold Warlords I'm more iffy about (maps again look small vs. 3d structures and I didn't like SH2 or SH3 all that much) but I might check it out too. Maybe it'll at least be a bit better than SH3.  Dunno if it'll have a sandbox mode tho.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Cyberpunk like everyone else. On a tier below that, BG3. Looking far forward, Avowed and Star Citizen (completely unironically I swear). More speculatively, Saints Row 5?

And as a basic remake, the upcoming complete release of the Overcooked series in one package with the first game in the second game's engine. That interests me more than any other launch title for either of the new consoles. 😛

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Stray looks nice. The Demon's Souls remake also looks promising. Prodeus is another title that might deliver. Then there is the Nier remake which I mistook for a new game. Psychonauts 2 is shaping up to be a faithful sequel. 

Cyberpunk 2077 and Avowed also tickle my fancy a bit.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Cyberpunk 2077.

I don't see anything else on the horizon that has really peaked my curiosity.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

16 hours ago, Dr DC Fate said:

I am also super interested in Watchdogs Legion and also if the character switching works as good as it does in the gameplay trailer 

I've never played the Watchdog games. Would you recommend them? 

So many games I am looking forward to but from " most aniticapted " 

• BG3, Vampire, Dragon Age 4 , Dying Light 2  and Cyberpunk
  • Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, StupidSeal said:

They have their ups and downs.

The first one has a protagonist who is a pretty much a total *****, so that can affect your mileage on it. The "hacking" aspects provide some interesting environmental factors, and it was a quirky feature that you could potentially have friends join in your game to act as opposing hackers and run certain missions opposite you, but that was much more of a gimmick then something that held truly solid.

Apart from that it was a pretty standard open world run around and make money, increase skills, be slightly crazy and unravel corporate conspiracy around advanced technology and the nature of privacy / security and the growth of the internet.

Watch Dogs 2 was a lot better all the way around, but again, it can depend on how your mileage may vary for that sort of open-world action-adventure gameplay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

8 hours ago, StupidSeal said:

I really would as the story is awesome and the hacking people and seeing stuff about them is cool but one point sometimes the combat is annoying as its not really geared towards combat. I would actually recommend the first one more than the second as better story but the second one has better combat and soundtrack 

I used to be an adventurer like you.Then i took an arrow in the knee

I feel nothing for BG3 but couriosity. Besides utterly gross and dark opening movie, I never felt for BG as much as NWN series. They would have my money if they went with cheerful style DOS series have, but choosing to go dark, I only wish them luck.

Realms Beyond - I could get on board. Wrath of the Righteous I backed, but so far its been too dark...

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, IndiraLightfoot said:

Avowed, Baldur's Gate 3, Humankind, Realms Beyond, next Elder Scrolls, Vampire the Masquerade, and Diablo 4.

Oh yes I forgot any Elder Scrolls game 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 1 year later...
On 9/25/2020 at 9:35 AM, Malcador said:

I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077,  Empire of SIn and maybe Diablo 4. Should go look around to see if any new city builder games are in the works.

This list is quite funny in hindsight...

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

This list is quite funny in hindsight...

Was just thinking the same thing and I wasn't even looking forward to most of these games...

On a side note, been a while since @IndiraLightfoot posted anything. Hope things are going ok.

• Thanks 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed it well enough, enough so that I've decided to re-visit it a little over half a year after my last playthrough. I was looking forward to it less because I see the CDPR label as an assured sign of quality (even once you get past the bugs the game still has some gameplay balancing issues, many of them glaring) and more because I go gaga over anything set in a cyberpunk setting, so my character zipping all over Night City like Priss Asagiri and beating up people with cyborg arms under neon lights made it worth the price of admission. 

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

@Sarex

Indira has been quiet but he is one of the  numerous people, since I became active in 2010, who use to post relatively frequently on these forums but has now vanished. But thats generally the nature Internet  forums and  members, its strange to me that people who post for years on a forum leave without saying goodbye or explaining they moving on. Its not a big deal if people move on  I just like to know why. But at least Im still here so its not all bad news 🥳 ( and dont worry Sarex if I do leave Obsidian I will make a proper farewell post saying goodbye )

But what a great thread to raise  " what are we looking forward to " and 2022 is going to be a big year for gaming. My list includes

• BG3 full release
  • Cyb 2077 at a level to be played without too many issues or things left out
  • Dying Light 2
  • Elex 2, cant wait for this one 
  • Dragon Age 4, not sure if it will make 2022
  • Elden Ring

Oh yes 2022 bodes well for gaming :thumbsup:

• Like 1

John Milton