Custom waymakers?

Just an idea.  Many games have a feature with their map where you can select any area of the map and it will create a custom waypoint marker that shows you where to go.

Since this game is so vast, this would be a great way to help us navigate the game and travel to new areas.  Especially since we don't have an in-game map overlay or compass overlay.

3 hours ago, CodeMonkey757 said:

Just an idea.  Many games have a feature with their map where you can select any area of the map and it will create a custom waypoint marker that shows you where to go.

Since this game is so vast, this would be a great way to help us navigate the game and travel to new areas.  Especially since we don't have an in-game map overlay or compass overlay.

Vast would the be the opposite of what this map is,  it's small comparatively with other games.

But, i like this idea :)  as long as it doesn't show in the game screen with all the trail marker clutter.   

Also the trail markers should show on the map, not in the HUD.  We should be able to select the ones from the map we want to see, like our base markers, or whatever you click on and choose to view.

Xbox One X

5 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

Vast would the be the opposite of what this map is,  it's small comparatively with other games.

But, i like this idea :)  as long as it doesn't show in the game screen with all the trail marker clutter.   

Also the trail markers should show on the map, not in the HUD.  We should be able to select the ones from the map we want to see, like our base markers, or whatever you click on and choose to view.

Then what would be the point of waymakers?  They help you navigate the world.  Plus, once you reach the destination, the marker would disappear, removing it from the HUD.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CodeMonkey757 said:

Then what would be the point of waymakers?  They help you navigate the world.  Plus, once you reach the destination, the marker would disappear, removing it from the HUD.

I have no idea what a waymaker is so I really can't say what the point of it is.

I thought you were talking about putting the trail markers we have in the game on the map.  But i see you're talking about marking a waypoint on the map, 

i like that idea also, except it could get lost in the trail marker icons that are in the HUD now.  That's why i suggested being able to add the trail markers to the map, and have the ability to filter them so you only see a few at a time instead of all of them.

• Thanks 1

Xbox One X

Hi friends,

I really like your ideas. I agree that a waymarker filter would be nice and to set a custom waypoint. I find as of know I have the map memorized, but I am sure as the map grows in size this should definitely become a consideration.

I agree, a small compass overlay would help or a small map overlay (like they do in Apex legends for example). 

However, since the game is already using location markers, maybe the incorporation of the above mentioned filter, and custom waypoint setting would be the most logical approach?

Kindly.