Microsoft buys Bethesda

mkreku

1 minute ago, Skazz said:
  Hide contents

kRfHSgq.jpg

Bethesda are to be commended, doing such things to show that anyone can work in gaming.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

c1c0061304f9b667164045cf5e89152c.jpg

trump wins reelection and then disney and microsoft merge.

cyberpunk will need find a new angle 'cause their shtick will no longer be alternate reality or sci fi.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Now they need to fire Todd and I may start believe in Bethesda... never thought that getting owned by SmallMeak would be considered a step up...

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 minute ago, Chilloutman said:

Now they need to fire Todd and I may start believe in Bethesda... never thought that getting owned by SmallMeak would be considered a step up...

Yes firing Todd and Pete but keeping Jeremy Soule (His talent is wasted on Bethesda) and maybe some of their more talented crew members would be the best.  With the disaster of Fallout 76 could be a real possibility especially if they fail again.

So with this merger...do we get a sequel to two great developers ultimate collaboration...

Hunted: The Demon's Forge from InXile and Bethesda?

I keed, i keed...even though I liked the game.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I can honestly say I didn't see that coming.

With Outer Worlds and Avowed I don't think Obsidian will be doing Fallout again, but who the **** knows at this point? Maybe Microsoft will scoop up EA and Obsidian will end up making KOTOR3.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

30 minutes ago, KaineParker said:

I can honestly say I didn't see that coming.

With Outer Worlds and Avowed I don't think Obsidian will be doing Fallout again, but who the **** knows at this point? Maybe Microsoft will scoop up EA and Obsidian will end up making KOTOR3.

Dear Microsoft, for Christmas, could I please have an Alpha Protocol 2?

Who owns the AP IP at the moment??? That would have been my preferred MS acquisition 🤔

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

3 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Dear Microsoft, for Christmas, could I please have an Alpha Protocol 2?

Who owns the AP IP at the moment??? That would have been my preferred MS acquisition 🤔

Sega.

Now that I think of it, Obsidian could have been working on Dungeon Siege 4 this whole time as Microsoft already owns the ip.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Oh, the Obsidian making a new Fallout hype is real!

Dishonored is my favourite game series of all time as well, so they'd better take good care of that fantastic IP!

And I'm just relieved that it wasn't Epic and their Epic exclusives. I'm for one is perfectly fine with Microsoft acquiring Bethesda. I like what they did with Minecraft and Mojang for the most part.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

With games like The Outer Worlds and Avowed, I wonder if it makes sense for Bethesda to continue working on Starfield or TES sequel. Obsidian should come up with its own post-apoc shooter and then they should finally stop copying Bethesda and start working on PoE III.

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

27 minutes ago, Katphood said:

With games like The Outer Worlds and Avowed, I wonder if it makes sense for Bethesda to continue working on Starfield or TES sequel. Obsidian should come up with its own post-apoc shooter and then they should finally stop copying Bethesda and start working on PoE III.

Considering that Microsoft now owns both Obsidian and ID Software... Doom meets Outer Worlds sounds like a nice blend to me.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

12 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

And hire Carmack!  I know Doom 3 was a disaster but Carmack doesn't have to be the lead designer.

I almost wanted to ask what disaster Doom 3 was but then I noticed... well, never mind then.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.