Weaver Re-Spawning Frequency

Hi friends,

Do you too have orb weavers re-spawning at an incredibly fast rate? I have set up my base on top of the wooden lawn borders where the orb weavers tent to set up nest/camp, lol.

I do try and kill them frequently, but it seems they respawn sometimes on the same day even. I killed all off in the area yesterday and literally had 3 coming back all at once shortly after. If I kill spiderlings, does that influence the re-spawn time for orb weavers?

Do you have any suggestions? 

Edited by MoniTheMelone
spelling mistake

Nope never seen that.   they spawn about every other day or so in game for me, or whatever they've always spawned in at.  For a while i did see multiple spawns,  like 2 spawning in where there is only supposed to be 1, but that was fixed in the last patch or 2.

Xbox One X

I'm fairly certain there is some ~Emergent Behavior~ from the Spawn Timer Code. 

I myself have killed the 3 Weavers that inhabit the area along the Roses near the stone wall, 
and had them respawn on top of me before I was done picking up the loot the first 3 dropped at my feet.
I've also killed all 3 and watched an In-Game Month pass before they respawned.

I'm not sure if that was since the last patch. I haven't really kept track of it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 8:41 AM, McSquirl Nugget said:

Nope never seen that.   they spawn about every other day or so in game for me, or whatever they've always spawned in at.  For a while i did see multiple spawns,  like 2 spawning in where there is only supposed to be 1, but that was fixed in the last patch or 2.

Well i dont think the xbox patch worked out too well. I've got one area by the flower pedals that two orbs spawn, and underneith the big oak has spawned two wolf spiders and they both seem to go back there to rest durring the day a lot. Taking on one wolf spider is hard enough for me even with mint malet, full lady bug armor and the meat shield perk i still barely survive it. Two at the same time for me would be suicide. They need an enemy lock on and side roll manuver added to avoid enemy attacks.

2 hours ago, steelgod101a said:

Well i dont think the xbox patch worked out too well. I've got one area by the flower pedals that two orbs spawn, and underneith the big oak has spawned two wolf spiders and they both seem to go back there to rest durring the day a lot. Taking on one wolf spider is hard enough for me even with mint malet, full lady bug armor and the meat shield perk i still barely survive it. Two at the same time for me would be suicide. They need an enemy lock on and side roll manuver added to avoid enemy attacks.

that's how it's always been for me,  except during whatever that one update was that made extra spawn,  so i had 2 orbs (or 4) in places only 1 or 2 usually were. 

No change at all to wolf spiders that i've seen.  Always had 2 under the oak tree.  They're fairly easy to kill.  shoot one with a bow and run back a ways so the 2nd one doesn't detect your fight.  bandage up and go in and kill the 2nd.

• Like 1

Xbox One X