PC Version (not Steam) of game not updating with new version

On the XBox live PC version of the game, updates to the game require an entire download and reinstall of the 3+GB game files. This occurred with the update to 0.2.0.2266 and also occurred with 0.2.1. Launching the game multiple times does not force an update, and there are no manual update options in the Xbox client on PC, nor on xbox.com.

Do I have to uninstall and reinstall for every update?

6 hours ago, SenorSushi said:

On the Xbox live PC version of the game, updates to the game require an entire download and reinstall of the 3+GB game files. This occurred with the update to 0.2.0.2266 and also occurred with 0.2.1. Launching the game multiple times does not force an update, and there are no manual update options in the Xbox client on PC, nor on xbox.com.

Do I have to uninstall and reinstall for every update?

No You don't have to reinstall the game I believe you just have to go to the Microsoft store and go to the download list which is the update and then update the game, for me when I click on grounded it automatically updates it but that is when I enter the Microsoft store. I don't know if it will be the same for you

12 hours ago, DIN604 said:

No You don't have to reinstall the game I believe you just have to go to the Microsoft store and go to the download list which is the update and then update the game, for me when I click on grounded it automatically updates it but that is when I enter the Microsoft store. I don't know if it will be the same for you

should be the same across the board for pc gamepass players.  sounds like OP has the auto updates disabled in the store maybe?

Xbox One X