Microsoft buys Bethesda

mkreku

7 hours ago, Katphood said:

With games like The Outer Worlds and Avowed, I wonder if it makes sense for Bethesda to continue working on Starfield or TES sequel. Obsidian should come up with its own post-apoc shooter and then they should finally stop copying Bethesda and start working on PoE III.

Why would obsidian make another IP for post apoc?  Microsoft already has fallout and wasteland... Not sure they need a third.

Although you did sway me with "start working on PoE 3"

I do worry a bit about obsidian after Microsoft bought bethesda.

Edited by Theonlygarby
  • Like 2

I guessed I missed this news.

Not that I'm surprised. Pretty soon all media entertainment of all forms will be owned by some giant, single, mega-corp created by buying/merging everyone else into it. "All restaurants are Taco Bell," indeed.

As to Obsidian and Fallout ... it'd be nice but I doubt it'd happen or be/feel the same even if it did.  Still - I'd be curious what would result if by some miracle it came to be.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

6 hours ago, Blodhemn said:

Yeah, and that's partly why the gaming industry is full of play-it-safe fluff. I've been looking for a reason to upgrade the PC, but nothing is worth it.

Yeah, real shame that a guy like that hasn't been given any opportunities in the industry. I mean, he's only been given a few dozen shots. How dare he be held accountable for his actions!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

MCA has literally no talent though so I don't know where this theses that he's some kind of creative genius took root.  Sure, people have cult followings but this one is bizarre and unprecedented.

He just created the best RPG history in, well history. No biggie.

• Like 3

166215__front.jpg

On 9/24/2020 at 6:47 AM, Blodhemn said:

Yeah, and that's partly why the gaming industry is full of play-it-safe fluff. I've been looking for a reason to upgrade the PC, but nothing is worth it.

I dunno, it's sort of like how no one would hire Derek Smart.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm just not sure where we are seeing play-it-safe fluff. Maybe if you just look at AAA games, but we are literally living through a golden age of gaming. What game is not being made right now? I can't think of a genre that isn't getting some weird love from some development team.

There has never been a better time to be a gamer. I can find multiple options for pretty much any type of game I want to play. I was on a space exploration kick over the summer and was overwhelmed by the options. Realistic medieval sims? Turn based tactical? Adventures? Tentacles? Everything is out there.

19 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

I'm just not sure where we are seeing play-it-safe fluff. Maybe if you just look at AAA games, but we are literally living through a golden age of gaming. What game is not being made right now? I can't think of a genre that isn't getting some weird love from some development team.

There has never been a better time to be a gamer. I can find multiple options for pretty much any type of game I want to play. I was on a space exploration kick over the summer and was overwhelmed by the options. Realistic medieval sims? Turn based tactical? Adventures? Tentacles? Everything is out there.

There is extreme lack of Pigeon love simulators though...

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

21 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

There has never been a better time to be a gamer.

Nah, 1998 - 2000 is still the highpoint 😛

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

38 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Have you seen The Pianist?

I caught it on tv at some point. I would say I regret giving it the time.  I wasn't super aware of his story when I watched it, but I am not comfortable with the idea that I am in any way supporting him.

MCA obviously isn't Polanski, creatively or criminally, but I don't see how he is sympathetic. He got a lot of bites at the apple, burnt a ton of bridges, and came across badly for years. That is all before the sexual assault and harrassment accusations surfaced. 

2 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

What game is not being made right now?

JoJo's Bizarre Role-Playing Game

KOTOR 3

A near modern fantasy game based on African folk lore and myths.

Divorce Court 3: Revenge of the Alimony

Obsidian Forum Adventures: The Wrath of Sonicmage117.

11 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

I caught it on tv at some point. I would say I regret giving it the time.  I wasn't super aware of his story when I watched it, but I am not comfortable with the idea that I am in any way supporting him.

MCA obviously isn't Polanski, creatively or criminally, but I don't see how he is sympathetic. He got a lot of bites at the apple, burnt a ton of bridges, and came across badly for years. That is all before the sexual assault and harrassment accusations surfaced. 

I remember hearing about the harassment but the assault is new.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands