Veg Patch

Have a veg patch. Can use the mushroom grower thats in the game, you would use it like a chest/ armour stand by opening it and adding a mushroom / seed that you find around the world. Then after a set time it grows the item that can be harvested.  Could put berrys parts in it and grow little enable berries. This would also work with other enable plants/ flowers that  added to the game

• Thanks 1

Hi friends,

I like your suggestions. I find that right now the mushroom garden 1. grows the mushrooms too quickly 2. I would like to see variety too. We can already harvest blueberries so why not be able to get some seeds from them. But then what plants besides the tiny mushrooms would grow small enough to where it would still make sense to grow in a small planter box like the one we have right now?

What about having a plant that you could have grow up on your building's facade? I think there are veg and fruit that like to hook onto things ti grow vertically. 

But aren't the devs working on a planter? I wonder if there will be more food variety added in there...

Kindy,

Moni

7 minutes ago, MoniTheMelone said:

What about having a plant that you could have grow up on your building's facade? I think there are veg and fruit that like to hook onto things ti grow vertically. 

Grapes and olives grow on vines,  but they'd be bigger than the small berries we get now.  I'd love to have some kinda vine to grow on our bases, that would look cool, give us a way to climb up maybe, so we could grow them on other things as well.

Any veg we'd get would have to be shrunken by the scientist for us to use, there's no fruit or veg now that's small enough that i know of.

Edited by McSquirl Nugget
added to vines

Xbox One X

1 minute ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

Grapes and olives grow on vines,  but they'd be bigger than the small berries we get now.  I'd love to have some kinda vine to grow on our bases, that would look cool, give us a way to climb up maybe, so we could grow them on other things as well.

Any veg we'd get would have to be shrunken by the scientist for us to use, there's no fruit or veg now that's small enough that i know of.

ooh, I like the climbing up idea. niiice. 

Yeah, I could not come up with any fruit or veg either. The only thought I had was peas, as they grow in do you call it a "husk"? and you could break that open and then get your peas. Would make for some plant protein and micronutrients.

Oh, I just had another thought, what if the family dropped nuts and raisins here and there and we would scavenge it out like the apple core etc.

Kindly,

Moni

• Like 1

I like the idea of mint, i think any hurbs would work really as you just harveste the leaf/ plant in your garden anyway. Also you can use dandelions as there in the game and people use then for drinks and herbel stuff. Think the size of the fruit/ ved wouldn't be a problem as when you actually grow them they all start really small anyway and im sure with the advanced tect thats in the game the size wouldn't be an issue like mentioned before.

Another idea would be instead of growing 4 items you could grow one larger item like a mini apple tree, can get the seed from a discarded apple core, then can have mini apples!. This could be used with other fruits.

1 hour ago, James Pickles said:

Also you can use dandelions as there in the game and people use then for drinks and herbel stuff

those are the 'fresh' dandelions so to speak, the ones in the game have all gone to seed.  but that's an idea.  we'd need a way to dig up the roots, as that's the most beneficial part for tea.  roast the roots to golden brown then soak and strain them, supposed to help your liver and other stuff, if the rumors are true.

1 hour ago, James Pickles said:

Think the size of the fruit/ ved wouldn't be a problem as when you actually grow them they all start really small anyway

I had the same thought, but most aren't edible then.  they'd need to be shrunken like us i think.

• Like 1

Xbox One X

2 hours ago, James Pickles said:

Another idea would be instead of growing 4 items you could grow one larger item like a mini apple tree, can get the seed from a discarded apple core, then can have mini apples!. This could be used with other fruits.

More on this, could have the apples so they regenerate all health. They would also grow on the tree maybe one a day or two, this would stop then being op. Also could maybe have only one seed in the apple core that when harvested the core disappeared for good so you only get one sed/ tree per game world, this would also help with being op.