Chest and other interactable object become invisible for other players

Hello,

After some hours of playing with a friend, we figured out some issues with blueprints and buildable objects that moves their location for the other client (not the host).

I know you are aware of this bug, as it seems to be listed on the bug list. Here is some explanation of this bug if you need them :

Each time we put a buildable object or blueprint onto a platform (clay foundation or grass floor), and the players goes away from the building then goes back, these buildable objects/blueprints moves to another location for the other player (not the host). We tried with 4-5 storage baskets and when going back, the other player see them like in a 20-30 cm range, all stacked in the almost same location. Can't say from what this new location is dependant. Seems to be like pos 0,0 of the first foundation or grass floor we put.

Please note that doesn't occur with clay foundations, grass floors, walls, doors themselves. Only for buildable objects that we put ontop of them, like storage baskets, dew collectors, mushroom farm etc.

When the other player logout and login again in the game, the items are moved to their correct location. Then when we goes far away and come back, the bug appears again.

We played on PC.

Regards.

• Like 1

I'm playing multiplayer with my brother. He is hosting the game and does not seem to have the issue I'm having.

Every time I leave our base, travel a fair distance, and come back, all of the containers (chests, palettes, baskets, jerky racks, everything) turn completely invisible and become inaccessible until I log out and rejoin.

Non-container furniture will sometimes be affected too, or be relocated to a different spot in the base (generally all in a pile). I can't reproduce the item piling at will, but the disappearance of containers after leaving the base happens 100% of the time, without fail. I have literally never not had this bug happen upon returning from an outing. It's very frustrating to have to relog every time I come home, further compounded by my hotpouch bar not saving after I log out. Every time I log in, it's reset to the defaults and I have to reorganize it.

I'm playing on the Xbox Game Pass PC version, and like I said, my brother (who is hosting the game) has had no issues that even remotely resemble mine.

Great game, loving it so far. I'm sure you guys will fix this bug in time, and it will be even better!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

known issue, posted just above yours :)  and in the known issue threads.

I've gone over the known issues thread three or four times and still don't see my specific issue listed at all. Not sure what you're talking about. My hotpouch resetting is listed, and the furniture piling that I've experienced a few times can be explained by the desync that is also listed, but those are not the focus.

Is the furniture turning invisible also a desync issue? It happens every single time I return to base. The furniture has not moved. It's just gone completely.

Edited by Odeezel

19 hours ago, Odeezel said:

He is hosting the game and does not seem to have the issue I'm having.

Every time I leave our base, travel a fair distance, and come back, all of the containers (chests, palettes, baskets, jerky racks, everything) turn completely invisible and become inaccessible until I log out and rejoin.

Non-container furniture will sometimes be affected too, or be relocated to a different spot in the base (generally all in a pile).

this is what i was referring to.  sounds just like the issues posted in other threads and in the known bugs thread.  Host doesn't see, only people joining do.

haven't heard of one in a pile yet though,  from what i've read so far they're move a few blocks (like floor panels) away.

When you play are you exiting the game fully or just shutting down the console and starting it up again to start where you left off?  if that's the case i'm guessing it's that hot start feature.  try fully exiting the game then start it again.   maybe even start a new game and see if it's related to your save files.

i do that full exit every time i play on (xbox one x) and i have nowhere near the issues people are reporting.  

Xbox One X

Yeah this is a known issue and been reported as well.  I think its a desync issue.  When I host, my friends claim that the chest have teleported somewhere else.

UPDATE - The funny thing is even though the chest teleported you can still access it if you know where it was.  Its invisible so this is a visual glitch.

Edited by tecknotot
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I posted this before with a crash bug when placing objects thought it may have been part of it. 

The crash is gone now but Chest and other interactable objects cant be seen after playing for minute or so for guest players only. Sometimes its all  interactable objects and other times its just one or two just here and there. killing your self lets you see them again sometimes, but they go away again after a little while. if you can find the object you can still use them so they are invisible.

it happens to me and when I join my friends game and happens to them when they join my game.

I looked on this forum and trello. I don't  see this bug as known by  devs yet .

1 hour ago, RazielDERF said:

This is a known issue with the de-sync of the games assets during multi-player. This is currently being investigated and likely fixed in the near future. 

wasn't sure if this was  the same cause you can still use theses objects ,but with de sync when you try to build  or use them you cant.

• Add Multi quote

3 hours ago, Monkeybiscuits said:

wasn't sure if this was  the same cause you can still use theses objects ,but with de sync when you try to build  or use them you cant.

• Add Multi quote

yep same thing,  you can still use them after the desync and they're moved, if you can remember where they were before, it's just the image that has moved, if that makes sense.  you'll get the tooltip popup to hit the button to open the chest or use the bed or whatever.  

• Like 1

Xbox One X

19 hours ago, Daria said:

When I'm playing with friends, they don't see the chests, workbench, bed... etc. They need to restart the game. I think this is very upsetting because if they want to save things, they can't

It's a known issue they're working on.  The workbench and items are still there, just invisible.  If you go to where they were you'll see the tooltip popup to press the button to open the chest or use the workbench, just like when you can see it.

• Like 1

Xbox One X

21 hours ago, Daria said:

When I'm playing with friends, they don't see the chests, workbench, bed... etc. They need to restart the game. I think this is very upsetting because if they want to save things, they can't

Yeah its a desync issue only in mp.  Hopefully this is fixed with the next update coming on 9/30.