What Are You Playing Now: Gaming Lives

Amentep

10 hours ago, Skazz said:

I had no idea this had been a thing. I guess this explains why you're looking for the unpatched version of the game 😛

I do have a copy of both 98 and XP but not the PC that can run them (hardware compat. issues I guess).  Hubby might be able to cobble something together out of old parts/pcs but not sure it's worth the trouble.  😄

And yeah...one game I had a Monk who was always in the right place right time, see an artifact left and stroll over, go "Ahhh!" and siphon them up.  Multiple protection rings and even a teleport one.  He was nigh invulnerable.  :sorcerer:  (edit: observing a teleporting Monk is probably how I noticed it was possible).

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

3 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

I do have a copy of both 98 and XP but not the PC that can run them (hardware compat. issues I guess).  Hubby might be able to cobble something together out of old parts/pcs but not sure it's worth the trouble.  😄

And yeah...one game I had a Monk who was always in the right place right time, see an artifact left and stroll over, go "Ahhh!" and siphon them up.  Multiple protection rings and even a teleport one.  He was nigh invulnerable.  :sorcerer:  (edit: observing a teleporting Monk is probably how I noticed it was possible).

Why not just set up a virtual machine and run an emulated windows?
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-set-up-windows-xp-emulator-for-windows-10-4772549

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Mount & Blade 2 is great. Single player wise, it has improved on a ton of stuff from Warband. It looks great, controls well. I kmow it is kind of early access, but it is on sale right now and it was well worth the $30. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ComradeMaster said:

Just beat the first seven maps on a little game called Majesty Gold, anyone heard of it? :thumbsup:

Addictive as Hell.  All I really have to say.  No major criticisms.

I like you. You are clearly a gentleman and a scholar.

EDIT: Probably handsome, too.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back to La Mulana 2. I feel like I'm at least 2/3 of the way through the game, hopefully I can beat it by the first week of November. I'm trying to clear my plate for the BIG NOVEMBER RELEASE. The game everyone has beem clamoring for. The hype train is practically in orbit by now. Obviously, the game I'm referring to is

Yakuza_like_a_dragon_cover_art.jpg

Wait, what game did you think I was writing about? :shifty:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

12 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Does the AI in all total war games cheat?

Level 1 Tier 1 units suffer almost no damage against a fully buffed mixed army of level 4+ units

Which Total war game are you talking about? Units and AI vary from game to game, for example in Shogun they quickly rout if you kill the general.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Troy.

Things had been mostly balanced and then one turn AI troops in multiple battles suddenly became super elites.

Not the first time, but when one infantry unit armed with clubs holds off three of my units and nearly routs them in the time my other 17 units take out 4 of his...

Or when the AI melee units cross a third of the screen in the time it takes my archer hero to hit them once...

Something is fishy.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Also in my old files:

Cultists in loincloths
Charming the lasses
Adepts holding contests
To see who is fastest
Berserking monks with their
Feet spurred by wings
These are a few of my favorite things.

Gnomes hi-de-ho-ing
And warm melting mages
Rogues in the library
Who think they are sages
Warriors who run
From a ratman who stings

A group of young Healers armed only with daggers
Discarding peace to see what's the matter
Barbarians meting out Krolms mighty sting

When the goblins come
When the vampires sing
When Yetis smash my town
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so down!

...yeah I really liked this game back then.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finallly cleared Battletech's SP campaign. Damn AI was aware that Kamea dying was a win condition, but the enemy King Crab overheating all the time was very helpful

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You know how in most rpg's you're trying to save the town, planet, or the world, or something? Are there any where you're the evil guy destroying them instead and you have to thwart the goodies? And not in the "your chr. can make Evil path choices".  Like Dungeon Keeper/Evil Genius but more rpg or something. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

You know how in most rpg's you're trying to save the town, planet, or the world, or something? Are there any where you're the evil guy destroying them instead and you have to thwart the goodies? And not in the "your chr. can make Evil path choices".  Like Dungeon Keeper/Evil Genius but more rpg or something. 

Well, to fun thing to remember is that there is an Evil Genius 2 coming soon... Even if it isn't the rpg slice.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, Overlord was fun but not really evil enough.

It's just that these days, every time the "baddie" is introduced in some big/epic rpg game, my thought is always "I want to play/be THEM."

Still slowly playing Shadowrun Hong Kong. Enjoying it so far, but it is much more verbose than the predecesor. Which makes me little bit not very happy to go back into the game, whenever I get back into Heoi hub 🙂 

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Been saving the world for decades and it's so dull/predictable now. I'm just having a mid-life crisis. :-

• Gasp! 1

2 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Yeah, Overlord was fun but not really evil enough.

It's just that these days, every time the "baddie" is introduced in some big/epic rpg game, my thought is always "I want to play/be THEM."

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra