Unable to play Peril on Gorgon

Hi everyone,

Just purchased the new DLC. However, all my previous saved game is in the last level "Brave New World". I don't have any previous saved game before the point of no return. Is that mean, I can't play, or unless I start a brand new game again? Feel pretty frustrated right now. Any reply will be appreciated.

Thanks.

RY0917

• Sad 2

Thank you Obsidian for make me wasting over 40 hours, maxed characters and equip. I haven’t saved before Tartarus, and usually the DLCs are playable after the end game. Now I’ve burned my money for a game that I’ll never play. With a family, a job, the gym and a social life, I haven’t time to restart the campaign. Great Job👍🏻!

• Sad 1

Glad I read that, how stupid could a developer be to think that we all want to play their games over and over ?
Special a RPG, where the fun is to find out new things and read the story and make personal decisions ...

IT IS BORING AF to do it again ...

DLCs / ADDOns should always be AFTER the ending, or it looks like you have deleted it already from the finished game to sell it later for more money !

or at least transfer the last saved game back so that we could use it and only have to do the last part again, IF WE WANT !
____________________________________________________________________________________________

That same problem has been already in some other games, AND ALWAYS THEIR PLAYER HATED IT ...
is it fun to do things, YOUR CUSTOMERS hate ? 

but some modders did the job. (Pillars) . Are there mods for this game or even modders, who could do that ?

16 hours ago, Wormerine said:

That’s how Obsidian usually does DLCs. I like that, though I will wait for 2nd DLC before doing second playthrough (plus stream release). Is there no “point of no return” save? 

Yeah they have done it in all their games, seems really they hate their customers ,
close how arrogant EA was (is now a little bit better) and Bethesda still is.

Still don't get it, what is the fun for them to do it that way, to upset people ?
Special if it is easy to code an option like, in the menu "Convert last save game to be used for the DLC" ,
if I am not able to develop a story, which happens after the end,
special in a game, where the last INGAME conversation is, that there is still much to do ?

21 minutes ago, FlashXAron said:

Yeah they have done it in all their games, seems really they hate their customers ,
close how arrogant EA was (is now a little bit better) and Bethesda still is.

Still don't get it, what is the fun for them to do it that way, to upset people ?
Special if it is easy to code an option like, in the menu "Convert last save game to be used for the DLC" ,
if I am not able to develop a story, which happens after the end,
special in a game, where the last INGAME conversation is, that there is still much to do ?

You assume most players feel that way. While there are always vocal players calling for post-main-campaign expansion, I would be surprised if that was majority of players opinions, considering they have been doing that since New Vegas. 

Again, there should be “point of no return” save, which should allow you to do all DLCs, then playthrough the endgame and see the impact of this new content on the ending.
I for one prefer new in-campaign content, as Obsidian RPGs a ripe for replay - especially one as short as Outer Worlds, though I am not sure if it have enough depth to warrant more then 2 playthroughs unlike PoEs or New Vegas. I get that’s it might not be for you, but I think you will see that many of Obsidian fans value their games for reactivity and replayability. As such DLCs that expand the core journey are valued.  
Still, I am still somewhat surprised that they don’t allow for playthrough on its own, unless Gorgon content is somehow uses other locations as well (like SSS from PoE2). 

My advice would be that if you are into “single playthroughs” in the future, just wait until games are as complete as they get. I never buy a game which I don’t intend to replay until it gets GOTY edition, or something like that.

Edited by Wormerine

No there was no point of no return save, only one inside the ship, but that idi... ship AI tells me, we couldn't start WTF ...
at least I had an -50% voucher, so I have bought the season pass for 12.-

SO DOES ANYONE KNOW, at least @Obsidian from which point the second DLC will be starting ...

think will wait one more year and hope to run against a wall, to forget , what the game was about to enjoy that 40h until the new content could be played !!

Or please make at least at the LAST CONVERSATION after the rescue a decision like 
"oh , I have forgotten something , wait here, I am back in a sec 🙂 " (You are teleported to the starting point of the DLC)

how hard would have been that , as the last place, is one long bloodpath until you reach that guy 🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Unable to continue Peril on Gorgon DLC

I can't get into Lucky's safe to retrieve the key and continue the quest. It doesn't give me the option to insert the code it just kind of opens without showing it's content The DLC is no use to me if I cannot go further in the quest line and if that's the case I want a refund.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2020 at 10:41 PM, FlashXAron said:

No there was no point of no return save, only one inside the ship, but that idi... ship AI tells me, we couldn't start WTF ...
at least I had an -50% voucher, so I have bought the season pass for 12.-

SO DOES ANYONE KNOW, at least @Obsidian from which point the second DLC will be starting ...

think will wait one more year and hope to run against a wall, to forget , what the game was about to enjoy that 40h until the new content could be played !!

Or please make at least at the LAST CONVERSATION after the rescue a decision like 
"oh , I have forgotten something , wait here, I am back in a sec 🙂 " (You are teleported to the starting point of the DLC)

how hard would have been that , as the last place, is one long bloodpath until you reach that guy 🙂

Okay, 

THANK YOU

now. after the second DLC there is exact that option , the game asks you, if it should prepare your LAST SAVE, that you could use the DLCs.
THAT is how it should be done,
so THANK YOU to the devs from all, who only had one last save game at the wrong position.

I really hope, that is now the way, how it will be always done !
WELL DONE, dear DEVS

and you just have won a loyal customer back !

The Patch did not help. I only can play the second dlc, but the first dlc is still not shown.

I've got it.
After finished (maybe between?) the second dlc, you must return to the Groundbreaker. After docking you get an incoming message from a parcel service. Accept the package and you get the mission "Peril on Gorgon" (the package is the mission).

Edited by Maywood