Crusader Kings 3

Guard Dog

I bought it day one.  As is with most paradox games it takes me 10 tries before I get into it.  I'm really liking that I don't feel the urge to blob in the same way CK2 always made me.

Really don't like the Catholics wanting me to imprison my daughter's any time they have sex though.  Going to have to change that when I get stronger.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Crusader kings first DLC coming

Looks like the kingdoms in the Scandinavian region are going to be fleshed  out. I’m actually surprised that didn’t get more love on launch considering where paradox is from.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• 1 month later...

New DLC announced next month: Crusader Kings 3’s new DLC will be revealed at PDXCon Remixed next month | PCGamesN

So far I've played the Byzantines (hated it because it did not function at all like the real BE), Alto Aragorn (Bad starting position, seriously hard kingdom to play), Leon (this was a lot of fun) Duchy of Ulster (this is a breeze), several Asian tribes (they are just blah. Too vanilla. These cultures REALLY need some fleshing out), and several Norse Kingdoms. These are by far the most fun after the Lords of the North content back.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah Norse is probably most fun now, some vanilla western kingdoms are fun as well, rest is just meh. I still hate that I can't get better elective succession. Constantly unifying land after my ruler die is sooooo anoying. Also playing slavic is hell. Constant crusades are just too much. There needs to be some time or something on those...

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

After almost a year I’d say CK3 is good. Not great. It’s a vanilla milkshake with big ambitions it fell well short of on release. But, being a Paradox game it’s going to grow and evolve. My biggest complaint is that the game mechanics. Those actually work fairly well with a couple of exploits that are being fixed. It functions as it should. My biggest complaint is it covers almost half the landmass of the world yet treat every single kingdom exactly the same. It’s immersion breaking and just disappointing. However I think that will likely get fixed.

two years ago I would’ve told you Imperatori Rome was a completely broken game that you would do well to avoid. These days it’s actually pretty decent. That’s paradox. It might take them a while to get there but they get there in the end.

Thomas Sowell