Microsoft buys Bethesda

mkreku

8 hours ago, mkreku said:

It still annoys me that MCA got a bad professional rep because of an accusation.

He liked to go on Twitter or the KKKodex and post unprofessional, angry and possibly drunken rants about former colleagues and co-owners long before he was (wrongfully) accused of sexual misconduct.

So, no, it's not just any one thing. He worked hard on that reputation.

This is not a judgement on what he said, lest I bring the rabid MCA cultists down on me. He could have been right and Feargus really is a Saturday morning villain who almost sank Obsidian so he can high five around the office for having told off Microsoft (although in that case, how come Feargus is still CEO at Obsidian now that it belongs to Microsoft?). It's just completely unprofessional to rant about it on the KKKodex while boasting about his filled-to-the-brim war chest.

So, guess it's time to change the topic because otherwise posts will begin to disappear and threads will be locked. 's a bit of a touchy subject 'ere, 'n all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1 hour ago, majestic said:

He liked to go on Twitter or the KKKodex and post unprofessional, angry and possibly drunken rants about former colleagues and co-owners long before he was (wrongfully) accused of sexual misconduct.

So, no, it's not just any one thing. He worked hard on that reputation.

This is not a judgement on what he said, lest I bring the rabid MCA cultists down on me. He could have been right and Feargus really is a Saturday morning villain who almost sank Obsidian so he can high five around the office for having told off Microsoft (although in that case, how come Feargus is still CEO at Obsidian now that it belongs to Microsoft?). It's just completely unprofessional to rant about it on the KKKodex while boasting about his filled-to-the-brim war chest.

So, guess it's time to change the topic because otherwise posts will begin to disappear and threads will be locked. 's a bit of a touchy subject 'ere, 'n all.

I think that's kind of missing the point.  I'm not a big fan of his personally.  But the **** talking isn't what made him lose his job(s)

The main problem with the metoo stuff is that the difference between a successful flirt and harrassment really comes down to if the lady likes the guy.  Essentially they want you to know if the lady is interested before flirting .  This of course is not defending any of the more extreme circumstances 

Edited by Theonlygarby
  • Thanks 1

Does make him less hireable. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Does make him less hireable. 

But he was employed by multiple companies before the accusations... So does it really make him less hireable?

That being said, I probably wouldn't hire him because of all the trash talking of former employers.  However, that does not seem to be the case.

Edited by Theonlygarby