Use shovel to dig up grass/drygrass to stop them respawning.

I think the new 'remove stump to prevent respawn' may be unclear to players and might also be removed accidentally and irreversibly while cutting frantically. Using shovel to uproot the grass stem gives an extra usefulness to the shovel and is a more deliberate action for removing the grass, so no accidents.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Edmund1919 said:

I think the new 'remove stump to prevent respawn' may be unclear to players and might also be removed accidentally and irreversibly while cutting frantically. Using shovel to uproot the grass stem gives an extra usefulness to the shovel and is a more deliberate action for removing the grass, so no accidents.

disagree.  players should be paying attention, if you're just whacking away it's on the player.

Xbox One X

1 hour ago, Edmund1919 said:

It's one of the best idea's for another use for the shovel, you get the option to choose where you don't want grass to regrow. Could also bring into play another recipe for crafting with the grass root.

1 hour ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

disagree.  players should be paying attention, if you're just whacking away it's on the player.

It shouldn't be on the player mistakes happen with a whole bunch of grass around, actually a lot of players don't even know if the grass regrows or not in 0.2 if you take the stump away and how's a new player supposed to know the first time they cut down a piece of grass if they cut at the bottom.

Now they have added cutting the stump doesn't respawn the grass in the public test server 0.3 Edmund1919 idea is a great idea, the stumps can't accidentally get cut down, the only way to remove a stump would be the shovel, giving an extra useful use for the shovel, grass root for extra crafting recipes. What's there to knock about an idea like this, instead of a player having to pay attention?

@NG75 please use spoilers as instructed by the mods when discussing the public beta test items.  they're not available to anyone but Steam players yet.

5 hours ago, Gearhart said:

Wait, I thought they patched it so that removing the stump no longer prevents them from respawning?

not yet.  until the next patch the grass still regrows regardless of whether you cut the stump down or not.  used to be leaving the stump would stop it from regrowing, but the last 2.0 or 2.1 patch changed that.

Xbox One X

2 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

@NG75 please use spoilers as instructed by the mods when discussing the public beta test items.  they're not available to anyone but Steam players yet.

not yet.  until the next patch the grass still regrows regardless of whether you cut the stump down or not.  used to be leaving the stump would stop it from regrowing, but the last 2.0 or 2.1 patch changed that.

Hmmm, tell me a spoiler I spoiled please? 

16 hours ago, NG75 said:

Hmmm, tell me a spoiler I spoiled please? 

the discussion about patch 0.3 and the public beta test.

From @Shyla in her Welcome thread in the public test forum -

• Since this content is still in development, we ask that when discussing unreleased content to please respect those who aren't participating in the public test who may be waiting for the content to officially release. Use spoiler tags when you feel it is appropriate.

maybe it's not such a big deal about the grass stumps, i figured better safe than sorry.

Xbox One X