What Are You Playing Now: Gaming Lives

Amentep

*install MM7 without a hitch*
"Ok, here I go! ... 'clickclick' ... wait, how do I move in this game again."
*mashes random keys* *looks at configuration sheet*
"Nope, that's attack, that's cast spell, that's next turn, that's...wait that's a strange key configuration if I have to click on stuff..."

...a few minutes later...

"Oh ... BOTH hands on the keyboard, no mouse. That's right. Games were like that once. How quaint."

• Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

This ... is ... awesome.  https://www.reignofterrorgd.com

(download links if you scroll down page)   https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/mod-reign-of-terror/35347

You do need Grim Dawn and its two main DLC's installed tho, since it's a mod.  And it's still going to have Grim Dawn stuff/mechanics/classes as well as Diablo2 ones.
But ... it is awesome. They even have the music, and "braiinnns" and "Rakisishu!" callouts etc.

Grim_Dawn_2020-10-11_15-16-19-79.jpg

Grim_Dawn_2020-10-11_15-22-16-85.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 5
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Game is still ****ing with me by letting me have a good run.  Honestly am surprised I've not been defeated by some garbage lower level team more than I am not losing to Sparta or even beating Slavia

20201011004129_1.thumb.jpg.8d02afce9b2c31b36e60143ad3f4c3ce.jpg

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

10 hours ago, majestic said:

It's always been that way. Way back when I played Jedi Knight I kept replaying the levels until that counter at the end told me I found all the secrets. And bloody hell some of them were well hidden.

Haha, I don't think I ever found all secrets in any JK map. Hell, I remember being confused enough by the path you were supposed to take to finish some missions to even think about going for secrets.

As for Velen, I think you may have missed an objective. IIRC you could go search for the daughter after asking the fisherman, but before finishing the Baron's quest so you'd have a more complete picture by the time you got back to him. But yes, it's not great design that you can't tell him what's what afterwards if you decide to tell him what you know before heading out -- which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. As for the rest of the sidequests, I believe the plot eventually takes you back to Velen, so you may want to wait to wrap up stuff there.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I found more to Baldur's Gate 3. And finally got a screen telling me I finished the EA. It's a promising game, but really comes across more as a Divinity: Original Sin 3 than a Baldur's Gate 3. So "is a lesser good so terrible?" I ask myself.

I've also picked up Pillars of Eternity again and am marching through White March 2. Not an Icewind Dale fan and it's clearly inspired by that, but I want to complete everything before moving to PoE 2.

And Phoenix Wright. About time I replayed it, the PC trilogy seems like a good excuse.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Back to Divinity OS2, now on easiest difficulty because of my tendency to set my own party on fire - since everyone else always and everywhere sets me on fire too, that's becoming a tad much. Have I tried not setting everything on fire? Nah, why would I do that? Fire good! :biggrin:

Found this dude who travels with me angrily burying his murdered parents, passed persuasion check to make him less vengeful, I think? Anyway, he left and I promptly dug up his mum and dad. :biggrin::biggrin:

Oh, and my skeleton is in relationship with the gruff mercenary guy! Almost smooched in the pub, cannot wait for the further development of the affair, though I suspect this romance gonna be a bit bare-bones. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, 213374U said:

Haha, I don't think I ever found all secrets in any JK map. Hell, I remember being confused enough by the path you were supposed to take to finish some missions to even think about going for secrets.

I have a terrible sense of direction. I get lost in shooters all the time, especially in old ones that have no automap feature. But Jedi Knight II was somehow worse for me in that regard. There I sometimes got stuck on a level because I didn't find the way to the end, never mind any secrets. Heh.

Just yesterday I had to repeat a horse race in TW3 three times because I kept missing the path I was supposed to take and they accused me of cheating. Even though I didn't cut the track at all, more like took a wrong turn and rode a longer path than intended. :p

And that's with a line on the mini-map.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I just finished Mass Effect Andromeda and it was indeed a very entertaining gaming experience and scores a solid 65/100  on the globally respected " BruceVC gaming score " system

I generally play non-fantasy RPG the same way, I start the main quest and then deviate to complete secondary quests and companion quests until I get restless and then I focus primarily on the main objectives. So I spent 74 hours on ME:A and probably completed overall about 60 % of the total quests

Firstly there were no bugs, seriously none. I did use a Mod that addressed unresolved Bioware bugs and I am sure Bioware has worked hard to make the game stable so that was a pleasant experience 

I thoroughly enjoyed the narrative and the way you explore various planets and make them habitable for civilizations

I didnt Romance anyone which was a slight disappointment but I also didnt complete the potential companion Romance arcs for companions like Peebee and Cora but to be honest I wasn't  that keen for Romance with either of them so its not a serious criticism

And then Frostbite works well, the combat mechanics were exciting and frenetic and so was generally game play . I look forward to future games from Bioware using it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I actually downloaded Genshin Impact yesterday since everyone's talking about it (yes, even your grandma).

Not sure what to think yet. Production values are super high but I get this foreboding feeling from the entire game that it's only done to make you get sucked in so deep that whenever the micro transactions appear, you're bound to spend hundreds just to keep up.

So far it's been very enjoyable though, not gonna lie. I mean.. you get a wingsuit ten minutes in, in a city designed to be vertical. That alone had me giggling and jumping off buildings for ten minutes straight.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

13 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

This ... is ... awesome.  https://www.reignofterrorgd.com

(download links if you scroll down page)   https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/mod-reign-of-terror/35347

You do need Grim Dawn and its two main DLC's installed tho, since it's a mod.  And it's still going to have Grim Dawn stuff/mechanics/classes as well as Diablo2 ones.
But ... it is awesome. They even have the music, and "braiinnns" and "Rakisishu!" callouts etc.

I told you Grim Dawn is epic :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

2 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

I have Grim Dawn on Steam and I have yet to play it, this may be the right time as feedback is generally good ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I have Grim Dawn on Steam and I have yet to play it, this may be the right time as feedback is generally good ?

It is always the right time for Grim Dawn. :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

If you like ARPGs than yest, its the best one out there in my opinion

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

5 hours ago, majestic said:

I have a terrible sense of direction. I get lost in shooters all the time, especially in old ones that have no automap feature. But Jedi Knight II was somehow worse for me in that regard. There I sometimes got stuck on a level because I didn't find the way to the end, never mind any secrets. Heh.

Just yesterday I had to repeat a horse race in TW3 three times because I kept missing the path I was supposed to take and they accused me of cheating. Even though I didn't cut the track at all, more like took a wrong turn and rode a longer path than intended. :p

And that's with a line on the mini-map.

You have a great future as a 2nd Lieutenant.

Went back to Surviving Mars, had to reload the save as for some reason I forgot I have no untapped water sources near my main colony and then let my current source run dry, so 50% of the colony dies due to lack of water, that's a wrap.  Massive pipe networks are bad as I need to have a chain of depots and drone commanders, bleh.  Playing as Russia is nice, the drillers are inefficient and all but the colonists they free up makes up for that.

• Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well what do you know, I just defeated the High Dragun in Enter the Gungeon and completed the Bullet That Can Kill The PAst.

I promptly failed to kill my past because I realized too late that the boss turns patches of the floor into damage zones, but all in all not bad for a first go at that boss fight. :)

4 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

I've had it since when it barely had a complete Act1.  :)
It's a good arpg and I played it a fair bit off and on but I still haven't gotten around to playing either of the DLC's. I have the same problem with it as I do with path of exile - something about the item/gear (and gear-stat) system doesn't appeal in the long run.  I think the newer arpg's don't have the simplicity I liked about the older ones is all.  Or the same sense of random-ness. But very good games overall (edit - GD does edge out Path of Exile a bit, imo).

The D2 mod must've taken forever to make.  A great way to get some D2 nostalgia but with newer arpg conveniences and GD's genre improvements. I wish I'd had this stash in Diablo2.   kappa1.png

Grim_Dawn_2020-10-11_15-01-06-81.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 1

Finished Total War Saga: Troy with Penthesilea's Amazons by completing the Homeric story mission. I guess I could keep playing, but I think it could turn into what our friends from across the sea call wack-a-mole, as my hordes don't occupy cities, so small enemy armies run around rebuilding where I have passed.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I have reached Spiral Hell in La Mulana 2, which the game makes abundantly clear is the final area in the game. I can also testify that it lives up to its name. The area is filled with new, extra tough enemies, but the worse part is a tough platforming section where if you screw up you have to teleport out and start the area all over. I guess I can't get mad, it's the final area, it's supposed to be hard. I just hope there's a save/teleport point somewhere in there.

Edit: I reached what is presumably the final boss. Phase 1 is a piece of cake, phase 2 is easy, phase 3... I'm still trying to figure out. I'm not sure if I've even done any damage in phase 3. No clue if it's the final phase.

Edit 2: I got through phase 3, turns out there's a phase 4.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I finished Wasteland 3. It was a good game. For the most part, the choice and consequence aspect is on par with Obsidian, and I consider them the best in the business. 

Spoiler

They then proceeded to toss that in the garbage a bit with the last act, which forced your hand between Angel Deth and The Patriarch.

The story was entertaining. I thought the side quests in particular were well done, and there was a good cast of characters to get to know. Combat was entertaining enough, and I loved the mix of weaponry, but I did feel there was way too much of it. I mean, there really seemed to be little value placed on human life in this universe. 

It was a solid follow up on Wasteland 2 and I enjoyed the continuation of the Desert Ranger storyline. I imagine the Great Plains will be the setting for Wasteland 4.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 4:14 PM, BruceVC said:

No romances though *shrugs*

• Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

8 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

No romances though *shrugs*

Thats fine, Romance is definitely not the main reason I play any RPG 

Its just a part of party interaction and adds to realism but its not mandatory 8)

John Milton 

Now that it is out I started Werewolf: Heart of the Forest.

Already spotted an option I had completely overlooked in the demo and have gone off quite a different path and met different characters. i think I am still a Jedi Guardian as far as class goes, but that's just me. I think I end up a Jedi Guardian whatever game I play.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

On 10/11/2020 at 7:27 PM, Tale said:

I found more to Baldur's Gate 3. And finally got a screen telling me I finished the EA. It's a promising game, but really comes across more as a Divinity: Original Sin 3 than a Baldur's Gate 3. So "is a lesser good so terrible?" I ask myself.

It's weird that they chose to have DOS2 and Baldur's Gate 3 start basically the exact same.  Start on a ship as a prisoner, ship goes down, wake up on a beach.

I can't tell if it was on purpose?  Or maybe they didn't realize how similar they are.

Either way I can play about 20 minutes then I stop caring.  Not sure exactly what it is about larian games that bores me so much.

Edited by Theonlygarby
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

Now that it is out I started Werewolf: Heart of the Forest.

Already spotted an option I had completely overlooked in the demo and have gone off quite a different path and met different characters. i think I am still a Jedi Guardian as far as class goes, but that's just me. I think I end up a Jedi Guardian whatever game I play.

Sooo, is it better than Shadows of NY?

I haven't played Shadows, only Coteries.

So far non of the npcs are as outlandish.

The game actually has choices and you feel they matter.

Your character has no clue what is going on, so you have no clue what your character is. The game procedurally adapts that to your choices. Which is probably just a fancy way of talking about "if" clauses :p

Shadows games are well written, but they are hardly more interactive than a novella.

This seems better by far in that aspect.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1