Acina's Tricorn - does the ACC boost work with spells?

no, i believe i tested it, but it's been a while, but i'm pretty confident it doesn't apply to spells.

4 minutes ago, Yosharian said:

bonus question: can you stack effects that reduce reload time, such as Acina's + Sharpshooter's Garb?

it's complicated. on items, yes they can stack, but because they are negative numbers they are combined using inversion rules. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599/inversions

on stacking: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599/stacking-rules

Tricorn: It applies to Driving Roar so I'm pretty confident it will also work with certain spells. Like some spells work with melee bonuses (see Instruments of Pain working with Sunbeam ansd such).

What does work 100% with spells are the pets that do +10% bonus damage to ranged attacks (see Harley for example). 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

23 minutes ago, Yosharian said:

ok so in layman's terms if i combine the -20% from garb plus the -10% from acina's am i getting more or less than a 30% reduction

less. But you can check the weapon tooltip in combat to see the exact effects.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If an item says ranged weapons it will not work for spells, if it just says ranged it will work with all "directed" spells (which for some weird reason are also hazard like walls, but won't be most ground aoes).

edit: so in case that was unclear Acina's works with spells, ring of the marksman for example does not)

Edited by Raven Darkholme

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

It only says +5 ranged accuracy and as I said it works with stuff like Driving Roar. So I'm pretty sure it works with "ranged" spells.

That's what I confirmed tho. 😛 (but my english is horrible)

6 hours ago, Raven Darkholme said:

if it just says ranged it will work with all "directed" spells (which for some weird reason are also hazard like walls, but won't be most ground aoes).

what does "directed" here mean? stuff like relentless storm won't be affected?

1 hour ago, thelee said:

what does "directed" here mean? stuff like relentless storm won't be affected?

Well I used it for a lack of better word since it is really inconsistent when it works and doesn't.

The easiest way to test it is to equip acinas and check your spell tooltips in the ability bar, some examples are:

It does not work on:

Concelhaut's crushing doom, also i was wrong in my earlier post it does not work on the hazard walls (flame etc), barbs of condemnation (priest)

It however works on quite a lot of Aoes AND single target skills some examples:

Deleayed Fireball, Freezing pillar, Adragan, bitter morring, divine mark (priest), draining missiles, jolting touch (lol).

Let's just say it's very inconsistent but unless you ahve Wael's on it is also very easy to check if you hover over the accuracy in your tooltip.

(on 2nd thought it prolly still shows up on waels just with ???)

• Thanks 1