Why is there no insects in creative mode

16 hours ago, PrismDragonfly said:

I imagine creative mode is really great for just trying out new builds and techniques, without any hassle or interruptions.

bingo.

No need to harvest materials, you just go in and build as you wish.

Xbox One X

I do wish we could change the type of game/file on a whim though. I'd love to pull something I'm working on in medium into creative, just to see if my idea works out. It's high up and will take forever to do in medium, and even then I'm not sure it'd look right. I have to run away and get up high and peer at the building just to judge if I like it or not.

18 hours ago, PrismDragonfly said:

I do wish we could change the type of game/file on a whim though. I'd love to pull something I'm working on in medium into creative, just to see if my idea works out. It's high up and will take forever to do in medium, and even then I'm not sure it'd look right. I have to run away and get up high and peer at the building just to judge if I like it or not.

that'll never happen.  YOu can build material free in creative, but not the other modes.  no way you should be able pull a multi-level base with pallisades and traps from creative and use it in mild/medium/woah! modes.

• Thanks 1

Xbox One X

18 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

that'll never happen.  YOu can build material free in creative, but not the other modes.  no way you should be able pull a multi-level base with pallisades and traps from creative and use it in mild/medium/woah! modes.

No no, I don't mean pull things from creative to non-creative, but non-creative to creative. Like you'd have to go back to an earlier save to get to your non-creative game again, and resume building. The importing to creative would just let you see what you're building easier, and then you could take a screenshot and resume the game file (pre-building) and build it again. But now it just sounds complicated, lol.

2 hours ago, PrismDragonfly said:

No no, I don't mean pull things from creative to non-creative, but non-creative to creative. Like you'd have to go back to an earlier save to get to your non-creative game again, and resume building. The importing to creative would just let you see what you're building easier, and then you could take a screenshot and resume the game file (pre-building) and build it again. But now it just sounds complicated, lol.

sorry read it wrong the first time.  I like that idea, but you're right, probably way more work for the dev team than it's worth.

Xbox One X

On 9/17/2020 at 11:53 AM, McSquirl Nugget said:

This is pretty hard-nosed aspect.  You can /op your way to creative in Minecraft and then drop back down to survival.

What's the big deal?  It's not a competitive game... who cares if ONE user wants to easy-mode their own game?  Just as you'll be able to set "mild" do the same thing then switch to "whoa!" and say you were there the whole time?  Meh. 

Before you answer, it's relatively easy to find the modding community and do this anyway, but the native game should allow it because who really cares?  It's not competitive, it makes no difference for you and your game.  It's their own game let them play the way they want.

A better option would be allow it, but flag the "save game" with "has been in creative" or similar... so if someone loads it can be shown.

Edited by zariok
flag for creative

25 minutes ago, zariok said:

This is pretty hard-nosed aspect.  You can /op your way to creative in Minecraft and then drop back down to survival.

What's the big deal?  It's not a competitive game... who cares if ONE user wants to easy-mode their own game?  Just as you'll be able to set "mild" do the same thing then switch to "whoa!" and say you were there the whole time?  Meh. 

Before you answer, it's relatively easy to find the modding community and do this anyway, but the native game should allow it because who really cares?  It's not competitive, it makes no difference for you and your game.  It's their own game let them play the way they want.

A better option would be allow it, but flag the "save game" with "has been in creative" or similar... so if someone loads it can be shown.

Totally Agree ..... why should anyone care what you do with or in your own game ... 
But if there are Achievements .... turn them off in Creative .. and Maybe Easy .....
or ... more reasonable ... as was said .. tag the save file if Difficulty has been changed ...
and certain Achievements can only be completed in Hard/Whoa games that have never changed difficulty

On 9/18/2020 at 6:10 PM, zariok said:

apparently you missed my subsequent post saying i read his post wrong. All i said then is i don't think the devs would allow it as the creative mode costs no materials.  and who cares what minecraft does?  this clearly isn't minecraft.

Mods are different story,  if not supported they can bring a whole slew of issues into games, causing false bug reports wasting Dev time trying to sort those out.  Mods DO affect other players if used in MP sessions. 

Games have to have limits and structure, all games do, just because it's a solo game doesn't mean it should be open for everything,  there's no point of a progression system then,  give me everything right now at the start with no limits and boundaries makes for a very short played game as they grow boring quickly.

Xbox One X