Mutation Descriptions

I agree with this very much. Any set bonuses, perks, etc. should clearly specify what exactly it is providing. All good games(or at least, all the ones i've ever played) explain the mechanics/buffs/debuffs/etc. for you one way or another. There is no good reason for the descriptions to be vague like this. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Balkoth the Lich said:

I agree with this very much. Any set bonuses, perks, etc. should clearly specify what exactly it is providing. All good games(or at least, all the ones i've ever played) explain the mechanics/buffs/debuffs/etc. for you one way or another. There is no good reason for the descriptions to be vague like this. 

What set bonus or mutation is confusing?  i find them all to be pretty straightforward.  I think the "clues" they give in the wording are plenty to figure them out and make it fun.

Xbox One X

2 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

What set bonus or mutation is confusing?  i find them all to be pretty straightforward.  I think the "clues" they give in the wording are plenty to figure them out and make it fun.

I hate you @McSquirl Nugget😄  

Buff Lungs - Increased energy capacity?

Grass Master - Faster grass cutting

Rock Cracker - Better damage with hammer to enemies or rocks?

Ant-nihilator - Killing ants is easier

Lil Fist - More damage with fists?

Coup de Grass - More luck with critical hits???

Juicy - Smoothie drinks are better??

Natural Explorer - Run faster?

Cardio Fan - Breathe better underwater???

Reliable Friend - Revive friends faster?

Sharpshooter - This last sentence is direct!! :)

Meat Shield - better defense?

Fresh Defense - Defense against anything gas or fire/acid???

• Like 1

16 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

Sorry, but i'd prefer to know for sure, rather than make assumptions. I've never been a big fan of guessing games.

oh, and @tecknotot, You forgot to add Uncrackable(and various other set bonuses) to your list.

Edited by Balkoth the Lich
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2020 at 7:50 PM, tecknotot said:

Can you please make the descriptions more direct?  For example, instead of a vague description of each mutation, make the last sentence highlight what the mutation does?

Thanks!

Yes please.

Should not have to look online to find out what they do.

Buff lungs vs cardio fan vs natural explorer.... kudos to anyone who just knew what the different effects were just by reading the vague wording. 

Ant-nihilator supposedly gives attack AND defense buff at max rank against ants.  How does the description make this obvious ?

The stories behind mutations is nice.  Just add a line stating exactly what each does and by how much.

I don't even know if mutation buffs stack with armor buffs like Aphid shoes, the feather hat or the leaf eyepatch.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Balkoth the Lich said:

Sorry, but i'd prefer to know for sure, rather than make assumptions. I've never been a big fan of guessing games.

oh, and @tecknotot, You forgot to add Uncrackable(and various other set bonuses) to your list.

Yeah I was speaking specifically of the mutations.  Oh honey! I havent even started with the armor set buffs. 😄 

6 hours ago, Balkoth the Lich said:

i don't think games should give us everything.  makes it too easy mode, some things should be left for us to figure out.

12 hours ago, tecknotot said:

I hate you @McSquirl Nugget😄  

Buff Lungs - Increased energy capacity?

Grass Master - Faster grass cutting

Rock Cracker - Better damage with hammer to enemies or rocks?

Ant-nihilator - Killing ants is easier

Lil Fist - More damage with fists?

Coup de Grass - More luck with critical hits???

Juicy - Smoothie drinks are better??

Natural Explorer - Run faster?

Cardio Fan - Breathe better underwater???

Reliable Friend - Revive friends faster?

Sharpshooter - This last sentence is direct!! :)

Meat Shield - better defense?

Fresh Defense - Defense against anything gas or fire/acid???

😂

from the descriptions on those i've unlocked or are listed in Burg.l and what i've observed in my game by activating and then doing the same actions with it off - 

• Buff Lungs - yes more stamina
  • Rock Cracker - rocks, like grass master at level 3 you get a bonus piece when harvesting
  • Lil Fist - Haven't got this yet but that's my guess, more damage with fists, just going by the name, what else do we do with our fists? 

Question is does it count toward the mutation if you wear with them down with weapons first?  I killed a handful of Orbs last night using @RazielDERF's method of stunning them and then pounding them with fists till they die, and I've started to kill the weevils and aphids with my fists only.  got a ways to go still i think,  Would be nice if there was a progress meter for these.

• Coup de Grass - Haven't got this yet so no idea
  • Juicy - water and food meter deplete slower, at first i thought it was just the water meter but my food meter is also dropping slower 
  • natural explorer - yes run speed, add the aphid slippers and you move pretty quick.
  • Cardio fan - your stamina meter fills up faster
  • Reliable Friend - yep from the description you revive folks faster in MP, just got it last time we played clearing out the ant hill and you kept dieing,  not sure how much faster it revives, you'll have to die more so we can test it 😂
  • Meat Shield - haven't bought this yet but from the description, (and the Lady Bug armor having a defense buff), i'd say this is max health increase.
  • Fresh Defense - less damage from bombardiers and stink bug gas clouds is what i've seen so far.

Thanks @Truth for the input on Ant-nihilator, i hadn't noticed a damage taken drop with it yet,  i'll check that out tonight.

3 hours ago, tecknotot said:

Yeah I was speaking specifically of the mutations.  Oh honey! I havent even started with the armor set buffs. 😄 

May as well add those while i'm at it.

• Aphid Slipper - says right in the info tile - "Run like the dickens" and The Quickness = speed increase
  • Eye Patch - if + Attack isn't obvious....  😛  your attacks do more damage with it
  • Mite Hat - +Hyperstamina - with the stamina meter icon i take this to mean faster regen of stamina
  • Gas Mask - again obvious
  • Clover set - +Fuller - shows the food meter and "fuller" i think would mean slower depletion of the food meter
  • Acorn set - again obvious
  • Ant set - another obvious
  • Grub set - starting to wonder if i need to keep going, these are obvious
  • Ladybug set - +Blocking Strength,  this one is still a mystery,  i think it's longer stuns or knockback on perfect block?
  • Spider set - +Hyperstamina, see above, faster stamina meter regen
  • Bee set - +Sprint Distance = so you can sprint farther, but that would also mean you're faster or have a stamina buff with it to allow you sprint farther.  Which is it, both?

Xbox One X

1 hour ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

Question is does it count toward the mutation if you wear with them down with weapons first?  I killed a handful of Orbs last night using @RazielDERF's method of stunning them and then pounding them with fists till they die... 

Yes this method worked for me and I have maxed it out. Yes it's a bit of a grind but using other methods before finishing them off with a punch works. It counts when you kill them with the fists. 

I've killed most ants weakening them with spike traps and finishing them up with a Mike Tyson knock out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, RazielDERF said:

Yes this method worked for me and I have maxed it out. Yes it's a bit of a grind but using other methods before finishing them off with a punch works. It counts when you kill them with the fists. 

I've killed most ants weakening them with spike traps and finishing them up with a Mike Tyson knock out. 

Yes I can vouch for this, I was his punching bag. 😄 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, RazielDERF said:

I went to the ant hill , made a lure trap and put spikes in front of it.  Then shot gas arrows in the groups.  Maxed out the mutation very fast.

• Like 2