Grass not re-spawning ?

1 hour ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

did you harvest the stumps?  if you haven't it won't respawn.  that's how I keep it from growing around my base, leave the stumps.

did not know that. I do for everything but some spots still come back so I was thinking I had to harvest the stump to make it come back 

1 hour ago, Monkeybiscuits said:

did not know that. I do for everything but some spots still come back so I was thinking I had to harvest the stump to make it come back 

you do have to harvest the stump for it to respawn.  Leaving the stump keeps it from respawning, at least from what i've seen.

Xbox One X

This happend to me also. Obsidian hasn't said anything but I think they reworked it to where if you cut anything down to close to the water (eastern flooded area) it won't grow back. Even if you leave the stump.

I am building right next to the garden shovle and have the same issue.  The grass on the little hills there grow back but nothing else.(sometimes I have floating water droplets where grass was)  It starts to grow back kinda close to the 2 wolf spider spawns.  Also noticed a large patch of clovers by the bird bath never grew back.

And i chopped a Dandy Lion on what is now Rash Island that never grew back. (Stump was left)

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue. I started building by the koi pond next to the juice box, cut down all the grass (stumps too) but it never grew back (its been at least a month in game time) . Kind of ruins good building spot when materials are so limited.