What Are You Playing Now: Gaming Lives

Amentep

Next in line to move forward was Flexile Sentry. He made me little bit more trouble, than in first two playthroughs, but still I was able to defeat him on 1st try 🙂

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Decided to give Start Trek Online another whirl. This time I'm playing the Enterprise timeline, because I've been watching that show recently. It seems like a good place to start since it is a bit simpler in terms of story, and my memory of Next Generation is super fuzzy.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. I reached Alabastra, the last large area of the main game. It looks nice (aurora borealis and walls of ice), the pacing is good and for some reason (a skill or an item or a Twist of Fate I did not notice) coins drop when hit opponents. So far so good.

• Thanks 1

Going through my thankfully small backlog, I've been thinking of trying to get into DA Inquisition, for the story. But every video and review I watch keeps reminding me of the impression that I got and led me to uninstall after two hours -- that it feels like a single player MMO. I have neither the time nor the energy for that, as I'm already busy with one MMO. Help?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

3 minutes ago, 213374U said:

Going through my thankfully small backlog, I've been thinking of trying to get into DA Inquisition, for the story. But every video and review I watch keeps reminding me of the impression that I got and led me to uninstall after two hours -- that it feels like a single player MMO. I have neither the time nor the energy for that, as I'm already busy with one MMO. Help?

Hide it from your libraries and pretend you never bought it until you think you never did. 

• Like 3
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It is a bad feeling to look at a game you spent $30 on or something and not enjoy it (I have a lot of those..), I guess one reason why I try to never spend more than $10 these days.    I sort of feel that way about Brigador, perhaps was poor purchase on my part to blow $25 on something I am not sure why I thought I'd enjoy to that degree. 

Do need a new adventure game, perhaps I'll finish the Deponia trilogy, as much as I detest the protagonist in that game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Deponia is already quadrilogy 😉

15 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

Deponia is already quadrilogy 😉

Ah, thought the fourth game wasn't a sequel.

On 10/24/2020 at 1:24 PM, LadyCrimson said:

Installed Outer Worlds. Made a character. Had no idea what to do with stats, it's been a while since I've played something with all those chr. choices at the very start. Certainly feels Fallout-ish in that regard.
Ran around a bit, shot some bandits or something, went ooh and ahh at the colorful scenery. NPC faces are a bit, uh, less scenic, but that's fine. Not sure I'll use that Tactical Time Dilation combat thing (kind of VATS like  in a way, I guess, which I never used either).   Anyway ... seems ok at the start, typical rpg very-beginnings. :)

highest int per cha and lowest str dex tem are good enough

25 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Ah, thought the fourth game wasn't a sequel.

Hmm I do not know TBH, it’s also on my backlog 😄

• Like 1

I'm on the last chapter of Yakuza Kiwami. I could end the game right now, but I'm the type where I live to overlevel for the final boss and just squash them, so I'm grinding a bit to max out my body and dragon levels. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished Pathfinder.  Now, I will say that I wasn't enamored of the writing, but a few story lines did catch me a little.  Tristian's story of redemption combined with his ragged heart appeal to the bad guy in his quest line not to succumb to hatred was brilliant.  A couple others were nice enough.  I didn't really *love* them, per se, but I liked them a lot.  The only one that came close to the blind cleric was

Linzi's end.

.  It was smaltzy, but it wasn't over the top and I thought it was a good ending.  I really rather enjoyed it and it did tug a little at the heartstrings, assuming ol' drunks have heart strings to tug.

• Like 4

"Not for the sake of much time..."

Customers in Planet Coaster are babies, too scared to ride a coaster with a couple of parts where they are subjected to 11 g, pft.

Finally got around to picking up Death Stranding on the Epic Games Store.  So far, it's ok, I have a certain level of respect for Kojima but I hope the excessive focus on cutscenes and cinematics ceases a bit more as the game progressives, not that it's bad, but at this point in my life I just want to play more and watch less.

Graphics, environments, physics, programming and features like DLSS make the game look and run flawlessly, which is kinda surprising from a Japanese title (They love their consoles and don't normally give two figs about PC ports).

5 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Finally got around to picking up Death Stranding on the Epic Games Store.  So far, it's ok, I have a certain level of respect for Kojima but I hope the excessive focus on cutscenes and cinematics ceases a bit more as the game progressives,

Get to Chapt 3 as soon as possible, don't dwaddle in the first extra-long tutorial section (if you're sort of a completionist you can return to it later anyway).  As for the cinematic - they slow down for most of the game except certain story moments, but you may rage a bit at the end unless the story really interests you.

They overdid the UI micro-animations tho.  Pressing skip over and over for certain things was definitely annoying. :lol:

• Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 10/27/2020 at 10:46 AM, 213374U said:

Going through my thankfully small backlog, I've been thinking of trying to get into DA Inquisition, for the story.

The story and characters are the weakest part of the game. And that's despite the fact that DA:I is a glorified single player MMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2020 at 10:46 PM, 213374U said:

The locations are large and the main storyline is fairly generic ("Get an army, stop the BBEG"), but characters and side quests provide context and complexity to it.

----

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Completed the game. I remember the final boss being tougher in the original game, but I also could have been underleveled in that playthrough. In general, there is too much "content" and it would have been more enjoyable, if I skipped most of it. Started the first DLC, "Teeth of Naros".

Edited by Hawke64
  • Thanks 1

Xuan-Yuan Sword VII

Took a chance on this, one of the few Asian (Taiwanese) RPG titles on Steam that has English subtitles and might be in my wheelhouse etc.  A long running series apparently, VII is the latest one. While some facial animations/textures aren't "top modern best" it looks fantastic on the 4k TV (1440 monitor too), with great in-game scenes and overall look.  No performance issues at max (did have to disable Win10 resolution scaling compat. setting to play 4k, known issue) So far I like the music.  There's a lot of long dialogue back and forth at times (think Taiwan/Chinese drama over-exposition) but for once I actually don't mind and so far am interested in the actual goings-on. I think you can skip-button just about all of it if you want however.

I'm not too far in, the first couple hours seems to be setup/exposition moments and short quests, very tv/movie like, but again ... I strangely don't mind.  It's probably going to be fairly linear path-wise and the basic combat/controls seem simple, but with special moves/attacks/combos (?) and the like later.  I wish you could rebind a few keys tho.  Anyway ... I'm quite enamored of it already, especially in terms of chr/mystery and visceral appeal.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Picked up Stoneshard for sale, which is a good Halloween type game for the weekend. I only died once during the tutorial, so that felt good. It's a turn based RPG that is a little bit of Battle Brothers with a bad save system, but well worth the $15.

Edited by Hurlshot

5 hours ago, HoonDing said:

It is very similar to Gujian 3, but a bit less grandiose overall.

I saw/considered that game a bit ago, but then I read it required an always connected 'net/server connection to play ... single-player.  I don't buy those.  😕

Edited by LadyCrimson

Couldn't take the non-rebindable keys in Xuan Yuan 7 anymore, my pinky just doesn't like to move to the left (shift, ctrl, etc) and all I was going to do was smash the mouse button, so I picked up my dualshock.  Which is much better ... except the prompts are xbox so I spent a while fumbling around learning what button is what while staring at my cheat sheet taped to the TV.

At least I can dodge and some other stuff better, now.  :shifty: