Updated Grill and Shed Area

I think that the Grill/ Shed area across the pond could really use an update. Here are some ideas I have for the place:

Grill Area

1. The ash-lands. Surrounding the grill there could be a burnt area called the ash-lands. This would be a barren place with no vegetation; no creatures; and no water or food (except for the chicken bone, which I will get to later.) This place could be very useful, as you would have to cross it to get to the grill, and there would be some important resources there. One of these resources would be pieces of charcoal, which could be broken apart by a tier two hammer. These pieces could be used to make a tier three hammer (and maybe an oven and upgraded farms.) You could also find chicken bones there. Break them apart with a tier two/ tier three tool, and you will get chicken fat (which could be used as food, and maybe even as an ingredient for candles/ candelabras!) and bone shards, which would be useful for an armor I will talk about later. 
  2. Top-of-the-grill-goodies. After crossing the ash-lands, you could parkour your way up the side of the grill. Up on the top, you could find old hot dog bits, some raw science, and maybe a SCA.B scheme called "Smoky." 

Shed Area

These are my ideas for how the shed could become the next big area in Grounded. I'll only share a few of them for now, for the sake of time.  

1. Mice. these tough creatures would be found on the floor of the shed. They would be very agile and strong, so people would probably need tier three gear to survive the fight. The resources they drop would would be very useful, though. Things like mouse skin (which you could use two of to make mouse leather,) Mouse fuzz, and mouse ears. You could also find mice droppings around, which could be used for upgraded farms. 
  2. Resources. There would lots of random items found in the shed, usually in hard to reach places (more on that later.) One thing could be coils of string. You would need a tier two or tier three axe to cut it, breaking it into string fibers (or something like that, I haven't really decided on the name yet,) which you could then use two of at a workshop to make simple rope. You could also find glue chunks lying around in the shed. You would need a tier two/ three hammer to break it. You could then use the glue globs with something like chicken fat or mouse skin to make mega armor glue, for tier three armors and such.
  3. Parkour. To find resources like the string and glue, which would be high up on shelves, you would need to do some parkour. Jumping from tools to shelves to climbing up wires, eventually you would reach the very top. The top shelf could have anything from a Burgl chip to more story parts to even a boss enemy! The possibilities are vast. 

I also think it's worth mentioning an armor I thought of that uses the mouse parts and bone shards-

• Scavenger mask: 1x bone shards, 1x mouse ear, 2x mouse fuzz, 1x simple rope (Armor bonus- Sneaking speed)
  • Scavenger chest-piece: 2x mouse leather, 1x bone shard, 2x simple rope (Armor bonus- Sneaking speed)
  • Scavenger knee-guards: 2x bone shards, 1x mouse fuzz, 1x simple rope (Armor bonus- Sneaking speed)

Full set bonus (Leftover bounty)- When breaking something or pulling the parts off of something, high chance to get one or two extra pieces

Those are all my ideas for a grill/ shed update. I would love to hear some feedback!

I like what you've done here .... 

Also ... in the event we get seasons ... or any weather ... mice leather and fuzz would make excellent cold weather gear .... 
it might be warmer around the grill (when it's on) with a hazard of falling ash and burning charcoal (on the weekends) say once or twice every 7 game days ... 
I would LOVE to be able to harvest charcoal ... and make a forge for smelting the bits of destroyed Lab laying around ... or maybe other sources of metal
..... I made a Forge already .... but it doesn't do anything ... it just looks cool 🙄

Bone Armor would be extremely Cool.
Little candles that we could put on our tables .... 
the Shed might have paint ... for painting all our things

also ... Ash can be mixed with water, pebblets, sand, and lime to make a decent enough concrete (New Foundation !)
or there might just plain be a bag of Quik-Crete in the shed .....
a VERY common home product in the US for people who do yard sculpting projects ... (like putting in a koi pond)

On 9/12/2020 at 3:02 PM, YaBoyJenkins said:

I think that the Grill/ Shed area across the pond could really use an update. Here are some ideas I have for the place:

Grill Area

1. The ash-lands. Surrounding the grill there could be a burnt area called the ash-lands. This would be a barren place with no vegetation; no creatures; and no water or food (except for the chicken bone, which I will get to later.) This place could be very useful, as you would have to cross it to get to the grill, and there would be some important resources there. One of these resources would be pieces of charcoal, which could be broken apart by a tier two hammer. These pieces could be used to make a tier three hammer (and maybe an oven and upgraded farms.) You could also find chicken bones there. Break them apart with a tier two/ tier three tool, and you will get chicken fat (which could be used as food, and maybe even as an ingredient for candles/ candelabras!) and bone shards, which would be useful for an armor I will talk about later. 
  2. Top-of-the-grill-goodies. After crossing the ash-lands, you could parkour your way up the side of the grill. Up on the top, you could find old hot dog bits, some raw science, and maybe a SCA.B scheme called "Smoky." 

Shed Area

These are my ideas for how the shed could become the next big area in Grounded. I'll only share a few of them for now, for the sake of time.  

1. Mice. these tough creatures would be found on the floor of the shed. They would be very agile and strong, so people would probably need tier three gear to survive the fight. The resources they drop would would be very useful, though. Things like mouse skin (which you could use two of to make mouse leather,) Mouse fuzz, and mouse ears. You could also find mice droppings around, which could be used for upgraded farms. 
  2. Resources. There would lots of random items found in the shed, usually in hard to reach places (more on that later.) One thing could be coils of string. You would need a tier two or tier three axe to cut it, breaking it into string fibers (or something like that, I haven't really decided on the name yet,) which you could then use two of at a workshop to make simple rope. You could also find glue chunks lying around in the shed. You would need a tier two/ three hammer to break it. You could then use the glue globs with something like chicken fat or mouse skin to make mega armor glue, for tier three armors and such.
  3. Parkour. To find resources like the string and glue, which would be high up on shelves, you would need to do some parkour. Jumping from tools to shelves to climbing up wires, eventually you would reach the very top. The top shelf could have anything from a Burgl chip to more story parts to even a boss enemy! The possibilities are vast. 

I also think it's worth mentioning an armor I thought of that uses the mouse parts and bone shards-

• Scavenger mask: 1x bone shards, 1x mouse ear, 2x mouse fuzz, 1x simple rope (Armor bonus- Sneaking speed)
  • Scavenger chest-piece: 2x mouse leather, 1x bone shard, 2x simple rope (Armor bonus- Sneaking speed)
  • Scavenger knee-guards: 2x bone shards, 1x mouse fuzz, 1x simple rope (Armor bonus- Sneaking speed)

Full set bonus (Leftover bounty)- When breaking something or pulling the parts off of something, high chance to get one or two extra pieces

Those are all my ideas for a grill/ shed update. I would love to hear some feedback!

They already mentioned that this area is getting updated as well as the picnic table so we will wait and see. :) 

On 9/12/2020 at 4:02 PM, YaBoyJenkins said:

Grill Area

Shed Area

I like it all but the mice.  Mice = hantavirus = death  I vote no mice.  Besides that, they're 10 times our size,  there wouldn't be a fight, we'd hit them they'd shrug it off as a bug, if it did get through their hair and hurt we'd be dead.

to add to the charcoal,  that could be harvest for many things.  painting your skin to go out on night missions, altering your scent to avoid mosquitoes that are supposed to be coming, coloring for decorations,  or a water filter system (along with sand from the sand box).

Xbox One X

On 9/13/2020 at 12:58 AM, Gnith said:

I like what you've done here .... 

Also ... in the event we get seasons ... or any weather ... mice leather and fuzz would make excellent cold weather gear .... 
it might be warmer around the grill (when it's on) with a hazard of falling ash and burning charcoal (on the weekends) say once or twice every 7 game days ... 
I would LOVE to be able to harvest charcoal ... and make a forge for smelting the bits of destroyed Lab laying around ... or maybe other sources of metal
..... I made a Forge already .... but it doesn't do anything ... it just looks cool 🙄

Bone Armor would be extremely Cool.
Little candles that we could put on our tables .... 
the Shed might have paint ... for painting all our things

also ... Ash can be mixed with water, pebblets, sand, and lime to make a decent enough concrete (New Foundation !)
or there might just plain be a bag of Quik-Crete in the shed .....
a VERY common home product in the US for people who do yard sculpting projects ... (like putting in a koi pond)

technically, several sets of bone armor already exist in this game, as insects and arachnids have their skeletons on the outside.

On 9/14/2020 at 7:52 AM, McSquirl Nugget said:

I like it all but the mice.  Mice = hantavirus = death  I vote no mice.  Besides that, they're 10 times our size,  there wouldn't be a fight, we'd hit them they'd shrug it off as a bug, if it did get through their hair and hurt we'd be dead.

I realized after posting this that they probably would be too big to fight, which gave me an even better idea for a way to kill them. Maybe there would be a way to get into the bottom of the shed, where there would be 1 or 2 mouse traps lying around. You would have to find cheese (or maybe two acorn bits) to arm them, then manually pull back the spring thing back. The danger in this, though, would be that there would be some spiders or other dangerous bugs crawling around below the shed, so you would want to arm the trap and run out of there. You would then have to wait a few days for the mouse to get stuck and killed by the trap, then you could head over there and claim your bounty. If you waited too many days, though, the bugs underneath the shed would bet to the corpse first, and you would have to arm the trap again and wait some more.