here's everything my PC was doing at the time on the crash. one thing i have learned is every time it crashes im going into or out of the players menu. (SCAB) most crashes come from changing the SCAB theme  and opening and closing SCAB too quick.   as for ingame settings its set to full screen 1920/1080. quality medium. shadows off. blur off. vsync off. frame rate cap 120.  

Screenshot_43.thumb.png.11d554cad5410e5b7ba21e1beb513c5c.png

5 hours ago, Abram Moon said:

here's everything my PC was doing at the time on the crash. one thing i have learned is every time it crashes im going into or out of the players menu. (SCAB) most crashes come from changing the SCAB theme  and opening and closing SCAB too quick.   as for ingame settings its set to full screen 1920/1080. quality medium. shadows off. blur off. vsync off. frame rate cap 120.  

What are your PC specs?  What GPU do you have?  Have you updated your video driver?

4 hours ago, Abram Moon said:

win 10 pro. (fully updated)
processor: intel i5 750
ram: 8gb
Gpu: radeon rx 480 (fully updated)
and nothing overclocked. 

Well for starters, there is a known issue that game crashes often with gamers on Radeon GPU.  Luckily, I have NVIDIA.  Secondly, you might want to consider adding another 8GB RAM.  16GB is the sweet spot for most games if you didnt know.

18 hours ago, Abram Moon said:

failing to see how 16GB helps. as you can see in my pic. the game never asked for anything over 6GB of ram.

Windows 10 needs 4 mininum to run and it does so extremely slowly on 4.  I don't know if you're old enough to remember dial up internet, but that's how 10 behaves on 4gb Ram.  Very slow and clunky. open an app go get coffee then come back to see if it's open, then you do an action, drink your coffee and look to see if it's done.

8gb is the recommended to run Windows 10.  You have the min recommended.  This means the game is taking up the 6gb, and windows is struggling to run with what's left (which is less than the required 4gb).  it's not a good scenario.  8gb is fine if all your doing is word process, spreadsheets, emails, and surfing the web.  If you're playing games you need the extra RAM for windows to do what it needs and the game to do what it needs to do without tanking each other.

like @tecknotot said, 16gb is the minimum you should have for gaming now days.  That is if your motherboard will support it.  

Edited by McSquirl Nugget
spelling
  • Like 1

Xbox One X

and to re-clarify that pic is everything my pc was doing. not just the game. so when i play grounded its asking for 3GB of ram. and at the time of crash windows and other apps are asking for 2.9GB. and its not asking for much cause i'm used to playing with lower settings cause i know i don't have a top end PC.  and i know its cause of my graphics card. this whole post was more about laying bare everything taking place on my pc to help rule things out. like the ram. 

2 hours ago, Abram Moon said:

so 16GB of ram is needed to play Grounded, and that's causing my crashing?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028142/windows-10-system-requirements

its 2GB to run win 10.

it won't run on 2 gb, you'd be lucky to get far enough to log in.

We're just giving advice from profesional and personal experience,  doesn't sound like you want it.  So good luck!.

Edited by McSquirl Nugget

Xbox One X

11 hours ago, Abram Moon said:

so 16GB of ram is needed to play Grounded, and that's causing my crashing?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028142/windows-10-system-requirements

its 2GB to run win 10.

The minimum requirement to play Grounded is not 16GB RAM. However, with all thats running in the background and the OS you will notice a VAST difference if you have 16GB compared to your 8.

We ask that the users of this board treat one another with respect. Calling people trolls is not that. 

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I run the game just fine, zero lag on 8g ram. I do have a Rx 580 so had to go buy the steam version as my game pass version will not allow for forcing it to run in dx11 instead of dx12 which is the issue that causes the r series card to crash. If you are running the game pass version you are just out of luck until that is fixed or you bite the bullet and buy the steam version.

The original poster posted they found a fix:

i started showing my friends this thread and my brother after 5 sec's looking at the pic says. "it's your page files"   he says "yap look at profile logs there maxed out. i encountered the same thing with city skylines. just disable auto page file and make it manual and give it 15-20 GB to work with"  so i changed it like he told me..... no more crashing.

Unfortunately the full post and several others were deleted due to personal sniping.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man