{Answered: Thanks!} COMBAT LOGGING MOD? Need recommendation please.

I wasn't even going to mod at all...   but...  trying to debug my AI scripts with this J.V. combat log... it feels like I'm being punished for enjoying the game too much.

I mean, it doesn't help that I'm debugging a Lifegiver script in a duo with a Herald tanking for her.  The pollen patch/exalted endurance/ancient memory spam must be seen to be believed. Auto-pause can only do so much haha.

With the in-game log, I'm just not seeing any meaningful filter options besides per character. I'm not seeing any way to export to file so I can handle it that way. When I hit shift for additional info the pop-ups are stepping all over each other so it feels like trying to read a foreign language while trippin' on acid. NO BUENO! Please let me know if I am wrong, and the combat log doesn't suck, Otherwise, I'm not here to complain as much as just join the Mod-Squad and be done with this psychological torture session lol. So...

Can anyone recommend a mod that will help me analyze what's going on in combat? Please tell me that's a thing that exists!

I'm not trying to be too picky, but if it could export a log to a file, and maybe even let me filter by more than character, that be frikkin' sweet! And if you got a link?  - me luv you long time :) 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Virtual_Swayy

After looking around, I found this Combat Log Exporter 

It's pretty straightforward, and can write to a file. This will be about a zillion times better than using the in-game one and having to read the unfiltered, or barely filtered, lightspeed spam wall in real-time (with pause) before it evaporates.

This is the only one I found, so If anyone knows of any other combat logging tools, and/or combat analysis tools (damage meters, etc.), I love to look at those as well.

Edited by Virtual_Swayy

The following seems to indicate that the log can be exported to a file. Isn't this what you want?

"The Combat Log Exporter can be configured through the file config.ini file - the options you can change are:

• Where to save the combat logs (the default value is ..\Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\CombatLogs\)
  • Whether auto-pauses should be included in the combat log (by default it is off)
  • Whether there are any keywords that should be excluded
  • Whether the more information tooltip should  also be logged (by default it is off)"
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wih said:

...seems to indicate that the log can be exported to a file. Isn't this what you want?

"The Combat Log Exporter...

Hehe, yea.

I linked that Mod in this post right above yours :) 

5 hours ago, Virtual_Swayy said:

After looking around, I found this Combat Log Exporter 

It's pretty straightforward...

Seriously though, I still appreciate it. Thanks!

It's pretty straightforward, but writing to a file will be about a zillion times better than using the in-game one

I thought you were saying that the said Combat Log Exporter cannot output the logs to a file. Maybe I misunderstood something.

• Like 1