My friend swears the spiders whisper threatening things like 'eat them' and 'kill them' amidst their other noises.  I think its pareidolia; but last night I hung out on a branch above a wolf spider and an orb spider and I totally understand why she says that!  I have to give props to the sound design people, spiders are so creepy.  

Has anyone else heard the spiders whisper?

45 minutes ago, Todd Estabrook said:

My friend swears the spiders whisper threatening things like 'eat them' and 'kill them' amidst their other noises.  I think its pareidolia; but last night I hung out on a branch above a wolf spider and an orb spider and I totally understand why she says that!  I have to give props to the sound design people, spiders are so creepy.  

Has anyone else heard the spiders whisper?

nope they snore though :)

• Haha 1

Xbox One X

I've been playing for a few weeks and thought I'd heard everything, until today. There were three orb weavers nearby (two sleeping), and I swear, it sounded like one of them started making sounds that almost sounded like words, but in a demonic tone. I've never been afraid of the orb weavers once I learned how to take them on, but this sent a chill down my spine.

16 hours ago, PrismDragonfly said:

I've been playing for a few weeks and thought I'd heard everything, until today. There were three orb weavers nearby (two sleeping), and I swear, it sounded like one of them started making sounds that almost sounded like words, but in a demonic tone. I've never been afraid of the orb weavers once I learned how to take them on, but this sent a chill down my spine.

i sat above 2 sleeping on one of the fence posts near the tree,  didn't hear anything but the snores while i ate dinner, then they woke up and milled around and walked off.  Not a sound.  I'm thinking you guys are imagining stuff 😛

Xbox One X

5 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

i sat above 2 sleeping on one of the fence posts near the tree,  didn't hear anything but the snores while i ate dinner, then they woke up and milled around and walked off.  Not a sound.  I'm thinking you guys are imagining stuff 😛

I've killed a loooot of orb weavers in general, and I have only ever heard it once--and I hope never again.

On 9/16/2020 at 9:23 AM, McSquirl Nugget said:

I've heard them snore also. 

But to be fair, I've not heard anything other than some really creepy growls and hissing.  At times it does sound like perhaps some human voices were used as a base for the noises the sound designers created, but I haven't heard any actual words as my friend asserts.  I can see where she thinks that though.  I think its pareidolia - like when we see faces in patterns or bunnies in clouds or hear voices in white noise but I'd love to know if there is any truth to what she hears the spiders say though.  

13 hours ago, Todd Estabrook said:

I've heard them snore also. 

But to be fair, I've not heard anything other than some really creepy growls and hissing.  At times it does sound like perhaps some human voices were used as a base for the noises the sound designers created, but I haven't heard any actual words as my friend asserts.  I can see where she thinks that though.  I think its pareidolia - like when we see faces in patterns or bunnies in clouds or hear voices in white noise but I'd love to know if there is any truth to what she hears the spiders say though.  

so i finally heard this night before last when i played.  Here's a clip for anyone else that hasn't heard them yet :) 

• Like 1

Xbox One X