Weapons Destroys Buildings Now?

This seems to be new on the Xbox with the last update.  Is this a glitch or new feature?   This makes my spider traps useless since they are being destroyed by my weapons.  I have tested this on a building wall as well without fighting an insect... just attacking the wall itself.  Not liking this new addition.  Please say this is a glitch in the code.

...constructions were always able to be destroyed on Steam PC version??  It's why I never fight inside my bases, except for Punching...and even that will damage structures, so every base has a Repair Tool in a Chest, ;).

I think I was in creative mode on the pc but the xbox i do remember fighting the ants what would stick their head through the wall and being able to kill them without damage to the wall itself.  This changed on the last update.  Now when the ants stick their head through the wall, my weapon will destroy the wall as well as kill the ant.

I had a spider trap for killing Orb Spiders, this is now useless to me as I am destroying what was keeping me safe.  Not liking this at all!!! >:(

1 hour ago, Michelle Brooks said:

I think I was in creative mode on the pc but the xbox i do remember fighting the ants what would stick their head through the wall and being able to kill them without damage to the wall itself.  This changed on the last update.  Now when the ants stick their head through the wall, my weapon will destroy the wall as well as kill the ant.

I had a spider trap for killing Orb Spiders, this is now useless to me as I am destroying what was keeping me safe.  Not liking this at all!!! >:(

If you have it on casual or whatever the easiest setting is, you can't hurt your structures when hitting it. At least that seems to be the thing now. I definitely remember destroying my buildings while fighting something around it, usually ants. Xbox one.

5 hours ago, Michelle Brooks said:

This seems to be new on the Xbox with the last update.  Is this a glitch or new feature?   This makes my spider traps useless since they are being destroyed by my weapons.  I have tested this on a building wall as well without fighting an insect... just attacking the wall itself.  Not liking this new addition.  Please say this is a glitch in the code.

It's not a new addition, in every game mode i've played (all but the WOAH! mode) hitting the wall with a tool or weapon damages it.  It's the work around for the recycling items bug.

Or am i missing something here?  if you hit a wall with a tool or weapon it SHOULD damage said wall.  What's the thought behind it shouldn't?  that just makes no sense.

Xbox One X

4 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

It's not a new addition, in every game mode i've played (all but the WOAH! mode) hitting the wall with a tool or weapon damages it.  It's the work around for the recycling items bug.

Or am i missing something here?  if you hit a wall with a tool or weapon it SHOULD damage said wall.  What's the thought behind it shouldn't?  that just makes no sense.

Ants should not be able to stick their heads through solid walls either but they do all the danged time so until that is fixed we should not have to destroy our house to kill the the ant sticking it's head through our walls like they aren't even there.

10 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

I can't hurt my builds with a weapon of any sort now. I used to be able too, but not anymore. I play on casual or whatever the easiest setting is called.

Edited by Fletch Dude

16 hours ago, Ksandra McKay said:

Ants should not be able to stick their heads through solid walls either but they do all the danged time so until that is fixed we should not have to destroy our house to kill the the ant sticking it's head through our walls like they aren't even there.

take a breath, relax, it was a simple question.

10 hours ago, Fletch Dude said:

I can't hurt my builds with a weapon of any sort now. I used to be able too, but not anymore. I play on casual or whatever the easiest setting is called.

huh.  i was trying to kill a gnat yesterday with the dagger and damaged the wall in my game,  i'm not a very good aim i guess 😛  wonder if it matters on the weapon then?

Xbox One X

8 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

take a breath, relax, it was a simple question.

huh.  i was trying to kill a gnat yesterday with the dagger and damaged the wall in my game,  i'm not a very good aim i guess 😛  wonder if it matters on the weapon then?

I tried all weapons on mine and no damage. Are you on the easiest difficulty?

I did a test last week about building items durability and how many hits will destroy each piece.  

I found my Mint Mallet did no damage to my structures but did not test it on traps. 

Building Durability YT Video

Edited by MagicFlyinPotato
updated wording
  • Like 1