What Are You Playing Now: Gaming Lives

Amentep

7 hours ago, Orogun01 said:

what a dickish move.

Orog !! I cant believe you would make such a joke....Im more concerned that this game will lead to an erection and undermining of proper RPG :grin:

• Haha 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

https://store.steampowered.com/app/350640/Sherlock_Holmes_The_Devils_Daughter/

Has anyone played this game, its on a massive 90 % discount and I battle to ignore this type of discount :-

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/350640/Sherlock_Holmes_The_Devils_Daughter/

Has anyone played this game, its on a massive 90 % discount and I battle to ignore this type of discount :-

I think its predecessor, Crime and Punishment, is generally considered the better game. Might want to try that one first if you can get it cheap. It's been free on EGS before but it looks like the best current deal is "only" 75% off on GamersGate.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

49 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I think its predecessor, Crime and Punishment, is generally considered the better game. Might want to try that one first if you can get it cheap. It's been free on EGS before but it looks like the best current deal is "only" 75% off on GamersGate.

Thanks for the feedback but to be honest I am interested in this particular game because of the whole supernatural. horror element. I dont normally play Sherlock Holme adventure type  games

Do you think this is a supernatural, adventure game ....in other words I dont just want to solve crimes I want to solve supernatural crimes ?

John Milton 

16 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Orog !! I cant believe you would make such a joke....Im more concerned that this game will lead to an erection and undermining of proper RPG :grin:

Don't worry, sooner or later all games get dysfunction.

• Haha 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I think I have all the evidence I'm going to get in Paradise Killer. I have a pretty good picture in my head of what happened. One suspect, in particular, I have dead to rights. I have a veritable mountain of evidence against said suspect. That said, there's more at play here than just that one suspect. Furthermore, I may be able to topple the entire Syndicate if I play my cards right. I have the game saved right outside Judge's chamber. I'm going to sleep on it and formulate a plan, then tomorrow I'll go to trial. :dancing:

• Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well I managed to survive long enough to place a HUB in Satisfactory.  Then I upgraded the Hub a few times right off the bat. Placed what I think is an auto-miner bot. I guess one needs a lot of fuel and right now all I have is leaves and twigs, apparently.  Now I'm supposed to scan for copper ore, which of course will lead me out into the wild again. I have the feeling almost all ore sources are going to be "guarded" by beasties. Bets on survival?  😛

...also reinstalled DIablo1 for the umpteenth time and poked the Butcher full of arrows. Using the Hellfire version, haven't done that in ages.

...I need another expansive, open world-ish, shiny but somewhat mindless/simplistic rpg. It's too bad I don't like "shooters."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Grim dawn, do it, its awesome!

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

...I need another expansive, open world-ish, shiny but somewhat mindless/simplistic rpg.

Only is really the last criteria, but maybe Hades ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Been mucking around with an alt in Final Fantasy XIV. Playing through the early game again really underlines how "heavy" the story becomes later.

In Conan Exiles I've mostly been playing the new DLC map, Isle of Siptah. I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it.

• the entire map feels PvP focused, every resource is centralized in some way to maximize the chance you'll run into other players, but it is a new map, with new story to uncover
  • Wild Surges only spawn low tier Thralls, T2 crafters are as rare from Wild Surges as T4 spawns are in the Exiled Lands
  • oh yes, Surges are the only real way to get Thralls
  • there's no Purge, so there's really no reason to build a defensible base in PvE (then again, the Purge is so buggy that even a defensible base doesn't help if they just spawn inside. So yeah, just ditching it was easier than fixing it, I guess)
  • to get better thralls you have to grind a whole bunch of new resources to spawn a "greater" Surge, which only gives you a chance at better Thralls. A very low chance, if the CE forums are to be believed, and there's then even the chance that you'll get non-humanoids spawned too, which are entirely useless.
  • there's basically nothing to do on the island until you get high enough level (45+)
  • the various combat and healing nerfs that came with the expansion have made boss fights, and the early game, really painful (combined with the terrible hit detection and dodgy server code...well, combat's not the game's best side, imho)
  • various crafting materials drop that you cannot use since the recipes appear missing from Siptah (but maybe just haven't found them yet)

Since the last mod I needed updated for my Exiled Lands save has now been updated I might just go back to playingbuilding there for now. Still got a humongous pyramid to complete, after all ;)

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

Still plugging along in Majesty. Did the ring mission but not sure how -  I didn't see what hero picked up the ring, and if they got nuked by the Dark Phantoms, maybe was the AI hero that got it, but won the mission with no one around the objective.  Guess I won't look at a gift horse too closely.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, Isle of Siptah for Conan felt a bit empty. I think it is the lack of all those enemy camps everywhere. I set it side for a bit. I know the base game doesn't have a ton of story, but I do feel like I stumble across more letters and stuff.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Is the Isle of Siptah completely separate or can you reach it from the "mainland"?

It's entirely separate. Need to run a separate server instance for it as well (so I have two Conan servers running now...)

The good news being that multi-map is now supported, so stuff like Age of Calamitous should be easier to support for modders.

Slowly making my Brno team better, means I probably will end up with a non Czech team though, as inevitably all my home grown players are garbage and I keep finding decent Slovaks and Serbs to replace them with. We may even win an away game now (this game models home advantage by making the away team stultified)

• Like 2

Conan Exiles is an online game right? Or you have to at least be be online/in a private server to even play solo? I try not to get into those anymore.

3 hours ago, Theonlygarby said:

Every game in my steam library for 15 minutes before getting bored

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

I know that feeling.

Me too.
Used to happen to me for a month or two once every 3-4 years. Then once every 2-3 years. Then once every ... you get the idea.  I think we're up to about once every 4-6 months, now.  When it occurs every few weeks I'll quit gaming.  :lol::p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

34 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Conan Exiles is an online game right? 

Nope. You can play the game completely offline.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

17 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Nope. You can play the game completely offline.

From what I understand that requires a mod tho and doesn't allow dlc items or something.  It's not "native" to the game, (edit) by default it always has an internet check/can't be in Offline Mode.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954145015

Edited by LadyCrimson