Building and Decor

These are some ideas I had for new building items

Painting-

• Paints would be a nice addition to the game
  • You could make 2 buckets of them at a workshop with a piece of something
  • Some examples include: 1 ant piece- 2x red paint; 1 berry chunk- 2x purple paint; 1 charcoal chunk (I talked about this in my previous topic)- 2x black paint; 1 stinkbug part- 2x gray paint; etc.
  • 1 paint would cover one side of a wall (or roofs, stairs, floors, what have you.)
  • Thus, you would have to use both buckets of paint to cover a building piece entirely
  • To use the paint though, you would have to make the spray can
  • Spray can- 1x mosquito needle, 1x clover leaf, 1x dry grass chunk, 1x clay (Or something like that, I'm open to suggestions about what ingredients it should take.) 
  • Maybe you could get more advanced paint recipes from Burgl (1 spider chunk- 2x spotty black and yellow paint; spoiled meat- 2x nauseous green paint; etc.)

Building

• More building items desperately need to be added
  • Ladders- 2x grass planks, 3x woven fiber, 2x thistles
  • Weed stem ladders could be the same, but with weed stems instead of grass planks (obviously)
  • Weed stairs, weed floors, weed corner pieces are a must-have 
  • More foundations (someone mentioned a type of concrete in my last topic that could be really cool :)
  • Maybe super reinforced walls from Burgl

Decor-

• Clay pot- 1x clay, 1x spoiled meat. Could be set down on furniture. Would start growing a plant fiber (non- collectible. Purely decoration.)
  • Clay plate- 1x clay. You could place cooked foods on it (And yes, the foods would still spoil. No trickery here ;] .)
  • An actual painting- 2 random paints, 1x mice leather (which I also discussed previously,) 1x weed stem, and 1x thistle. The paints you choose would show up on the painting as splotches (or maybe there would be some combinations that would produce something, like red and black paint would make an ladybug.)
  • More light sources. It would be so cool to make a slime mold chandelier. There could maybe be a lamp post that uses firefly parts. I find it boring to only be limited to just three light sources for my house

That is most of my ideas for how cool some new building pieces could be. As always, I would love some feedback!

Edited by YaBoyJenkins

19 hours ago, YaBoyJenkins said:

Painting-

• Paints would be a nice addition to the game
  • You could make 2 buckets of them at a workshop with a piece of something
  • Some examples include: 1 ant piece- 2x red paint; 1 berry chunk- 2x purple paint; 1 charcoal chunk (I talked about this in my previous topic)- 2x black paint; 1 stinkbug part- 2x gray paint; etc.
  • 1 paint would cover one side of a wall (or roofs, stairs, floors, what have you.)
  • Thus, you would have to use both buckets of paint to cover a building piece entirely
  • To use the paint though, you would have to make the spray can
  • Spray can- 1x mosquito needle, 1x clover leaf, 1x dry grass chunk, 1x clay (Or something like that, I'm open to suggestions about what ingredients it should take.) 
  • Maybe you could get more advanced paint recipes from Burgl (1 spider chunk- 2x spotty black and yellow paint; spoiled meat- 2x nauseous green paint; etc.)

Love the idea.  however i'd rather see flower petals and such for the paint, use something like the smoothie deal to mix them up for colors, yellow and blue petal gives you green paint, etc.  maybe some bug goo drops for other colors.

I'd say 1 bucket or whatever for one panel,  like 1 wall piece, make it a little challenging to paint your whole base.

WHy a spray can? we could easily do brushes from fuzz or plant fiber and twig or stems, even a roller.

Building

• More building items desperately need to be added
  • Ladders- 2x grass planks, 3x woven fiber, 2x thistles
  • Weed stem ladders could be the same, but with weed stems instead of grass planks (obviously)
  • Weed stairs, weed floors, weed corner pieces are a must-have 
  • More foundations (someone mentioned a type of concrete in my last topic that could be really cool :)
  • Maybe super reinforced walls from Burgl

Yep yep yep!

Decor-

• Clay pot- 1x clay, 1x spoiled meat. Could be set down on furniture. Would start growing a plant fiber (non- collectible. Purely decoration.)
  • Clay plate- 1x clay. You could place cooked foods on it (And yes, the foods would still spoil. No trickery here ;] .)
  • An actual painting- 2 random paints, 1x mice leather (which I also discussed previously,) 1x weed stem, and 1x thistle. The paints you choose would show up on the painting as splotches (or maybe there would be some combinations that would produce something, like red and black paint would make an ladybug.)
  • More light sources. It would be so cool to make a slime mold chandelier. There could maybe be a lamp post that uses firefly parts. I find it boring to only be limited to just three light sources for my house

they'd have to allow us to the tables,  i'd like the pot to be useable, harvest the fiber when you need one  build a dozen pots in a room (must get sunlight on the pots) and start your own fiber farm, never have to go searching then.

great post,  i like these ideas.

Xbox One X

2 minutes ago, YaBoyJenkins said:

The thing is, how sturdy are the sprigs in the game? Are they sturdy enough to support a human?

They're sturdy enough to be used to make fences and flagpoles, and are also used for a wide variety of buildings, such as chairs. I think it's safe to assume they're strong enough to serve as ladder rungs. The main support would be the woven fiber rope.