Does grass regrow through foundation/grass floors?

1 hour ago, nekogod said:

Didn't you already post this?

Oh crud, I did! I'm not sure where my mind is tonight, I'll try and get the other one deleted.

1 hour ago, DrRock said:

If you use clay or pebblet foundation,then no it won't.

That's a relief. I wonder if grass floors built directly on ground stunt growth as well.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, mdf25 said:

If you chop out the stump it won't regrow. So if you do want it to grow back, just leave the stump intact :)

you have COMPLETELY misunderstood the point of my question

For the Grass and Stems and Clay ..... that has  ~ A L R E A D Y ~   been NOT ReSpawning .... for WELL OVER A GAME YEAR

That is the stuff I want to grow back .... 

If there is going to be a Method for Forcing things to NOT respawn ... 

There needs to be a Method to Force things to Spawn Again.

4 hours ago, Gnith said:

you have COMPLETELY misunderstood the point of my question

For the Grass and Stems and Clay ..... that has  ~ A L R E A D Y ~   been NOT ReSpawning .... for WELL OVER A GAME YEAR

That is the stuff I want to grow back .... 

Ahhh now there's some context I get what you're saying.

Indeed, currently if you already removed the stumps and the grass is not respawning there is no way to get it back to respawn again. I think they need some sort of grass seed you can pick up every now and then that regrows grass in a small area where it's planted. That would be nice and you wouldn't have to do it for every single blade of grass that way.

On 10/3/2020 at 5:41 AM, Gnith said:

I actually think not having a way to grow back the grass is good. This way your decisions have more impact on the world :). 

If you could grow and destroy recources as you wish, then nobody would go out of their way to build their bases, because they would just grow the grass near their base's location and not have to worry about gathering recourses such as grass planks and weed stems around the world.

Just my opinion tho. wouldn't grow grass even if I could tbh that's not immersive. ez = not satisfying (for me) 

On 10/10/2020 at 5:34 AM, Andi said:

I actually think not having a way to grow back the grass is good. This way your decisions have more impact on the world :). 

If you could grow and destroy recources as you wish, then nobody would go out of their way to build their bases, because they would just grow the grass near their base's location and not have to worry about gathering recourses such as grass planks and weed stems around the world.

Just my opinion tho. wouldn't grow grass even if I could tbh that's not immersive. ez = not satisfying (for me) 

I mean, you'd still be limited on where grass can be planted, as well as what environments it would actually be able to grow in (the haze zone would kill it before it can grow, the floor in the hedge zone lacks the necessary sunlight, areas with a lot of dead grass like the place by the east ant hill will probably be a dead zone as well).

And if course new grass won't grow overnight; it would take a couple of days.

If course, adding in the ability to plant seeds would also require grass be updated with a growth mechanic, as well as models for the seeds and transition from seed to a full blade.

Personally, I hope that dandelions get the ability to be planted before grass does. Would really help to keep my inventory from overflowing with dandelion tufts.