Boat/Raft

Other people have mentioned the fact that you can’t swim with planks or stems and that there is a possibility for water strider skis, personally I think it would be great if you could craft a raft with grass plank or stems and some crude rope, maybe you use acorns and sprigs to make paddles. This would allow players to move larger amounts of items than just what they can carry. I definitely don’t want to be carrying planks 7 at a time all the way across the pond just to build a house when I could build a little raft and carry like 24 of them at once. Anyone else have any ideas about this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, EllusivePanda said:

Other people have mentioned the fact that you can’t swim with planks or stems and that there is a possibility for water strider skis, personally I think it would be great if you could craft a raft with grass plank or stems and some crude rope, maybe you use acorns and sprigs to make paddles. This would allow players to move larger amounts of items than just what they can carry. I definitely don’t want to be carrying planks 7 at a time all the way across the pond just to build a house when I could build a little raft and carry like 24 of them at once. Anyone else have any ideas about this?

yep i made a post for this already :)  good to see we're on the same page.

Xbox One X

16 hours ago, YaBoyJenkins said:

This idea would be awesome. I know i have lost quite a few grass planks to the water. Only question though- could you move it? Would it be like a stuffed bug where you can "recycle" it, and move it elsewhere?

move what? the plank? they float, you can push them around in the water, same with berries.  Weed stems sink, so they're lost if they fall in the water.  can't move them either, i spent a good hour or more trying to fish 2 out of the deep water by the machine before giving up.

Xbox One X

55 minutes ago, YaBoyJenkins said:

I meant the raft. Could you pick it up and move it to other lakes? If not, it would end up kinda useless if you had to make one for each individual puddle you come across.

so far there's only 2 spots it would work in.  the cost of stems and sap and rope and whatever to make it is negligible for the help it could provide.

Xbox One X

30 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

so far there's only 2 spots it would work in.  the cost of stems and sap and rope and whatever to make it is negligible for the help it could provide.

.... But .... if they ever open up other yards .... or the Conv Store
there might be a creek, or a drainage ditch .. that would make a raft ~ Invaluable ~