Ladders and Bridges

Are there any plans for ladders and bridges so we can use scaffolding or even just like four walls that keep going up so we can (this is just the idea in my head I don't mean for this for everyone 😂) like doing a door climb up to our house that's really high, and then have some kind of path or bridge or walkway or something to build like an ewok village-esque thing for single and multiplayer?

23 hours ago, TheeHappyDalek said:

Are there any plans for ladders and bridges so we can use scaffolding or even just like four walls that keep going up so we can (this is just the idea in my head I don't mean for this for everyone 😂) like doing a door climb up to our house that's really high, and then have some kind of path or bridge or walkway or something to build like an ewok village-esque thing for single and multiplayer?

That would be so nice =]

Edited by YaBoyJenkins

Maybe also ropes for a quick & easy way down from high places.

Or possibly throwable rope nets crafted with woven fibers and webbing(and maybe some pebblets or quartzite, as the anchor), to temporarily slow down large bugs, and immobilize smaller ones. Just an idea.

Edited by Balkoth the Lich
  • Like 1

i'm guessing with the rename of woven fiber to crude rope we'll be getting ropes in the next patch 🤞  it's been asked for a bunch.  And hopefully items to use the rope like grappling hook, zip line, ladders, etc.

• Like 1

Xbox One X

• 3 months later...

I can't believe ladders are not a thing yet. Maybe it's because it needs an additional animation? Or maybe it's because it would make easier to climb to weird places, but that's easily solvable with a height limitation. There's very few places you can't get to using a staircase with enough commitment. And if the problem is that the devs don't want to make it too cheap to go higher, needing two stems and rope should make it expensive enough so it's not a cheap solution. But ladders are a must in my opinion.